IGNORED

Expectations?

Kibs

We have seen Pre-Season, we are probably still going to see a couple more new faces before the transfer window closes but we have been pretty badly hit with injuries already. Do we even have a right back for saturday with any first team experience?

It is easy to get a bit carried away with David James signing and all the talk of promotion from players/staff etc but what else can they say?

Personally for me, I am very happy with the signings so far, we do need a couple more, I will be delighted with a top 10 finish along with some decent attacking football. Anything else will be a brucie bonus as far as i'm concerned.

So what are your expectations?

Hoping to improve on tenth but can only see it being a place or two right now. Will be a bit clearer come the end of the transfer deadline and I expect at least 1 more player in by then. We can not rely on Maynard too much if we wanna climb the league. I wouldn't rule out January recruitment either.

I expect a poor start and get stronger as the season progresses.

10th or thereabouts.

Agree. The trio of players signing last Friday has given us a lift but we still look short up front and at the back for the first few weeks of the season. That said I expect those positions to be addressed this week or next.

Still though, we were largely poor in pre-season and the squad will take time to gel with so many late arrivals and departures earlier on in pre-season. Not to mention the new manager and his ideas.

I could be wrong and we may hit the ground running but I expect us to drop points early on starting with Millwall coming to AG and getting something on Saturday.

Shame, as August and September on paper looked like there was a fair few winnable games...

James makes minimal difference if the players in front of him have not improved substantially. Injuries will make August hard to judge, and any points in the bag will be a bonus. We need a striker, a centre midfielder and someone far better than Williams for cover on the left. Without injuries, and the new players fitting in, mid table. We still need more quality at the club.

Agreed, I remain worried about our defence, though James' command of his penalty area will make a difference.Also lLooks like Nicky will be out for some time. There is an ominous silence from the club and in those circumstances the next thing tends to be an announcement that he needs surgery :fingerscrossed:. SC clearly agrees with your last sentence. The question is whether he can get what he wants. :fingerscrossed:

Archived