IGNORED

Clarkson

Whites

David Clarkson and??  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sproule is good enough on the wing where he is right now; he's just as fast as he normally is but he's also been checking where his deliveries are going. If we shift him up then Albert and JCR have to jockey for left wing while nobody suitable takes over on the right.

Could well play up there on his own, playing something like a 4-2-3-1 formation - 2 holding defensive midfielders (Cisse, Marv - Skuse probably right back), 3 attacking midfielders (JCR, Sproule, Adomah) and Clarky

Hopefully the defence should be strong enough with what we have left, it kind of picks itself - James in goal, Macca, Fonts, Stewart and Skuse I would imagine.

Still looks threatening enough to get the points if we play well!

Clarkson lacks everything that is Scottish. Beautiful touch at Blue Square Premier level but what the Dalton brothers saw in him I don't know..

A dead parrott with absolutely zero impact on a game of football at this level.

thats a tad harsh for you Sweden. What has come over you all of a sudden? I think you've been on the +46 again.

People are overly critical on Clarkson IMO. He didn't set the world alight last season but when he did play he did show some signs of quality.

He's almost like a new signing, with the illness etc last season, he didn't have much of a chance to show what he can do and has certainly showed quality in pre season.

5 or 6 goals and a couple were lovely finishes. Certainly not a dead parrott, far from it IMO.

People are overly critical on Clarkson IMO. He didn't set the world alight last season but when he did play he did show some signs of quality.

He's almost like a new signing, with the illness etc last season, he didn't have much of a chance to show what he can do and has certainly showed quality in pre season.

5 or 6 goals and a couple were lovely finishes. Certainly not a dead parrott, far from it IMO.

Hello. Clarky is a knew signing as someone wrote before. Last season he was ill and not fit. Anyway those games he played he was often scoring. I think he starts on saturday. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

hats a tad harsh for you Sweden. What has come over you all of a sudden? I think you've been on the +46 again.

It's my honest opinion like it or not. I like players, good or bad, who do their best. The odd tap in is not good enough for someone who perform once a week at the most.

Only two times a year I drink something stronger than beer and that is for midsummer and christmas.

Cheers

Tommy

Clarkson lacks everything that is Scottish. Beautiful touch at Blue Square Premier level but what the Dalton brothers saw in him I don't know..

A dead parrott with absolutely zero impact on a game of football at this level.

You don't see enough of City let alone Clarkson to make such a comment. Keep it to yourself next time.

You don't see enough of City let alone Clarkson to make such a comment. Keep it It's yourself next time.

I believe I have watched more City games than you so far this season. If you don't like my posts don't read them.

"Clueless", "A dead fish lost in the jungle" or what I said. It's a discussion forum. I could have written it more politically correct and you would have agreed 100 percent.

I believe I have watched more City games than you so far this season. If you don't like my posts don't read them.

"Clueless", "A dead fish lost in the jungle" or what I said. It's a discussion forum. I could have written it more politically correct and you would have agreed 100 percent.

And you know which friendlys I've attended how exactly? You refer to tap ins, and pre season, see much of him last season? Thought not. Unless world decided to do a Clarkson tribute video each week just for you...

And you know which friendlys I've attended how exactly? You refer to tap ins, and pre season, see much of him last season? Thought not. Unless world decided to do a Clarkson tribute video each week just for you...

David Clarksons physical presense is close to zero. His working rate is not much better. To me that is a bit odd for a Scot.

He is a typical box player good at "tap ins" but that's about it. Do you disagree?

David Clarksons physical presense is close to zero. His working rate is not much better. To me that is a bit odd for a Scot.

He is a typical box player good at "tap ins" but that's about it. Do you disagree?

Yes I do. Saturday alone he delivered a beautiful assist and finished nicely. Far from a tap in. We saw Sproule and Haynes miss chance after chance in the same position last season. Clarkson can provide assists and can finish.

To be fair it's impossible for any of us to make a fair objective opinion on Clarky as he has only had a handful of actual match minutes at full fitness. Lets give him a run of games this year to let him show us what he's got in actual league matches..or is that a bit old fashioned :tumbleweed:

People think Clarksons game last season was affected by some kind of virus which is absolute nonsense.

You will watch exactly the same player this season.

Clearly the virus effected him a lot. Missing pre-season can have a huge bearing on how well you perform in a season, that's why I'm concerned Maynard hasn't kicked a ball in pre-season! A lot of people don't seem to understand that missing pre-season can mean you don't gain full fitness until well into the season as you're effectively using competitive games to gain fitness. I agree with you on the point that he does seem quite weak for someone of his build and is dispossessed rather easily at times, however I believe he is an intelligent player and he has an excellent touch and decent movement. I'll be interested to see how he does this season and if he can get in and around the box with decent service I think he could bag a decent amount of goals.

Archived