IGNORED

Non-bristolian City Fans

gater2

I was born in Bath and lived in Trowbridge but moved to Portsmouth when I was 4. Not exactly easy growing up supporting City with a 'bigger' local team but that looks like it's on the change now. Last week for the first time ever I was getting envious looks for my City shirt! Still got my season ticket though and plan on going to all 46 league games this year!

My mates a Cornishman and has never lived in Bristol; yet he is a diehard City fan - home and away follower complete with the City related tattoos!

Thanks mate.

Always makes me laugh when we play Plymouth

"Are you Cornish in Disguise...." Actually, No, that'll be me!

Was just wondering if there are any other non-Bristolian City fans out there? Having grown up in Oxford, my dad took me to City when I was growing up and the doomed love affair began. I would say I was just as passionate as most City fans, but I often feel I might have missed some of the experience having never lived in Bristol myself. Does that make me 'less of a fan' do you think? I must admit, although I love going to games (can't make as many as I'd like unfortunately), I always feel like a little bit of an outsider.

Would be interested to see if there's anyone else here who's a passionate City fan, but has never lived in Bristol?

My dad took me to the gate for the first time in the late 70's and i have been a fan ever since.I seem to get more passionate about our team every year.

I know exactly what u mean about being a outsider,i'm from bridgwater and i goto as many games as possible.Its not as if i feel our fans treat me different i just feel like im missing out on something,maybe i need to be closer to my real love :D i have always wanted to live in bristol just because of city and i am sure one day i will,infact i have always wanted to live in raynes road i think that will be close enough :D

CTID

born and raised in Sharpness on the River Severn half way between Bristol and Gloucester, when we were kids there was always a bus going to the football, City or Rovers whoever was playing at home. Luckily when I got old enough to choose for myself I saw the light and went Red side. Was a season ticket holder for years, but work and kids put a stop to that. Stroud area now and doing about 20 games a season, home and away.

Born on Portland,moved to Bridgwater when 7, first game I ever saw was ironically City away at Qpr in 1967!. Regular at the Gate since 74, a few thousand miles travelled since then.

Borned and lived in Sweden all my life. City supporter since 1970. Since 3 yars ago i come over and watch City games. This season I come in november and easter.

Born in Guildford...(there are one or two others like me amazingly enough), family from Bristol and my brother and his lot are their now. moved to Oxford in about 2001 and now live in Chicago.

I get back for as many games as I can...Have been a season ticket holder member of the SC the membership scheme and if you have read many of my posts you'll know I have been at all the big ones (and hundreds of the litle ones) since the early 70's...

I refer to myself as a Bristol City fundamentalist (I always think we can win) and dont see any good reason to change that thinking now

Good Luck to the boys this season:chant6ez:

For any of you that were their I'm the bloke who paid 400 squid for the signed Nicky Maynard photo at the annual end of season bash!

I have lived in Frome all my life :) and BCFC is the clostest big club to me when I started supporting them Rovers were still in eastville and were further from me Yoevil still played in the minnow leagues or I might have supported them. The choices you make as a child :)

Another Fromie here, i know a fair few that come from Frome aswell, perhaps City should lay us on a free cider bus!! :tongue:

Count Dorset_Cider in .................. Born in Dorset, live in Dorset..................... strong family connections in Bristol....... roots are important :)

You can't beat being a BCFC fan though.... it is the best!

Life long fan since I can remember (thanks Dad.......Gramps & Nan Bristol) it would be in the family for over 100years

As for my sons....... Born in Dorset, live in Dorset and support ................................. Yep you guessed it 'BRISTOL CITY FC' thanks Dad ;) ........ Dad/Gramps 'Dorset' and my Mum is a gasser ....... silly Mum, but we don't talk about it much.... the shame :laugh:

Archived