IGNORED

Millwall Match Thread

xlBristolCitylx

After the buzz, excitement and anticipation of the last week or so, just how deflated are we all feeling this afternoon?

"Disgruntled" would be a fair reflection. I'm off out in a minute to find a small ginger bloke to bully :no:

Quite disheartened, but considering the circumstances, it's a fair reflection...

It's a marathon not a sprint - Norwich got hammered at home 1st game last season and were still easily promoted. We will do well, given the ups and downs of following City this was almost inevitable

It's a marathon not a sprint - Norwich got hammered at home 1st game last season and were still easily promoted. We will do well, given the ups and downs of following City this was almost inevitable

Of course mate, but with all the hype and build-up to this game, to see us quite easily ripped apart is worrying, but like I said in the circumstances (Injuries, new players) it's a fair result.... but nobody likes to lose the first game.

Oh my god stewart send off, another player out! now I am worried!

preceptively put sir.

SC will need more new faces this coming week especially after Vokes injury. he was making an understatement when he said 'threadbare' !

get the mare out of the way early.. only way is up from here.

The biggest concern of this afternoon, is that how many extra fans went down to watch james first game etc.. for city. They wont be back in a hurry after that team performance. Which will mean a mass amount of lost revenue for the club. It was show case time for city today. They failed. Will be more like 12k for the next home game.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

Stewart off.

Maybe he should just keep walking all the way back to QPR.

My boys queued up to get tickets today and thought they it was their lucky day when they got some at 2.45 - they're well hacked off now.

All their hard earned cash wasted and not enough left to buy enough strong ciders to drown their sorrows.

They've already decided to give the next two games a miss.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

Carling don't do bad starts to the season, but if they did................................................................

Heh, heh, heh !

The writing was on the wall in pre season, back to 14k next home game

Oh yes QPR fans did warn us that the centre half got sent off a lot

I know it's early doors and it's a marathon and not a sprint, But...................

Certain forum members wanted entertainment, in fact 1 member even stated he would rather see us lose as long as it was entertaining 3 goals?.

Looking forward to seeing SC verdict to see if any different to those some people were so critical of.

First time I've seen Stewart. Clearly overweight. Huffed and puffed his way to dismissal.

First game or not that is an extremely worrying start more injuries and suspensions and a completely clueless performance.

Oh dear

C'mon, how can you say that! Personally my man of the match, Aerially he dominated, which is something Carey or Fonts never do. He made 4/5 really good sliding tackles which cut out many attacks, and he outmuscled their strikers out the game. He hardly overweight, you clearly dont know the difference between being overweight and being stocky and powerful. If you wanna have a pop at any players look at Clarkson, he was awful today, never moved and never looked liked moving, he didnt challenge anything, utterly useless in my opinion. Should of played Akinde, he's willing and big, strong, pacey. Go on Steve, Give the lad a chance!

Firstly, I am giving him a chance. Commenting on the current situation is allowed you know?

Secondly, having watched the game for 30 odd years and played to a half decent standard I can comfortably say I DO know the difference between overweight and stocky. Sat at touchline level as I do behind the goal he was struggling for breath as early and ten mins into the game with his face soaked with sweat. Hands on his hips, mouth wide open gasping.

Hopefully given a few weeks he can sharpen himself up fitness wise. I'm not writing him off, but currently he isn't as fit as he could be

After a performance like that, as a paying customer I am entitled to have a pop. I don't care if it was only the first game. You can't comment on what may happen in the future, and this season has no past apart from today.

Early days. I'm not panicking, but that was worrying

Firstly, I am giving him a chance. Commenting on the current situation is allowed you know?

Secondly, having watched the game for 30 odd years and played to a half decent standard I can comfortably say I DO know the difference between overweight and stocky. Sat at touchline level as I do behind the goal he was struggling for breath as early and ten mins into the game with his face soaked with sweat. Hands on his hips, mouth wide open gasping.

Hopefully given a few weeks he can sharpen himself up fitness wise. I'm not writing him off, but currently he isn't as fit as he could be

After a performance like that, as a paying customer I am entitled to have a pop. I don't care if it was only the first game. You can't comment on what may happen in the future, and this season has no past apart from today.

Early days. I'm not panicking, but that was worrying

I fully understand that, just saying, i thought he was one of our better players you know. Yeah fully agree with the sweating, i seen that from the EE. I dont think hes overweight, just the way his body is, really thick set. Didn't intend to have a go about it but so much negativity on the forum about the defence, which is much deserved but the left side of our defence (Fonts and Macca) was considerably poorer than our right side (Stewart and Hunt). And i ment Give akinde a chance to play!

Archived