IGNORED

Jcr

Superjack

Very glad i'm not the only one who was puzzled and very frustrated at that sub,anyone BUT JCR, he was the only one that looked like doing anything with the ball, and when he did, he didn't have any support at all....very poor performance today by city. And also, gotta ask, why play clarkson up on his own first half? playing one up front at home, bit negative isn't it??Clarkson had to keep coming extremely deep to claim the ball,which meant we were non exsistant up front all first half (and 2nd!)

Very glad i'm not the only one who was puzzled and very frustrated at that sub,anyone BUT JCR, he was the only one that looked like doing anything with the ball, and when he did, he didn't have any support at all....very poor performance today by city. And also, gotta ask, why play clarkson up on his own first half? playing one up front at home, bit negative isn't it??Clarkson had to keep coming extremely deep to claim the ball,which meant we were non exsistant up front all first half (and 2nd!)

Playing one up front need not be negative. Man U play Rooney with two wide support players for instance. It won't work however if your sole tactic is to hoof it towards the one man and if the wide players and midfield don't support him. Against Blackpool we played it out from the back with the same formation which was why I was baffled with yesterday's approach. Equally baffled when JCR was subbed though. The only player to come out with any credit IMO.

On the radio I didn't hear his name mentioned for about 20 minutes and only occasionally after that. Sproule and Adomah on the other hand sounded like they were causing problems for Millwall in the first half. Interesting that it sounds from people who were at the game like it was more the other way around.

Cant say it surprised me too much as at half time we switched to 4-4-2 with albert up front, it seemed obvious to me that he was probably going to be the one to be replaced when Vokes was going to come on.Having said that JCR is a player i like, but must get his head up more and sometimes move the ball on quicker.But it could of been anyone from a few too be replaced to be honest.

JCR was our MOM yesterday after a slow start, anyone remember that run & dribble in the first half?, he took on half of their team on his own because he had no other options and as always trying to create things.

But don't forget he was carrying a knock all week from the Blackpool game ,so it was probably already planned to take him off after about an hour.

Think Coppello sees JCR as our most creative player.

BCAGFC

Anyone see at the main gates his wife driving back into the stadium car park at about 2.30 and saying to the stewards she had just popped back home to grab his boots as he had forgotten them!!! That was the prep from the guy that played the best for us, haa! No wonder why we got trounced.

Anyways, totally blew my image of the lads collecting their boots from a boot room before kick-off.

Agree with you that JCR was our best player til he got subbed. Also think Elliott started well and that Adomah had a good debut. Occasionally we played the ball around well but did not manage to threat. The only player who had a chance of beating his man was Sproule. That together we a lack of creativity in central midfield cost us the game. First half was all long balls from James. We are crying for a playmaker.

He played well, is mobile and does attack players. He also retains the ball well

Strangely though, for me, nothing ever seems to come of it and he doesn't score goals either.

I though Adomah looked very raw and lightweight on Saturday. Easy to knock off the ball and doesn't shield and protect it well

Akinde must have been gutted to be left out altogether

I also thought Clarkson was poor, Elliott too.

Early days, but Paul Hartley leaving is a huge loss

Yes, very pretty. I remember a point in the 2nd half when he took the ball from one side of the pitch to the other - he then tried to come back. Can't remember what happened to it cos I probably dozed off waiting for him to do something. Summed up hisplay I thought. At least LJ passes it sideways rather than running sideways.

I think the problem was he was wasted out on the pitch yesterday. For a player who likes to run forward with the ball he needs support infront of him and not behind, so if Maynard and Haynes were playing infront of him I'm sure it would have seemed much better and his runs coming to something. However as it was just Clarkson (Who I personally dont rate anyway) he had no support forward, meaning when he ran into 3-4 defenders his only option was to go back, when usually he would play Maynard or Haynes through with the opening he had made.

However even without the assistance infront of him I would still give him MOTM. Only player who seemed to want something from the game. Saying that I though Albert had a good game as well, a little quiter than JCR but good non the less. Lets just hope for the injury crisis to be over ASAP and back to the strongest 11. We need goal scorers on the pitch...

thought JCR was totally anonymous for the first 20 mins and while he made a few decent runs thereafter he seemed out of position and unsure-LJ would have been a better bet I think and would have improved upon the awful set piece delivery- time after time we wasted set pieces. Again we played to many long balls up to our "big" striker which were meat and drink to their defence. It can only get better......................

I don't understand this JCR love in. One run and dribble! Is that it? He was part of a midfield snuffed out and ultimately over run. Since he arrived, we have suffered some of the worst home defeats i can remember. No better than LJ.

Thats because he is not a CM.

Archived