IGNORED

It's A No Brainer

cityfan

Clarkson is slow and easy to knock off the ball, cannot win a header and will not lead the line

Adomah is raw, easy to knock off the ball and doesn't shield and protect the ball

Vokes is injured as is Maynard

Neither Sproule nor haynes would lead a strike line

So already, it seems clear to me that Coppell has no choice, but to start Akinde, both tonight and at the weekend

In his favour we have already seen that he is

• Physically strong
  • Wins the ball in the air
  • Quick
  • High cruising speed (No jokes about cars , bikes, whatever)
  • Great touch

Injuries all over the place. Now would be the perfect time, forced maybe for a run of games.

Akinde to start, Cup and league for a good run of games

I can only assume you watched no pre season.

The kiddie isn't interested in applying any of this attributes, the game just passes him by as for winning balls in the air he wouldn't beat Lee Johnson to something in the air.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I think hes brilliant in the air.

How about Styvar ?? ;)

Loan him out???????????? Joking surely. If he gets loaned out one more time for experience he will become surplus to requirements and be transferred.

I don't get loaning out players who when are brought back are never picked. Waste of time. Why not just put them up for sale.

Too many players at City that in my opinion are NOW surplus to requirements, but Akinde is not one of them.

For example, I can't really see Williams and Johnson getting much of a shout this year. Clarkson either. Same with Nyatanga. Both carey and Fonts still ahead of him and he is not a left back to provide cover for McCallister. I can see though how Akinde and Ribiero should be blooded.properly.

James Wilson, always injured - What use is that to us?

Quite a few more players to go in my opinion, but as I said, not Akinde and for sure Coppell will bring more in putting pressure on those more seasoned players who are not going to command a regular place

Give Clarkson a run in the team, he needs it!

Heck a goal tomorrow might start him off

Exactly mate, one goal and Clarky could be off and running.

I like the way the OP says that Adomah is raw, I'm guessing he's played a lot more than Akinde has - I could be wrong on that, but at a minimum, Adomah is no rawer (is that a word!) than Akinde!

I sit in the Williams block L and thought it was weird that Akinde was not training with anyone else at all throughout the pre match warm up, all he was doing was timed sprints up and down the touch line which as Iv just said seemed weird to me, didnt even take part in the shooting exercise. Maybe hes not 100 per cent fit as well :noexp: Anyone else notice this??

Akinde is big and strong but lacks the quality required to be effective in the Championship imo. He's not progressed/developed much since he joined City and seems to let games drift by him. I would not be surprised to see him farmed out on loan again and then sold in the January window.

Another Johnson flop along with Styvar

Akinde is big and strong but lacks the quality required to be effective in the Championship imo. He's not progressed/developed much since he joined City and seems to let games drift by him. I would not be surprised to see him farmed out on loan again and then sold in the January window.

Before anyone jumps on Robbo's back for the GJ stick - the fella has this one bang on! I see nothing about Akinde that thinks he's going to make it at this level. Got a lot more chance than Styvar though!!

Akinde hasn't developed or moved on I'm afraid, Coppell must agree as he put Marlon Jackson on the bench ahead of him (didn't hear that Akinde was injured)

If we wern't short on strikers then nobody would be mentioning him - he hasn't suddenly got any better just because Vokes is injured.

It's a very worrying situation, Clarkson looked off the pace and not strong enough to handle the Championship. Last season he was given the benefit

of the doubt as he missed the pre season and start with illness and possibly never caught up. He's had a full pre season this time, but still looked as if

the physical side was too much.

I'm expecting Coppell to revisit the Kitson deal as reported on the Stoke site. I'd be disappointed if we pay £2m for him though.

That would have all the hallmarks of the Trundle panic buy (when we offered 450K and ended up at £1M) after every other striker was snapped up.

I'd value Kitson at about £750K with some of that payable on appearances and goals.

It'll be interesting to see how SC plays it.

CR

Robbored - To be fair how can you prove that you have progressed and developed if you are not playing matches. Akinde has been brought in as 'one for the future'. Then loaned out, brought back, left out, loaned out and so it goes on.

Very wasteful in my opinion and the lad will lose heart, understandably. Clarkson has had for more chances and doesn't really look strong enough, fast enough or a goal scorer.

I think Akinde should be put ahead of Clarkson and by all means try Jackson and Adomah. But a slow Clarkson and a raw Adomah leading the line as with Saturday will not produce anything imo.

Let's see what happens this Saturday with our second game

Exactly mate, one goal and Clarky could be off and running.

I like the way the OP says that Adomah is raw, I'm guessing he's played a lot more than Akinde has - I could be wrong on that, but at a minimum, Adomah is no rawer (is that a word!) than Akinde!

Cant see it, i agree with original poster i would love to see Akinde get a run of games, all bout personal opinions but he impressed me with his physical presence when he was called upon last season, he also is quicker than clarkson who i really dont think is going to cut it

Akinde and Clarkson have not only stagnated, they're both going backwards at a rapid pace. Given where Akinde started that is not a happy situation! Taxi for both.

Totally agree about Akinde. In the pre-season games I've seen, Akinde has amazed me how a bloke with his build seems to be totally lacking in any form of heading ability. That early enthusiastic running he showed when he first came has now gone. He HAS gone backwards and it will take a massive turnaround for him to nail a regular 1st team spot, or even extend his stay at the club. I haven't seen anything pre-season that suggests he's got what it takes at this level tbh.

I've still got a sneaking feeling Clarkson could be useful, but he definitely needs the right partner, though he looks far better playing deeper and behind the main striker. The problem is he gets brushed off the ball far too easily, so in the end, I would not be at all surprised if both these players days are numbered at the club.

Possibly true, but at least Akinde was cheap. He was a punt which may not have worked out.

City have missed out in the past by not taking the odd gamble on non-league players, often only to see them pop up at another nearby club and play a blinder. It's always a gamble but it's a cheap one and one worth taking.

Archived