IGNORED

Ryan Harley

Taunton_City

I don't understand why we let Ryan Harley go in the first place!

He looked quality in Midfield for those last few games of the season back when Tinnion was in charge!

Obviously someone didn't rate him for whatever reason, but I knew he would come back to haunt us one day!

He looked quality in Midfield for those last few games of the season back when Tinnion was in charge!

Obviously someone didn't rate him for whatever reason, but I knew he would come back to haunt us one day!

Everytime I saw him, he scored a wonder goal from 30 yards out and generally played very well.

God only knows why he went. Which idiot let him go?

wiki:

Ryan Bernard Harley (born 22 January 1985, in Bristol) is a professional English footballer currently playing as a midfielder for Exeter City.

Harley started his career with Bristol City, as a youngster, apprentice, and then professional. He made 3 appearances for the Bristol City first team, for whom he made his debut versus Port Vale in 2003.

He then spent one month on loan at Conference National side Forest Green Rovers, whilst Gary Owers was in charge.

Harley signed for Weston-super-Mare in October 2006 from Bristol City. An all round talent, he was spotted by former manager Frank Gregan. Harley eventually left the club to sign with Exeter City in November 2007, stating his desire to be a full-time professional. He made his Exeter debut against Rushden & Diamonds in the FA Trophy on 12 January 2008.

Ryan states that his career highlight to date is playing in the Bristol City side that beat Bristol Rovers 5-1 in the Gloucestershire County Cup Final.

Harley scored a great goal in the second leg of Exeter's play-off semi-final against Torquay United to spark a City comeback. Harley more recently scored the 2 goals to beat Leeds United at St James Park in the League 1 fixture.

Ryan scored the vital goal in the final game of the 2009-10 season, against Huddersfield, which ensured Exeter league 1 status.

He signed a new contract with Exeter City in July 2009

I would completely agree with you - I watched him quite a few times when he was still at City and couldn't believe we let him go.

Now I live in Devon and work with many Exeter fans who constantly rave about him - he is definitlely worth a punt - salary wouldn't be too much either!!

I would completely agree with you - I watched him quite a few times when he was still at City and couldn't believe we let him go.

Now I live in Devon and work with many Exeter fans who constantly rave about him - he is definitlely worth a punt - salary wouldn't be too much either!!

We've let a lot of players go on the cheap who have come through our academy and few have made the grade have they, especially in recent times.

One could argue letting Harley go was not a bad decision as he is still a leaque below BCFC, left initially for non-league WSM and it has taken him 5 long years to start catching peoples attention.

That said perhaps finally he could make a step up but i hardly think he is the answer to all our left sided problems.

Everytime I saw him, he scored a wonder goal from 30 yards out and generally played very well.

God only knows why he went. Which idiot let him go?

Ryan is my mates halff brother, so know a bit about the lad away from the football pitch. Moving from us was the best thing that ever happened to him, and if he had stayed, he would not be the player he is now. Was very much one of the gang that used to spend more time out and about larging it up in town, along with Keogh and Noble and co.

Being released by City was a huge wake up call, and forced the lad to grow up and bit and appreciate the gift he had.

Another one is Frankie Artus, he was sent to rehab last year. The drinking/social culture with our academy players is shocking.

Maybe we should relocate the Academy to somewhere like the inhospitable hills of Dartmoor. If they wanna make the grade at City they gotta earn it. Probably find they will be trying to get INTO Broadmoor to get away from the harsh training. Stern stuff they are not, mostly these days.

I thought the same about Kington last season, he looked the most likely of our 1st year pro's to break into the first team, anyone know whether he has found a new club yet?

Ryan is my mates halff brother, so know a bit about the lad away from the football pitch. Moving from us was the best thing that ever happened to him, and if he had stayed, he would not be the player he is now. Was very much one of the gang that used to spend more time out and about larging it up in town, along with Keogh and Noble and co.

Being released by City was a huge wake up call, and forced the lad to grow up and bit and appreciate the gift he had.

Another one is Frankie Artus, he was sent to rehab last year. The drinking/social culture with our academy players is shocking.

Would any of that preclude him coming back? Given that as far as I'm aware the drinking culture amongst the first team has at least been reduced since those days.

Really? That is shocking if true, and I've got no reason to doubt you.

Archived