IGNORED

Rip Adam Stansfield

RedTauntonian

If there was a dressing room really full of heartbroken players last night, I suspect that it was in Exeter not Southend!

I would imagine that Lee Johnson and Gavin Williams would be pretty upset as they played with Adam at Yeovil

RIP Adam - my thoughts go out to your family

I went to a colleagues funeral in May, he also died of cancer at 31, this is terribly sad news, especially if he does have a young family and puts a Carling cup defeat into perspective, doesn't it?

I agree mate as do I with all the other similar posts, defeats are all trivial and part of living, however life itself is a special thing and one that should be enjoyed,last night means nothing compared to this.

RIP Adam, best wishes to all friends and family

I went to a colleagues funeral in May, he also died of cancer at 31, this is terribly sad news, especially if he does have a young family and puts a Carling cup defeat into perspective, doesn't it?

That's what I thought when I heard about it on the coach home from Southend last night - Truly awful, as it said in a report on the BBC website, Exeter would probably prefer to lose their survival battle (in League 1) if it meant that Adam Stansfield could have won his.

R.I.P.

I remember seeing Adam Stansfield play for Hereford United vs City a few years ago in a friendly, and I thought that he looked like a pretty decent player!

I do recall hearing about his unfortunate illness with bowel cancer a few months ago, and I was hoping that he would be able to make a full recovery... :(

It's a crying shame that he eventually passed away after not being able to recover from various treatments, and my condolences go out to all his family!

Archived