IGNORED

Brian Wilson

BCFCDOY

Hi All

I work at the abbey hotel in malvern and we had Colchester United stay for the after noon yesterday before they played Hereford and i took bags up to Brain Wilson room, and we got chatting about city days i said to him i allways remember wen we smashed the bar against leicester away in the 1st season back in championship.

Anyway he also told me that Kevin Lisbie rejected the chance to join us and go to millwall on loan instead what would we have thought of him in a city shirt this season?

thoughts?

Hi All

I work at the abbey hotel in malvern and we had Colchester United stay for the after noon yesterday before they played Hereford and i took bags up to Brain Wilson room, and we got chatting about city days i said to him i allways remember wen we smashed the bar against leicester away in the 1st season back in championship.

Anyway he also told me that Kevin Lisbie rejected the chance to join us and go to millwall on loan instead what would we have thought of him in a city shirt this season?

thoughts?

Lisbie? No thank you!

Do footballers really get their bags taken up to their rooms? Pampered or what......!

Wouldn't have fancied Lisbie at all. However, i always kind of liked Brian Wilson. Probably not skilful enough to play right wing or good enough defensively to play full back, but i always felt he gave 100%

Brian Wilson had a six pack which is always good (Sorry girly moment there :innocent06::dancing6:)

Lisbie - not sure tbh always seems to give our defence the runaround.

However, i always kind of liked Brian Wilson. Probably not skilful enough to play right wing or good enough defensively to play full back, but i always felt he gave 100%

Agreed, not good enough to be a championship defender ( certainly not left back) but his stamina, link play and crossing ability made him a good squad player to fill in in midfield.

Outstanding cross for Colchester's goal, so i'm told.

I'd certainly have retained him, and knowing SC's liking for player's who can fill several positions, maybe he would have too.

Agreed, not good enough to be a championship defender ( certainly not left back) but his stamina, link play and crossing ability made him a good squad player to fill in in midfield.

I'd certainly have retained him, and knowing SC's liking for player's who can fill several positions, maybe he would have too.

Agree with the first sentence but not the second.

Wilson was too prone to ball watching and positionally was awfull, frequently getting caught out in the wrong place. Simply couldn't follow team orders reliably enough.

Hi All

thoughts?

Did he also say...."I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven, when you smile" ?

Or was that someone else.

Agree with the first sentence but not the second.

Wilson was too prone to ball watching and positionally was awfull, frequently getting caught out in the wrong place. Simply couldn't follow team orders reliably enough.

I agree with you there. I always though defensively he was awful and I don't think he could cut it at this level. I think releasing him was the right choice.

I agree with you there. I always though defensively he was awful and I don't think he could cut it at this level. I think releasing him was the right choice.

I think right back was his favoured position but can hardly remember him playing there let alone getting caught out of position etc, must have missed that.

I think right back was his favoured position but can hardly remember him playing there let alone getting caught out of position etc, must have missed that.

He did say that and it was always puzzling. Perhaps he said it because full back was where he thought he had most chance of a regular game at AG.

He was a decent overlapping right full back but it was an ill thought out decision by GJ to put him in at left back just because he was versatile and willing to play there for the sake of the team. Defensively he certainly struggled at left back and some fans judged him and dismissed him on those appearances

However he was far more impressive in midfield but difficult to really make his mark there as he was usually filling in rather than having sustained runs in the team.

As I said earlier he was a good quick thinking link man on the right and his crossing and shooting ability were far superior to Ivan's.

In the end injuries finished off his City career but Wilson's a good all round footballer and I've no doubt he'll end up back in the Championship eventually.

He did say that and it was always puzzling. Perhaps he said it because full back was where he thought he had most chance of a regular game at AG.

He was a decent overlapping right full back but it was an ill thought out decision by GJ to put him in at left back just because he was versatile and willing to play there for the sake of the team. Defensively he certainly struggled at left back and some fans judged him and dismissed him on those appearances

However he was far more impressive in midfield but difficult to really make his mark there as he was usually filling in rather than having sustained runs in the team.

As I said earlier he was a good quick thinking link man on the right and his crossing and shooting ability were far superior to Ivan's.

In the end injuries finished off his City career but Wilson's a good all round footballer and I've no doubt he'll end up back in the Championship eventually.

I must admit I seem to recall several bad performances at right back, most recently his display at Cardiff last season which was atrocious. Agreed that his end product was often decent, but for me he didn't do enough to warrant a starting place, I've just always thought we've had better options in midfield. I'll be interested to see how he does at Colchester, maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Hi All

thoughts?

Was that similar to when we smashed the bar at Nottm. Forest that time?

Archived