IGNORED

So.... What Can Millen Do?

nebristolred

<br />I know we are all in shock over Coppell, but looking ahead, I'm not sure whether I'm excited about Millen or worried.<br /><br />I'm oddly optimistic, he did very well as caretaker, could he be a hidden gem?<br /><br />He's learnt from 2 of the best (GJ and briefly SC).<br />
<br /><br /><br />

He's certainly got his work cut out for him but this is possibly a good time to take over. 45 games left, transfer window open (just), fans no doubt so shocked that they will be more understanding than otherwise.

I think Keith Millen has it in him to be a good manager, whether now is too early we shall see.

I certainly wish him every success, we all need to get behind him next game.

I know we are all in shock over Coppell, but looking ahead, I'm not sure whether I'm excited about Millen or worried.

I'm oddly optimistic, he did very well as caretaker, could he be a hidden gem?

He's learnt from 2 of the best (GJ and briefly SC).

He done a great job last season fair play to him but something is telling me this could be another tinnion as manager

But i will get behind him and give him my support as he will need it

i hope millen can bring in some players

I am utterly shocked and appalled at this but will support Keith fully as we all should if SL sees him as suitable and his record as caretaker is poretty good we migh unearth the real gem we all wanted hope DJ stays and hope that KM can get the boys going now

I think the players respect him. My only worry is does he have the contacts in the game.

Same. The player that were already here have a respect for him and I'm sure some of the newer ones realise he knows what he's talking about but his contacts will be a lot smaller than that of Coppells and it may be more difficult to bring in the "big" names.

[quote name='newarkred' / I think the players respect him. My only worry is does he have the contacts in the game.<br /><br />We saw how the players responded when he took over last season. He won't have the same contacts as someone like Coppell but he's been around the game long enough to have built up a network of his own.<br /><br />It will be interesting to see who becomes his number 2. David James?

It's a period of rebuilding, so a bit of stability can only be good. First objective is to avoid relegation, then it's a case of re-building and putting together a side that can compete in the Championship, whilst not draining SL's wallet too much. Tough ask.

• Admin
<br />I'm sure given time he will be a success. I think the players respect him. My only worry is does he have the contacts in the game.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Contacts only come into play when attempting to sign loan players. We've suffered shit loan players for the last goodness knows how long so he can't be any worse than recent appointments.

If you're purchasing a player from a club their manager isn't going to give a damn if he knows & trusts you or not :D

Archived