IGNORED

The Not Happy With Keith Millen Thread

Smokey

not being funny but is this a serious question? He saved us from relegation and is a very well trained and experienced coach!

yeah it is a deadly serious question. he was in charge for 5 games after the players were so desperate for gary j to leave. I could understand him being given the caretaker manager job but 3 year deal?

If we're 15th or worse at Xmas Lansdown needs to decide, having made a rod for his own back, whether to pay up the vast majority of a three year contract or jeopardise everythin he has worked so hard to achieve for this club in recent times.

If we are relegated this year it's likely bye bye new stadium, bye bye Mr Chairman.

I sincerely hope it doesnt come to that, but this appointment is massive and I see absolutely no logic or benefit in a three year deal.

A three year contract for Millen is a huge mistake and has got be to looked apon with the same degree of disbelief as Tinnion's appointment.

This is a desperate move from Lansdown.

All of the euphoria of the close season has been blown away , not only by Coppell going but by this appointment as well.

Sure Millen did well as a caretaker at the end of a season with no pressure but to offer him 3 years is crazy.

Hopefully the reasons for Coppell leaving will become apparent , no money / players not wanting to move to the S/W Coppell not wanting James ?? That is now history.

What is more important is the future and it looks bleak

Which is why he has "retired from football management".

Lighten up - Coppell has left us because he doesnt want to be a manager of any football club.

Lansdown has been fantastic for our club, lets not start calling him desperate for making from what i can see is a fairly straight forward decision to make Keith manager.

Up the reds.

No point in questioning things. I for one will give Millen more than 100% backing and support. He has a tough job to do, but if we can come through this with all that has happened (manager, Stadium, players injured, players leaving) - we will kick some a$$.

Time to push as one again.

Which is why he has "retired from football management".

Lighten up - Coppell has left us because he doesnt want to be a manager of any football club.

Lansdown has been fantastic for our club, lets not start calling him desperate for making from what i can see is a fairly straight forward decision to make Keith manager.

Up the reds.

Well said that man!

Remind me again how many games we played so far this season? The fickle City fans strike again. Disaster has struck, and we only played one game!

A bit more upbeat, a bit more positive we want to be, although, that wouldn't be in keeping with tradition of City supporters - a bunch of moaning whingers we are!

But then there would be no need of this forum.

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSS

Of course, Millen had a dreadful record last season as caretaker, and because he is not a big name, we should not give him a chance. As for looking at 15th, just look at the squad, our main striker is out for Months, and start thinking of 21st position as a realistic ambition.

Pre-season euphoria? Some of us recognised that defeats to Exeter, Aldershot and Torquay with the defence looking shambolic might be a major warning to lower expectations.

Am i the only one who is not terribly disapointed with todays goings on? I have thought since day one that SC did not look like a man dying to take over and run our club, his interviews since he became boss have been very dour and not shown me any evidence to convince that he was up for the challange! The whole thing from the start was weird, being appointed but not starting until more or less pre season! We were playing catch because of him!

I would rather him go now as opposed to January and leave us in a relegation battle potentially! Id rather have a 100% KM than 50% SC... I like Millen and think we saw breifly at the end of last season what he was about, he spoke well, made the right substitutions and got the results... I would not have been terribly disapointed had KM been given this job in May time! He has been loyal, leanrt his trade and undetstands the club. The only concerns I have are 3yr deal? His no2 will be a huge and important decison and could make or break the appointment, also attracting players without the bug name like Coppell could be difficult.... That said teams in this league have been promoted without having a big name manager ala Phil Brown, Ady Boothroyd, and of course the likes of Sean OD at Donnie all doing good jobs all show it can work!

Good luck Keith, I am behind you and the team!

not being funny but is this a serious question? He saved us from relegation and is a very well trained and experienced coach!

Yes and he knows the Club. Look at the coash of Barcelona he was questioned by most of the people and look what he have done. He knows Barca. I dont compare Barca with City, but you have to get the feeling for the club as a coash and I think Millen has.

Yes and he knows the Club. Look at the coash of Barcelona he was questioned by most of the people and look what he have done. He knows Barca. I dont compare Barca with City, but you have to get the feeling for the club as a coash and I think Millen has.

yeah, true

Tinnion all over again? how so? Tinnion hadn't managed before he took over, we were in league 1 and he didn't have the dressing room (apparently!) Millen did a great job at the end of last season and will do whatever it takes to get City on the up again. Let's give him some support instead of questioning whether its the right or wrong decision!

Or perhaps if you listened to the interviews on the website you would hear that he still has 3 years on his contract and it didn't seem fair to change that. They look forward to success.

It gives the impression he has probably just had a wage increase rather than new contract, but has probably had it said that if it doesn't work out as manager he could stay on as a coach for the entirety of his contract.

Am i the only one who is not terribly disapointed with todays goings on? I have thought since day one that SC did not look like a man dying to take over and run our club, his interviews since he became boss have been very dour and not shown me any evidence to convince that he was up for the challange! The whole thing from the start was weird, being appointed but not starting until more or less pre season! We were playing catch because of him!

I would rather him go now as opposed to January and leave us in a relegation battle potentially! Id rather have a 100% KM than 50% SC... I like Millen and think we saw breifly at the end of last season what he was about, he spoke well, made the right substitutions and got the results... I would not have been terribly disapointed had KM been given this job in May time! He has been loyal, leanrt his trade and undetstands the club. The only concerns I have are 3yr deal? His no2 will be a huge and important decison and could make or break the appointment, also attracting players without the bug name like Coppell could be difficult.... That said teams in this league have been promoted without having a big name manager ala Phil Brown, Ady Boothroyd, and of course the likes of Sean OD at Donnie all doing good jobs all show it can work!

Good luck Keith, I am behind you and the team!

No, I definitely agree with this. Good Luck Keith!

There isn't a lot of great choice out there is there?

Dowie, Southgate, Robson?

No ***king thanks, KM will steady the ship if we give him the support he needs to help us through these bad times :city:

Of course, Millen had a dreadful record last season as caretaker, and because he is not a big name, we should not give him a chance. As for looking at 15th, just look at the squad, our main striker is out for Months, and start thinking of 21st position as a realistic ambition.

Pre-season euphoria? Some of us recognised that defeats to Exeter, Aldershot and Torquay with the defence looking shambolic might be a major warning to lower expectations.

Completely agree.

15th at Xmas looks very appealing at present!

There isn't a lot of great choice out there is there?

Dowie, Southgate, Robson?

No ***king thanks, KM will steady the ship if we give him the support he needs to help us through these bad times :city:

no there isn't a great choice of manager available, your right. hes gotta get the correct assistant now tho

Archived