IGNORED

Football Lies Dot Com

Southport Red

Been reading the nonsense posing as fact on football rumours. The David James stuff isn't actually the biggest City twaddle on there (did you know that Billy Davis is to be our new manager? - Blimey, Millen lasted less time than Coppell if that's true). Made me think, purely for entertainments' sake, let's post some nonsense 'rumours' of our own on here. The idea is that they must (of course) be nonsense and yet they MUST have just the teeniest bit of 'believeability' about them.

I'll start

David Beckham is talking to Bristol City because he wants to put his eldest son Brooklyn into Millfield School and he and Posh want to be nearby.

Beckham believes that if he plays in the Championship he will play every game, be under Capello's nose and so force his way back into the England set up. He is talking to Bristol City because he could prolong his career by playing in the Championship and be close to his son's school. He is also talking to City Chairman Sir Steve Lansdown about buying in to City because is thinks it offers a good price for owning a team.

Next!

Been reading the nonsense posing as fact on football rumours. The David James stuff isn't actually the biggest City twaddle on there (did you know that Billy Davis is to be our new manager? - Blimey, Millen lasted less time than Coppell if that's true). Made me think, purely for entertainments' sake, let's post some nonsense 'rumours' of our own on here. The idea is that they must (of course) be nonsense and yet they MUST have just the teeniest bit of 'believeability' about them.

I'll start

David Beckham is talking to Bristol City because he wants to put his eldest son Brooklyn into Millfield School and he and Posh want to be nearby.

Beckham believes that if he plays in the Championship he will play every game, be under Capello's nose and so force his way back into the England set up. He is talking to Bristol City because he could prolong his career by playing in the Championship and be close to his son's school. He is also talking to City Chairman Sir Steve Lansdown about buying in to City because is thinks it offers a good price for owning a team.

Next!

Now this game is something I'm good at! :winner_third_h4h:

Great idea, could be fun. Here's my effort.

Bristol rovers Chairman Nick Higgs has announced that work is about to commence on their long awaited new Memorial stadium.

Mr Higgs has been quoted as saying 'All finance is finally in place and the diggers will be onsite on Monday to remove the roof on the tent''.

It is believed that matchbox have been awarded the construction contract as they are adept at building miniature versions of the real thing which should suffice given the clubs dwindling support.

Oh sorry, I should have posted something with the 'teeniest bit of believability'. D'OH!

• Admin

Bristol Rovers have just announced a new shirt sponsor ship deal. The new deal will see the door furniture at the Mem renewed and the shirts will proudly bear the name of the new sponsor: The Knob Connection

http://www.knobconnection.com/

Click on the link kids, don't dare put that in google..........

Bristol rovers have appointed gary glitter as the head of there youth academy. Garry said this was just "too good an opportunity to turn down considering his wealth of knowledge of local youth action." glitter has also said he will be working hard to forge closer links with youngsters in south east asia. Glitter said " I am hoping to bring afew over for a weeks trial, just as soon as I get my computer back from pc world....

• Admin

Stoke City striker Dave Kitson, 30, is thought to have turned down the chance to join Championship side Bristol City. The South West based side, who recently parted company with manager Steve Coppell, are believed to have had an undisclosed bid accepted by the Premier League outfit but sources close to the player suggest that his wage demands ultimately proved too high for the Robins to match.

New Bristol manager Keith Millen is instead likely to turn his attentions to 27 year old Bury striker Andy Bishop.

1) Newly appointed Peterborough Manager Gary Johnson is rumoured to have shown in interest in becoming Keith Millens number two at ashton gate. However this has been thrown into speculation as one of the strikers on the potential targets list submitted by the short happy chappy which he hoped would prove his expertise, actually turned out to be a left back.

2) Michael Owen has been spotted in Bristol having lunch with David James, It is believed that they are discussing the possibility of Micheal moving to Ashton Gate. It is believed that Owen is prepared to Give up his stables in chesire to start a elderly footballers Retirement project in Bristol with the likes of Jason Roberts, Jimmy Bullard, Dele Adebola, David Beckham, Nicky Barmby showing interest in a project that will be ambassadored by Steve Coppell.

Leroy Lita is on the verge of returning to Ashton Gate. The little striker would like to get back to Bristol as he enjoys the nightlife of the city centre. He has tried to replicate his binge drinking and partying whilst playing for Middlesboro, but Newcastle seems to have some big Geordie bouncers that don't seem to let drunken idiots into their night clubs. It is expected this deal will be completed by 10pm this evening to allow Mr Lita a return to Park Street establishments.

Link not working.. what does it say?

14 Aug 2010 00:01:01

Some Bristol Rovers gossip here,

My contact within the Club has confirmed that the chairman won a large accumilator on the first week of the season and has promised to invest the winnings (£4132) in a new signing.

Apparently Trolls has been down to non-league Bath City and saw a promising young player called Scott Murray, and we've had a bid accepted.

he should be available for the next game and is expected to play left back.

With David James apparently seeming unhappy after just two league games at Bristol City, the West Country club are expected to make another shock bid for Fulham's goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer as David James returns to the Premier League for Arsenal. This will start a domino effect of travelling keeper's as Mark Hughes returns to Manchester City for unwanted Shay Given and the Blues sign Gunner Manuel Almunia as Joe Hart's number two.

Just days after Steve Coppell - who was seemingly the main reason for David James to join the Robins - departed, the coup of the summer is about to do the same. James hopes that returning to the Premier League will put himself back in the limelight for England, after being dropped by Fabio Capello for the Hungary friendly midweek. City manager Keith Millen, a defender by trade, claims an experienced goalkeeper that wants to play for the club could help bring together a currently struggling defensive unit.

BREAKING NEWS:

Former bristol city favourite and Barbados international and current player/coach of Brittons Hill United F C has agreed terms to become bristol city's new assistant manager, a 3 year deal has been agreed.A press conferance will be held tuesday morning at 10:30am live only on sky sports news.

I'll start

Next!

Further to this David Beckham has been offered the assistant managers job after Becks expressed an interest in learning the ropes of management under Millan. With the Beckham's looking to invest a significant amount of money into the club, Victoria Beckham will join the board thus becoming her husbands boss.

David was quoted as saying

"Bristol is such a fun place to bring up kids, with Mr Cabot having his circus right in the middle of the City all year round"

And the former Posh Spice says about her prospective new home,

"Anywhere good enough for Harvey Nicks is good enough for me, I'm also looking forward to a bit of haggling in that quaint Old Market Street"

from the website in question:

16 Aug 2010 19:58:16

Bristol City are set to sign Anderson Da Silva and will also try and sign Amdy Faye if he lowers his wage demands.

As well as -

16 Aug 2010 11:00:11

Last week Simon Grayson revealed he wanted two more additions to his squad before the end of the transfer window closes. In the next 48 hours he should have brought in a new player. Any more news on this, or Leeds United please tell me.

Rumours that Marvin Elliott is on his way to Leeds from Bristol City. Not sure of fee but 3 year deal.

and..

16 Aug 2010 22:53:26

JLloyd Samuel to sign for Bristol City from Bolton this week. Youngster Matt Phillips from Wycombe also signing.

and finally...

16 Aug 2010 21:09:31

16 Aug 2010 17:26:42

SOUTHAMPTON F.C NEWS:

Matthew Phillips has changed his mind about joining Saints and is now discussing terms with a unknown Championship side.

SFC_Insider

The "unknown" championship side is Bristol City who have had a bid accepted. Phillips will be signing tomorrow or thursday.

Any truth in any of these? :innocent06:

todays first helping...

17 Aug 2010 08:33:51

Bristol City strong rumours for today. .

Matt Phillips from Wycombe*

Jon Stead* from Ipswich or Jay Simpson from Arsenal

jlloyd Samuel from Bolton

* Fairly certain

And from the sky sports rumour section...

Michael Stride (Bristol City) says...

Francis Jeffers was spotted at Ashton gate today with an official from the club. My mate who works behind the bar in the directors lounge has confirmed he was meeting there today and discussing terms of a possible free transfer

and..

Chris T (Bristol City) says...

Nathan Tyson could be on his way to Bristol city

Archived