IGNORED

Will Milly Dump Clarkson?

rudecowboy

From KM's Post interview: "I want us to pose more of a threat in the final third. For that to happen, we first need that bit of quality, so that when the final ball comes in, we have someone who can finish."

He can't think much of our snail-paced Scottish forward then? (Or Akinde!)

Clarky plays better as a second striker playing in the hole just behind... If we have nobody who can play upfront who can not only score goals but bring clarky into the game then it's obvious that Milly wants to bring in a striker.... Clarky will still be in the team until everyone's fit again

:yes::yes:

After reading previous opinions and reports, i finally got to see Clarkson first hand last Saturday, and from what i saw, he looks miles off Championship standard - he looked a slow, ponderous lump in both of the positions he played. I'd hope whoever we sign will be a distinct improvement on him.

If Clarkson is in the starting XI for the majority of games this season we will be relegated, simple as that.

If we get a new striker in it may be them and clarky.... or if vokes comes back from injury it will be vokes and clarky... Wait till haynes/maynard get better and if clarky still ent scoring each week then u may find he ends up as a last 10 minute striker

Millen in the interview after the Doncaster game appeared pleased with Clarkson's work rate and performance in the position he played him. I don't think he will dump him but he won't play him as an out and out striker to get goals. I think he referred to him as playing in the "David Noble" type of position i.e. Just behind the strikers.

Whatever Millen does will probably be for the best. He's a smart manager.

Im running low on patience for Clarkson to be honest. I gave him a lot of time last season as did many people because he was new to the Championship etc but he still looks way off the pace fitness wise.

If an offer of anything over 300k came in i would take it without a doubt.

Its a shame beacuse he does seem to have good vision and touch but imo theres no excuses for taking over a year to get fully match fit.

I predicted a good season for DC. Having seen both our league games so far, I'm not so sure.

He has been pretty awful in both. You might say he hasn't got much service, but every time he had the ball at Doncaster he lost it. Without fail!

Archived