IGNORED

Football Manager 2011

Taunton_City

demo out today? anyone else got it?

I'm not a big fan of the new interaction with players. Seems very long winded and, they always get pissy with you!

But, City are AWESOME on it, added Franco, Sylvinho, Smithies (on the bench for when Jamo Retires!) Georgie Boyd and Brought in Pacheco and JET on loan...

first game of season against Derby... 5-0! beauty!

Love the new matcvh engine too, fantastic, you can really see where your tactic is working, even without slowing it down.

not sure if I will be City when the game comes out, It''s too easy...

demo out today? anyone else got it?

I'm not a big fan of the new interaction with players. Seems very long winded and, they always get pissy with you!

But, City are AWESOME on it, added Franco, Sylvinho, Smithies (on the bench for when Jamo Retires!) Georgie Boyd and Brought in Pacheco and JET on loan...

first game of season against Derby... 5-0! beauty!

Love the new matcvh engine too, fantastic, you can really see where your tactic is working, even without slowing it down.

not sure if I will be City when the game comes out, It''s too easy...

great news

In relation to my earlier comment on this, how long is Maynard injured for and how are his stats???

been playing the demo today, city are brilliant on it, i only signed shittu(DC) and michael ball (LB) (both free) to bolster the defence and have gone 10 games unbeaten, pitman is a goal machine! 12 goals in 9 games, maynard is injured for 5ish months so should be back around november but his stats look very tasty, 3d view is much improved as are the goal replays, im loving it and looking forward to the full game release on the 5th November.

I love the new interface and the agent system is pretty good so far. Got Shittu to bolster the CB position and JlloydSamuel from Bolton to replace macca.

I play 4-1-2-1-2 as always with me on FM games working well beat Arsenal 1-0 in a friendly and am top of the table thus far.

They pretty much got the stats correct, I feel some are a tad underated imo such as Adomah though.

Love the game though a vast improvement on last year's addition. Instant buy for me.

Are city good for once? I hope so, i remember in 2003 or 3 when the wall had a squad of wonderkids, I think Marv was a particular gem.

I hope Maynard is 5h1t hot with some nice technical stats and on at least -10 or 175 potential with nice hiddens,

I think we owe James a big thankyou if this is correct and City are indeed, for once a bit more good!:chant6ez:

I hope all the determinations are 15 or above, It annoys the shit out of me when they're not, why oh why is Marvs allways 14? I had to sell him and soon as I start :disapointed2se: I dont know when but i can never bring myself to have a player, especially one over 24 who has 14 or less for determination, I ****ing hate it! It simply must be 15 or over!

Even if Messi was available on a free with 14 determination I could not bring myself to sign him and upset my numbers, I cant have odd numbers on wages or bonuses either, 775 win bonus???, are you bloody mental? Surely its 750 or 800?, although 800 is an ugly number, round it off to 1k ffs and if im playing with someone on 2 player and they kindly offer contract to a player i bid on whilst im on the shitter or something, and they offer a contract with 11k wages and 775 win bonus and he signs? well basically we reload FM, I don't give a shit how many games we played we start the game again.

Always nice to look through a thread like this and hear that people think the ratings are pretty good. Had to do a lot of adjustments this year and hopefully reflected the stats of players well (in spite of our start to the season!).

For those wondering as well, I don't get to rate any of our new signings until January, so expect Albert will have a big boost then.

Are city good for once? I hope so, i remember in 2003 or 3 when the wall had a squad of wonderkids, I think Marv was a particular gem.

I hope Maynard is 5h1t hot with some nice technical stats and on at least -10 or 175 potential with nice hiddens,

I think we owe James a big thankyou if this is correct and City are indeed, for once a bit more good!:chant6ez:

I hope all the determinations are 15 or above, It annoys the shit out of me when they're not, why oh why is Marvs allways 14? I had to sell him and soon as I start :disapointed2se: I dont know when but i can never bring myself to have a player, especially one over 24 who has 14 or less for determination, I ****ing hate it! It simply must be 15 or over!

Even if Messi was available on a free with 14 determination I could not bring myself to sign him and upset my numbers, I cant have odd numbers on wages or bonuses either, 775 win bonus???, are you bloody mental? Surely its 750 or 800?, although 800 is an ugly number, round it off to 1k ffs and if im playing with someone on 2 player and they kindly offer contract to a player i bid on whilst im on the shitter or something, and they offer a contract with 11k wages and 775 win bonus and he signs? well basically we reload FM, I don't give a shit how many games we played we start the game again.

Do you suffer from OCD by any chance? :)

They pretty much got the stats correct, I feel some are a tad underated imo such as Adomah though.

Always going to be the case, the Barnet researcher will have done his stats.

James M - On a personal level don't disagree with any of Jon Stead's stats - except his determination and workrate would be 20s so far!

Can't wait for this to come out! I wonder if they've got a new stadium built into the system for us like they have done for Liverpool etc on previous games. Prefer managing lower league teams, more of a challenge and is great when you find gems from abroad for next to nothing, got WSM to League one on last FM, took quite a while!

Right, I've completed the first transfer window now, and I'm pretty slow (I like to do my own scouting and watch teh first 20 games in "full game" mode)

How is everyone doing? who have people invested SL's money in?

My in's and out's are as follows!

In's

José Goncalves - Free

Michael Tonge - Loan VTB

Siphiwe TSHABALALA!!!!!!!!! £1.5M

Garry O'Connor - Free

Keith Fahey - Free

Njogu Demba-Nyren Loan VTB

Out's

Ivan Sproule - £275k

Lee Johnson - £170k

Jamal Campbell-Ryce - £250k

David Clarkson - £250k

net spend around £1.1 million...

Having to tinker with the formation at the moment, taking longer than usual to find the formula... my strikers are pretty poor too, Cannot wait for Nicky to come back... he'll be like a brand new signing!

Goncalves is a brute at left back, and Hunt is playing (pissed me off though, didn't listen to my advice... gone in january.) Rib's seems to be about right on here too, positionally a bit dodgy but generally good.

TSHABALALA. need I say more? (in all honesty if I didn't love the guy so much I'd be regretting spending that much on someone who has a pretty poor assist rate... but... WHO CARES?! I GOT TSHABALALA!)

In love with the game already...

Cant wait to play as city now

whenever a new one comes out i always do a glory game first with someone like Chelsea/Man u just to get the swing of things.

Fed up with my chelsea game now half way through second season so going to boot up my first city game this weekend.

Had a quick look on demo and looked like squad was ok but short of a good playmaker for centre of a 442 (how apt this is pretty true to real life :laugh: - although lil lee has done well recently). Anyone found anyone handy you can sign in for that role yet? dont mind spending a bit of Lansdowns cash as i always like ot have a good playmaker. LJ can be backup.

Looks like lacina traore might be a little out of reach on this game unfortunately. signed him for 900k on last game righ tat start, he became a club legend and ended up scoring winners in two champions league finals for the mighty city! get in!

Also james rodriguez was a god but now at porto he is clearly off the radar to bristol city

Archived