IGNORED

Football Manager 2011

Taunton_City

Just finished first season with city, had a big clearout and finished 2nd so promoted to prem. get in!

pretty much went with this team

Jamo

Hunt Shit*u Goncalves Elokobi

Mendy Marv Arce Rose

Haynes Julio Cruz

Got 20m to spend for 'avoid relegation' at start of first prem season which was awesome. However i have waxed most of it on young starlets when i probably shoul have invested in some more tried and tested players. Opening day defeat at newcastle 3-0 suggests as much.

I did get lacina traore in to play up front though so im hoping the 6ft 8 man monster can bang in enough goals to keep me up!

I've just finished 2013/14 and came -somewhat luckily- 3rd in the league :)!

Straight into the group stages but was seeded fourth so my group is Real Madrid, Juventus and Olympiakos. I have also been in League Cup final twice (winning once) and in the FA cup final once, also losing!

To get to the prem i beat Cardiff 4-1 at Wembley after being 1-0 down at half time, it was so sweet!!!

My team is;

Areaola (£7.5m)

Onuha (free) Demechellis (£6.5m) Wilson (£4.2m) Cole (free)

Walcott (free) Jano (£12.5m) Asamoah (£6m) Piatti (£4m)

Dzeko (free) Sanogo (£10.5m)

The bench includes Lukaku, Skuse and Maynard!

In my first two seasons in the prem i finished 11th and 12th after late runs, so my expectations for 2013/14 were mid table. Somehow i was in 2nd at the start of Jan and a good thing i noticed was the board asked me if i wanted to change expectations possibly leading to more money. This is a really good idea as it enables a push for promotion etc but unfortunately the best i could get was a £400k rise in transfer funds and £25k p/w in wages, and that was for winning the title!

The club has been taken over aswell and we now have a £21m loan secured against the clubs £81m value. When the club was being taken over reports in the papers claimed i was going to be replaced by Bob Bradley - as the new owner had American connections - and he was even present at the league cup final. Luckily though the fans persuaded the new owner to stick with me! The takeover never brought big money and i have been limited to £27m as a max transfer budget so far!

I've just finished 2013/14 and came -somewhat luckily- 3rd in the league :)!

Straight into the group stages but was seeded fourth so my group is Real Madrid, Juventus and Olympiakos. I have also been in League Cup final twice (winning once) and in the FA cup final once, also losing!

To get to the prem i beat Cardiff 4-1 at Wembley after being 1-0 down at half time, it was so sweet!!!

My team is;

Areaola (£7.5m)

Onuha (free) Demechellis (£6.5m) Wilson (£4.2m) Cole (free)

Walcott (free) Jano (£12.5m) Asamoah (£6m) Piatti (£4m)

Dzeko (free) Sanogo (£10.5m)

The bench includes Lukaku, Skuse and Maynard!

In my first two seasons in the prem i finished 11th and 12th after late runs, so my expectations for 2013/14 were mid table. Somehow i was in 2nd at the start of Jan and a good thing i noticed was the board asked me if i wanted to change expectations possibly leading to more money. This is a really good idea as it enables a push for promotion etc but unfortunately the best i could get was a £400k rise in transfer funds and £25k p/w in wages, and that was for winning the title!

The club has been taken over aswell and we now have a £21m loan secured against the clubs £81m value. When the club was being taken over reports in the papers claimed i was going to be replaced by Bob Bradley - as the new owner had American connections - and he was even present at the league cup final. Luckily though the fans persuaded the new owner to stick with me! The takeover never brought big money and i have been limited to £27m as a max transfer budget so far!

Nice update. I am 2/3rds through 2nd season which is my first in the prem. Results have gone pretty well and im just in top half and def not going down.

Ive got Areola in goal but hes still sub for james at minute. he is obviously gonna be class but do his stats go proper world class or just good? i am starting to play him quite a lot now.

Also Ribeiro seems to be pretty good at right back, but i brought in some brazilian right back whos 18 called Romario and he looks like hes gonna be immense.

martin Galvan looks a good prospect up front and ive got connor wickham but not sure he will develop.

Bit worried about a potential takeover now and getting the boot! has there been any stadium progress on your game. On mine whenever i ask for anything from board they tell me not enough cash.

Nice update. I am 2/3rds through 2nd season which is my first in the prem. Results have gone pretty well and im just in top half and def not going down.

Ive got Areola in goal but hes still sub for james at minute. he is obviously gonna be class but do his stats go proper world class or just good? i am starting to play him quite a lot now.

Also Ribeiro seems to be pretty good at right back, but i brought in some brazilian right back whos 18 called Romario and he looks like hes gonna be immense.

martin Galvan looks a good prospect up front and ive got connor wickham but not sure he will develop.

Bit worried about a potential takeover now and getting the boot! has there been any stadium progress on your game. On mine whenever i ask for anything from board they tell me not enough cash.

The stadium has just been expanded by 5250 seats and the board decided to do that off there own back. I had asked about a year before once the takeover had been completed and they said no due to not having enough cash! A bit crap after the new guys had just come in!

Anyway Areola has improved quite a lot and is still growing in all areas. However, i didn't keep James after we got promoted so he has been playing for 3 seasons now. He looks like he will be world class so i would recommend playing him as much as possible...he does seem to always play well too!

I got Connor Wickham too but he never really developed and i can't even sell him for £250k now...he is on loan at Middlesborough in the championship! Sanogo has started this year on fire and has 17 from 12 including 10 in his first 3!

I'm in my second season, got rid of a lot of dead wood at city and brought in some top quality! My squad is...

Gk

Gerkin

Henderson

Sebak(free from Chelsea)

Df

Ribero

Tunchev

Nyatanga

Fontaine(captain)

Callum davenport(free)

Caulker(another loan)

Hunt(he's good in this game)

Lee hills(750k palace)

Holding cm

Brian stock(free donny)

Elliott

Dab gosling(loan)

Joe Bryan( u 18's city player been quality)

Norwood(free from man u)

Attacking midfielders

Alex hleb(free)

Ambrose(2mil palace)

Taraabt(800k qpr)

Pancrate(free)

Adomah(been one of my star players)

St

Maynard

Stead

Pitman

Gudjohnsen(free)

Play a 4-2-3-1 formation, attacking midfielders are all interchangeable and second season only a few games in but top of the league!

I'm in my second season, got rid of a lot of dead wood at city and brought in some top quality! My squad is...

Gk

Gerkin

Henderson

Sebak(free from Chelsea)

Df

Ribero

Tunchev

Nyatanga

Fontaine(captain)

Callum davenport(free)

Caulker(another loan)

Hunt(he's good in this game)

Lee hills(750k palace)

Holding cm

Brian stock(free donny)

Elliott

Dab gosling(loan)

Joe Bryan( u 18's city player been quality)

Norwood(free from man u)

Attacking midfielders

Alex hleb(free)

Ambrose(2mil palace)

Taraabt(800k qpr)

Pancrate(free)

Adomah(been one of my star players)

St

Maynard

Stead

Pitman

Gudjohnsen(free)

Play a 4-2-3-1 formation, attacking midfielders are all interchangeable and second season only a few games in but top of the league!

Adomah was absolutely horrendous on mine, and pitman. so dissapointing. i take it they are good on yours though bradshaw?

Adomah was absolutely horrendous on mine, and pitman. so dissapointing. i take it they are good on yours though bradshaw?

Pitman hasn't been anything special, just the one i chose to keep out of him,Clarkson and Akinde as i thought he had the most potential to come good out of the lot, as i only play one upfront didnt really need to sign anyone else. so far this season hes scored 3 goals in 5 substitutes appearances so not too bad!

Adomah had a good first season scored 12 goals and got 15 assists with an average rating of 7.24! in the second season ive used him more as an impact player as i ahve an abundance of attacking midfield talent in Hleb,Taraabt and Ambrose! he's still done well scoring 9 goals and 5 assists in 4 starts and 8 substitute appearances! scored a hat-trick in 10 minutes off the bench in the last game and so far has an average rating of 7.40!

A quick Question to everyone... does anybody know a good training regime to keep the players fit as mine are always really fatigued when playing lots of games close together!

and also a good goalkeeper, second season, 900k to spend! any suggestions?

cheers

Bradshaw

2nd season, first season 11th despite being in play offs till March. Start of 2nd season is like this season for us, currently 21st in September.

Team

.................... James ......................

Ribeiro .... Caulker.L.... Davenport.F... Fontaine

Adomah ..... Elliott ....... Adam ......... Rose.L.

............ Maynard ....... Stead ...............

Subs:

Henderson

McAllister

Carey

Parry (700k)

Flood (free)

Cox (free)

Vassell (free)

other signing atm is Randall in my side

Won promotion through the playoffs 1st season, Stead scored 31 and Haynes 26. Top goal scoring team in the league. Signed van aarnhoult for 1.3m and also got Kakuta on loan for the season to play in the centre mid, created tones of assists. Got rid of Johnson, Ribiero, Clarkson and Akinde. Good fun so far.......though a season of getting battered in the prem may not be so good :( also you get 17m when you go up for change to the normal poxy 6m you used to get!!!

I finally got bored of my Weston-super-Mare save, So had one last crack at City...

Currently exactly half way through the season, and sit at the very top of the table in a straight tussle with Burnley for the title.

Got a bit of money to get promotion so I took up the challenge! Selling Gavin Williams (Preston-£80k) Lee Johnson(Burnley £170k) and David Clarkson(Stoke £375k) to build up the kitty some more...

So, now the most important part of the season for a club like City... Transfers in!

Jordi Gomez was signed on loan with a veiw to buy for a fee of £250k, and is looking like a good player for me. I don't know if he'll be retained at the end of the season. One thing's for sure, his use of possession is second to none so, a good addition in the middle.

Luke Moore also came in on loan to cover for Nicky Maynard whilst he recovered from his injury. He has grabbed 5 goals or so and played well in patches, But Haynes has taken his place and he will head home in January.

A big signing for me was always going to be at Left Back. José Goncalves has added strength and pace to my back line, and on a free transfer too!!!

Seeing as I didn't want Gerkin or Hendo to be my next number 1, I spent a large chunk of my budget on a young player whom I have always liked on these games. Alex Smithies came in and will get his chances this season I'm sure. (£725k)

Jay Demerit came in to add cover at the back, he rotates with Louis next to Liam Fontaine.

Gary Madine was a big gamble at £525k, but one I think is paying off, He's playing as Jon Steads understudy and is showing promise with every start he gets.

Damiano Zenoni came in on a free to play at right back, Him and Ribs compete for me at right back.

Sean Geddes is my Protegée this time round, Bought for £60k he is a win-win purchase, and has shown a little bit of talent in his few sub appearances.

Formation is a flat 4-4-2, which for me is strange as I usually try something imaginative, but this one is working for sure. Defensively we seem sure, and going forward we have Pace and skill.

I'm now beginning to plan for the Premier League, Not sure on the area's I need to improve most, Though I think much of the budget will be blown on a striker who can keep me up!

good times!

I got bored of my city game, so started one with Bolton got bored of that, so started a fresh one with city... these are my in/outs...

DatePersonFromFee4.7.2010Wood, ChrisWest BromLoan9.7.2010CoelhoFree TransferFree17.7.2010Sutton, JohnMotherwell£250K20.7.2010van der Meyde, AndyFree TransferFree22.7.2010Assulin, GaiFree TransferFree23.7.2010DeMerit, JayFree TransferFree25.7.2010Jordi GómezWiganLoan28.7.2010Mingazzini, NicolaFree TransferFree4.8.2010Alnwick, BenTottenhamFreeTotal£250K

DatePersonToFee1.7.2010Keohane, JimmyNorthamptonLoan1.7.2010Ball, DanielPort ValeLoan1.7.2010Hoban, PatLutonLoan1.7.2010Jackson, MarlonLutonLoan1.7.2010Edwards, JoeSwindonLoan2.7.2010Williams, GavinDerby£110K2.7.2010Sproule, IvanDerby£200K3.7.2010Gerken, DeanCeltic£170K11.7.2010Hunt, NickyMallorca£400K13.7.2010Williams, TomMallorcaFree26.7.2010Clarkson, DavidStoke£250K26.7.2010Campbell-Ryce, JamalParma£275K4.8.2010Cissé, KalifaAJ AuxerreLn Fee £110KTotal£1.5M hoping to gain promotion!

• Admin

Taken me 6 seasons but finally landed that Premier League crown for the City.....and as a bonus beat Inter Milan in the CL final too :)

Year 1: 4th in Championship, lost play-off final 1-0 to Cardiff :( .....but never mind, I'd bought a young striker called Vaclav Kadlec who with a year's experience under his belt would surely fire me to promotion in my second season?

Year 2: 1st in Championship :)

Year 3: 7th in Premier League, League Cup Finalists, FA Cup Semi-Finalists

Year 4: 5th in Premier League, League Cup Semi-Finalists

Year 5: 4th in Premier League, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, Europa League Quarter Finalists

Year 6: 1st in Premier League, League Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Semi-Finalists

Still can't really get any really good players to join me though so have relied on buying good youngsters and making them into good players. I was so frustrated that after year 5 I had actually spent a shed load of money and improved my points total by 1 measley point & still no really good players were interested in joining me!

Didn't matter though as my players had clearly matured enough to win nearly everything in year 6. We actually won 30 out of our 38 Prem games and only lost to Arsenal on pens. Strangely though, despite the media merely predicting me to finish 7th & not to even trouble anyone in the CL I didn't even get in the top 3 for Manager of the Year! Strange.

In the process of doing the January update now, if anyone has anything specifically they'd like me to remember to include? Should be adding many of the youths to have featured prominently this season - namely Scott Wilson. Think you'll find in general we'll be a bit worse in this update, at the very least the Consistency attribute for a few of the players will be reduced!

Albert/Stead/Caulker/Robeiro amongst those to be in line for a bit of an increase.

Hunt to be demolished to the scrap heap.

When does the actual update come out mate? (just wondering if new signings will be added and maybe a stadium transfer in the future could be added?)

Caulker needs to be made a lot better on there when you consider his stats up to someone like Carey or tangs.

Other then that it sounds like your on the case

I think it usually comes out the first week of February so all transfers, etc. will be in.

The stadium situation is one we're on top of but it won't get put in the game until it can all go ahead in real life!!

Agree with Caulker as well, absolutely a class above.

Pitman's in line for a bit of a bump, not a great one yet (increased his potential, though) - remember he's only scored 8 goals this season, and those have only come in his last 8 games, let's see what he can do over the rest of the season before we start talking about championship class (though he's on his way!)

If you build it they will come!

After 9 seasons the board have finally agreed to build a new 45,500 'Brisol City Stadium'. They built Ashton Gate up to 29,000 after about 4 years but couldnt go any bigger and constantly turned down my requests to build new one even though it was sold out every week.

Managed to win the League Cup , FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League quadruple in season 8, then retained all four and added the World Club Championship in Season 9. I was hoping they would build some kind of 120,000 New 'Nou Camp' but unfortunately looks like this will have to do.

Ive got to play another season while its built, i expect once im in i will find i cant fill it now :laugh:

anyone else managed to get it built?

If you build it they will come!

After 9 seasons the board have finally agreed to build a new 45,500 'Brisol City Stadium'. They built Ashton Gate up to 29,000 after about 4 years but couldnt go any bigger and constantly turned down my requests to build new one even though it was sold out every week.

Managed to win the League Cup , FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League quadruple in season 8, then retained all four and added the World Club Championship in Season 9. I was hoping they would build some kind of 120,000 New 'Nou Camp' but unfortunately looks like this will have to do.

Ive got to play another season while its built, i expect once im in i will find i cant fill it now :laugh:

anyone else managed to get it built?

i got a 49,000 "Bristol City Stadium" in July 2016.

Champions League winners 2014

Premier League winners 2014 and 2016

Euro Cup winners 2013 and 2016

FA CUP 2013,2014 and 2016

League Cup 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016

European Super Cup 2014 & 2016

Club World Champions 2014

Community Shield 2014 & 2016

Nearly all of my squad is made up of players created by the game

Players in my regular first team that are "real"

Sergio Romero, Mateo Mucacchio, Erik Peters, Jack Rodwell, Phillip Lahm (he's old), Jordan Henderson, Lee Cattermole, Mark Albrighton, Junion Stanilas, Connor Wickham.

i got a 49,000 "Bristol City Stadium" in July 2016.

Champions League winners 2014

Premier League winners 2014 and 2016

Euro Cup winners 2013 and 2016

FA CUP 2013,2014 and 2016

League Cup 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2016

European Super Cup 2014 & 2016

Club World Champions 2014

Community Shield 2014 & 2016

Nearly all of my squad is made up of players created by the game

Players in my regular first team that are "real"

Sergio Romero, Mateo Mucacchio, Erik Peters, Jack Rodwell, Phillip Lahm (he's old), Jordan Henderson, Lee Cattermole, Mark Albrighton, Junion Stanilas, Connor Wickham.

awesome. although im 10 seasons in now most of my team are still real as i like buying younger players at the start. got a couple of stupid faced regenerated players though

first 11 is

-----------babacar ----sanogo------------

kakuta----sahin --------agyei-------llajic

digne------sakho------wilson------aurier

--------------------areola---------------------

awesome. although im 10 seasons in now most of my team are still real as i like buying younger players at the start. got a couple of stupid faced regenerated players though

first 11 is

-----------babacar ----sanogo------------

kakuta----sahin --------agyei-------llajic

digne------sakho------wilson------aurier

--------------------areola---------------------

dont be insulting the stupid faced regenerated players. Granted they are stupid faced regenerated players but they're the reason why my team is so successful.

:dancing2:

Pitman's in line for a bit of a bump, not a great one yet (increased his potential, though) - remember he's only scored 8 goals this season, and those have only come in his last 8 games, let's see what he can do over the rest of the season before we start talking about championship class (though he's on his way!)

Only 8?

That equates to 16 a season, which surely proves Championship class?

Archived