IGNORED

Andrew Keogh

hippy273

Out of all the strikers mentioned recently, i think he'd be the best fit to compliment what we've got already (i.e. alongside Maynard). The guy works his socks off every time i see him play.

Fingers crossed Wolves decide not to foot his wages bill for the season, thus ruling out a move to C*rdiff.

Have wolves signed another striker?

I cannot see this happening if they haven't because it would leave them with only three strikers at the club after the sales of iwelumo, mierhoffer and the loaning to us of vokes. If we were to get keogh(I would love him here by the way, would suit clarkson although I think we still need a goalscorer) then I think I'm right in saying it leaves them with Doyle, fletcher and Blake. They might be happy with just three I suppose with recall options on both loan players but dosent seem a lot to me. Also it would leave them without the industrious type forward in there squad thus restricting the tactics they could deploy.

Would much prefer Keogh to Stead (although he would be a good addition) as imo Stead seems to be a money grabbing tart and could have the potential to be one of these who just wants to pick up the pay packet rather than fight for the cause (if we werent good enough for him the 1st time round we wont be good enough for him 2nd....whats changed in a couple of weeks??). Also if we could get Keogh back scoring again he could be devastating, think but I may be wrong he scored more goals than Sharp in that season with scunny! (around 40 in all competitions I think).

Would much prefer Keogh to Stead (although he would be a good addition) as imo Stead seems to be a money grabbing tart and could have the potential to be one of these who just wants to pick up the pay packet rather than fight for the cause (if we werent good enough for him the 1st time round we wont be good enough for him 2nd....whats changed in a couple of weeks??). Also if we could get Keogh back scoring again he could be devastating, think but I may be wrong he scored more goals than Sharp in that season with scunny! (around 40 in all competitions I think).

Your definately wrong.

I guess mysterious Malaysian man is just pumping ridiculous amounts of money into the club... the question is why...

If he was pumping ridiculous amounts of money into the club, why have they not been able to pay Motherwell and Sunderland the transfer fees they're owed? My guess is that they're filling the team with loan players who's wages will be paid for by the sale of Wittingham, Chopra, McCormack and Rae (and possibly Bothroyd, Matthews, Burke?) in one more final roll of the dice (whats this, they're 6th? 7th?!) to get to the Premier League. If they do it, they'll make a mockery of the loan market and this whole division

If he was pumping ridiculous amounts of money into the club, why have they not been able to pay Motherwell and Sunderland the transfer fees they're owed? My guess is that they're filling the team with loan players who's wages will be paid for by the sale of Wittingham, Chopra, McCormack and Rae (and possibly Bothroyd, Matthews, Burke?) in one more final roll of the dice (whats this, they're 6th? 7th?!) to get to the Premier League. If they do it, they'll make a mockery of the loan market and this whole division

Sorry chaps but you are barking up the wrong tree in trying to sniff out a story here, and quite how signing a Premier League reserve striker on loan makes a mockery of the Championship is beyond me. It was ever thus, that such deals were made.

As I said on here before, it should have been the case that CCFC paid Motherwell before signing Chopra, but I think that now the dust has settled a bit, most people can see that the Motherwell chairman was in a small part trying to grab the limelight by piggy backing onto the story. I understand that the payment schedule to Motherwell was well established and agreed.

There are strong rumours that Whittingham may go, but I'd be surprised. I can't see Chopra, Bothroyd, Matthews or Burke going anywhere.

Anyway, all of this needs to be seen in the context of Cardiff's city's owners, who are investing in the club. It is no different to any other club.

I'd also highlight that there is something honourable about Cardiff's new board paying their debts, albeit slowly, rather than taking the administration option (admittedly with a 10pt reduction). There is nothing honourable whatsoever in administration, and if you've ever been owed anything by a company that has gone into admin you'll know why.

I can appreciate the bitterness towards CCFC at the moment, especially from our sporting rivals like Bristol City, but the mistakes of the past under previous chairman were not of the current boards doing. It is far better for all involved for Cardiff to pay their debts this way.

With all the news signings being made by BRistol City and Cardiff City, it's certainly making me look forward to the 16th October. Hopefully your lot will bring a few more fans this time too!

:)

Archived