IGNORED

David James

boltonred

What?! It wasn't half-hearted at all, he guessed the wrong way, and when he saw the ball fly in the opposing corner he didn't make a massive effort to stop air getting in the bottom left-hand corner of the net. Most keepers do that when they guess the wrong way, you're just looking for faults now.

Perhaps your right but his body language was very poor yesterday IMO, perhaps that is the way he is.

BCAGFC

KM and SW need to rally around James and educate the defence on how to recieve the short ball from the keeper. Ivan had his running boots on yesterday had Hunt made himself availible he had the option to either pass down the line or a short pass forward to LJ. Both these players were having good games but we don't have an airielly dominant midfielder or striker so DJ pumping it up wasgoing to see the ball heading back in his direction. For what it's worth I can see a lot of positives despite not having won a game yet.

Andy Gray kicked it as hard as he could from 3 yards out. Not quite sure how you expected James to save it...

Exactly! I don't understand why people are saying he looked dis-interested. He was constantly trying to organise the defence and was always looking to throw the ball out, screaming for runners. He was also very angry and frustrated when the penalty was conceded, all the signs of a player that very much wants to win.

I fully expect James is frustrated like the rest of us. He wants to win every game and so far we have not won a single competitive match yet so course its frustrating for him. Does not help by the fact that we seem to enjoy giving away pens for fun at the moment. We need Carey back. He will stick it out for the season with us, and then review the situation.

Have to say I agree every time James got the ball he was looking for a short option but no-one provided one, he certainly looked frustrated. One of Orrs great strengths was that he would always make himself available to the keeper for a throw.

Archived