IGNORED

David James

boltonred

I know there was a thread after the millwall game regarding james kicking out rather than rolling.

I watched my first game of the season today and believe me James was more than willing to roll out to our defence.

At one point he had his arms out trying to speak to out-of-sorts hunt to receive the ball and hunt just shrugged his shoulders and put his head down as if to say I dont want it !!!

The defence needs sorting and quick otherwise I see a lot of goals conceded this season whoever is in goal

I was happy with Bert today and Sproule and also Johnson looks like a different player

I know there was a thread after the millwall game regarding james kicking out rather than rolling.

I watched my first game of the season today and believe me James was more than willing to roll out to our defence.

At one point he had his arms out trying to speak to out-of-sorts hunt to receive the ball and hunt just shrugged his shoulders and put his head down as if to say I dont want it !!!

The defence needs sorting and quick otherwise I see a lot of goals conceded this season whoever is in goal

I was happy with Bert today and Sproule and also Johnson looks like a different player

James signalled to KM AND SW aswell asking questions and shrugging his shoulders when trying to roll the ball out.

Sproule ran his socks off, Hunt was poor, didnt want the ball at all. Can Ribeiro play RB?

James

Ribs Carey Stewart Fonts

Haynes Cisse Elliott Sproule

Stead Pitman

James signalled to KM AND SW aswell asking questions and shrugging his shoulders when trying to roll the ball out.

Sproule ran his socks off, Hunt was poor, didnt want the ball at all. Can Ribeiro play RB?

James

Ribs Carey Stewart Fonts

Stead Pitman

No Adomah?

James

Ribs Carey Stewart Fonts

Stead Pitman

To be honest i think with the defence in such a fragile state at the moment they were worried about losing the ball and giving it straight to Barnsley, with James playing in the top flight and International level for so long he could probably give the ball to a defender who would run the entire length of the pitch and cross it !!

But we haven't got Ashley Cole or anyway like this, maybe David James needs to realise this

i was watching james today, i think he was getting frustrated every time he got the ball he was looking to release it quickly however hunt regularly waved his hands and ran in the other direction !!!!!same with macca at one point james was trying to see how high he could kick the ball as he had no other options ,

when i watched him play for pompey he was lively, commanding his box today however he just seemed to have his head down walking around his box, not surprising with a poor back four infront of him

i was watching james today, i think he was getting frustrated every time he got the ball he was looking to release it quickly however hunt regularly waved his hands and ran in the other direction !!!!!same with macca at one point james was

It's not the Premier League or England! A couple of times he did get to roll it Fontaine fluffed it.. Needs to get control of his defence somehow.

On another note did like his punches from corners today - ain't seen any real Gerken-esque "world class" saves yet tho!

At one point today he had his head in his hands. Clearly dismayed at some of the players and frustrated beyond belief I would say.

Used to playing at a much higher level and i would be very surprised if he is not very vocal in the dressing room and also back with Millen and our new Assisatant Manager.

I would even go as far to say that soem players should be concerned if they don't buck up because unless the management is totally mad, they are going to listen and learn from David James.

First to be worried in Hunt!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely shocking for a so called Premier League player. Ribiero should walk in to the team

You can see the difference in Prem and Championship quality with James. As soon as he gets the ball he is looking to get an attack going yet our players wander very slowly back to their position and any chance for DJ to get rid of it quickly is gone.

The bloke in front of me was shouting and balling at him to kick the ball up and saying you are not the manager you're a *****ing goalie. I just laughed to myself, how this prat knows more about football than a player who has spent years playing in the prem and playing for his country!!

You can see the difference in Prem and Championship quality with James. As soon as he gets the ball he is looking to get an attack going yet our players wander very slowly back to their position and any chance for DJ to get rid of it quickly is gone.

Agree totally. Noticed it all game but one time midway through the second half when Barnsley had missed a good chance, James was going mad at the defence but they just strolled towards the half way line looking like they were discussing what was for tea! Need to get a grip on this. However overall it was an entertaining game. Johnson looks a different player without the pressure on him. Still feel when all players are fit and if the new signings happen we should be around the play offs at the end of the season.

James was going mad at the defence but they just strolled towards the half way line looking like they were discussing what was for tea!

Fascinating watching James in the second half from a great vantage point level with the penalty box - he hardly stopped shouting all half. He was as frustrated as me that no one looked at him when he had the ball - and this is a bloke who can throw a ball as far as many of us can welly one.

Absolutely zero point having the likes of the vertically challenged Sproule, Johnson, JCR heading upfield to receive the big punt when surely one of them could be spared to sprint wide to receive the throw....

Yes, my thoughts too. Every time he got the ball, he was looking for a short rollout but no-one was interested and he ended up reluctantly booting it upfield. Then, when Fontaine accepted his rollout, he got caught in possession! I think James had a very frustrating afternoon and has tasted a bit of the reality Championship football.

I wonder how long he'll put up with it in order to be close to his home?

i was watching james today, i think he was getting frustrated every time he got the ball he was looking to release it quickly however hunt regularly waved his hands and ran in the other direction !!!!!same with macca at one point james was trying to see how high he could kick the ball as he had no other options ,

when i watched him play for pompey he was lively, commanding his box today however he just seemed to have his head down walking around his box, not surprising with a poor back four infront of him

I do worry that he will be gone soon and with all that has gone on, who could blame him? I certainly can't see him taking up the option of next season.

It's not the Premier League or England! A couple of times he did get to roll it Fontaine fluffed it.. Needs to get control of his defence somehow.

On another note did like his punches from corners today - ain't seen any real Gerken-esque "world class" saves yet tho!

There was one in the second half against Millwall.

Didn't notice this at the game but after seeing the Barnsley goals for a 2nd time, James made a half-hearted attempt to save the penalty and could possibly have done better with their 2nd.

Think DJ is finding it hard in the lower division as did Sol Campbell at Notts County.

BCAGFC

You could tell how frustrated he was having to lump it out everytime. Hopefully he can help our defence to learn to come and colect the ball more, and actually look to play rather than just boot it anywhere.

Hope you are right but frankly i think our back line, right now, is a busted flush.

Root and branch, been saying it for months, just so puzzled it seems to be somewhat of an oversight with the remarks coming from the management. I cannot remember the last time i have been so critical on one issue for so long. I hope having Carey back will add a much needed football brain in the back line to compliment James who clearly is the only one using his at the moment.

Didn't notice this at the game but after seeing the Barnsley goals for a 2nd time, James made a half-hearted attempt to save the penalty and could possibly have done better with their 2nd.

Think DJ is finding it hard in the lower division as did Sol Campbell at Notts County.

BCAGFC

What?! It wasn't half-hearted at all, he guessed the wrong way, and when he saw the ball fly in the opposing corner he didn't make a massive effort to stop air getting in the bottom left-hand corner of the net. Most keepers do that when they guess the wrong way, you're just looking for faults now.

Archived