IGNORED

Dolman Bar Pre-match

talksense

Tried covering this before with the club and this forum as it can get quite uncomfortable in there.

I am not clever enough to post the club's reply on here but it went something like this.

'If you feel a bit hot and want the Air Con on just ask one of the barstaff to put it on'

I have done so on about 6 occassions and the barstaff/manager do put it on if asked. Although by the time it has got that srtuffy and uncomfortable the benefit of the Air Con system is a bit late.

Fair enough, but why not just set it to do it's job when you have loads of fans in there anyway! It's not rocket science is it, you know well in advance when loads of people are going to be in the facility!

Crazy, it surely cannot be a money saving exercise when you think how much we all spend on season tickets. We must be entitled to the basic comfort that the Air Con system offers.

Maybe if they get people a bit hot and sweaty they think they will make a bit more on the fluids taken. On the flip side I thought it was quite quiet in there today, so maybe people will go elsewhere where the ale and comfort is better.

Tried covering this before with the club and this forum as it can get quite uncomfortable in there.

I am not clever enough to post the club's reply on here but it went something like this.

'If you feel a bit hot and want the Air Con on just ask one of the barstaff to put it on'

I have done so on about 6 occassions and the barstaff/manager do put it on if asked. Although by the time it has got that srtuffy and uncomfortable the benefit of the Air Con system is a bit late.

Fair enough, but why not just set it to do it's job when you have loads of fans in there anyway! It's not rocket science is it, you know well in advance when loads of people are going to be in the facility!

Crazy, it surely cannot be a money saving exercise when you think how much we all spend on season tickets. We must be entitled to the basic comfort that the Air Con system offers.

Maybe if they get people a bit hot and sweaty they think they will make a bit more on the fluids taken. On the flip side I thought it was quite quiet in there today, so maybe people will go elsewhere where the ale and comfort is better.

Thanks for your reply - I have emailed City enquiries direct and hopefully I will get a reasonable response. That is it shouldn't be necessary to ask for it on as it should come on automatically when it gets to a certain temperature - if only for the legalities of the working temperature for staff.

Thanks for your reply - I have emailed City enquiries direct and hopefully I will get a reasonable response. That is it shouldn't be necessary to ask for it on as it should come on automatically when it gets to a certain temperature - if only for the legalities of the working temperature for staff.

I told you - its broken.

When the SC had its bar in what is now the Legends bar the air con did not work in the Dolman and the club told us that it was prohibitively expensive to fix it and then run it in such a vast area. That was about 4 seasons ago. I doubt whether the club has spend money on it since especially in the current financial state and with the liklihood of a new stadium not too far away.

I told you - its broken.

When the SC had its bar in what is now the Legends bar the air con did not work in the Dolman and the club told us that it was prohibitively expensive to fix it and then run it in such a vast area. That was about 4 seasons ago. I doubt whether the club has spend money on it since especially in the current financial state and with the liklihood of a new stadium not too far away.

If you read my post you would understand that the air con does work when it is turned on.

I went to the Wedding fair at Ashton Gate on Sunday. The air con in the hall was definitely on and working well to the extent that I had to put my jumper on.

Well it just proves that your regular season ticket holder is not considered worthy of the same treatment

Just takes the p!ss.

Speaking of the Dolman hall pre-match, before the Millwall game there were lots of chairs (even some chairs left in a stack) but before last week's game there were far, far less chairs in the hall. I don't necessary mind standing up, but having just forked out for a programme (+ Evening Post paper), a pint & more times than not a pasty I wouldn't mind a seat to chill. The young girls in the food counter are useless (could not work the till), too. No manners between them. Had a dodgy, uncooked pasty at the Millwall game.

I reckon less people are going in there now, especially at £3.20 a pint, so reckon the club are stupidly missing out somehow...

Archived