IGNORED

Players Cars

Drew Peacock

Seriously, David James is the owner of the weird purple van. He has a yellow reliant robin a la only fools and horses as well!

He doesn't own the reliant robin. It was a forfit for the worst trainer at portsmouth. Good idea to bring top stars back down to earth,

Still hundreds of ££'s a month and an even bigger waste of money as obviously they don't own the vehicles

what exactly is your point?

Mercs are largely mass produced 5hit boxes made in south Africa, Spain or Hungary these days with high residuals so the monthly lease payment on average for a mid range kraut box is no more than 4 to 500

quid a month. That's about 5% of an average players take home pay. Peanuts in other words.

What about the Corsa? :laugh::icecream:

Pretty sure that's Albert's - saw him driving something Corsa sized to the Millwall game.

On a topic related to the players' cars (only because he was standing near them at the time), I would just like to say how good Nicky Maynard was with fans after the game, signing autographs and having his picture taken. Got a great one of my lad with him. Nicky seems a nice down to earth bloke, with no big time Charlie attitude.

as we're on the subject....i noticed today that Akinde strolled in in a 59 reg mercedes, whereas last year i saw him coming in in a corsa! Pay rise?

The club have a deal with the local dealer where all staff can get Merc's on lease for about the same price it would cost the man on the street to get a lesser car, it's probably only costing him around £200 per month, when your earning 2k a week, it's nothing

Archived