IGNORED

Jamie Mcombe

skinner05

Jesus H Christ

Can you take him back please?

How the hell did he cut it for so long in the Championship. He is so slow, shockingly bad with the ball at his feet and not exactly brilliant in the air given his size.

:disapointed2se:

Wait for his overhead kick

Gotta laugh..

He wow'd you with his cryuff turn party trick yet? Normally followed by losing the ball or failing to hoof it someplace.

Surprised by the bit about not being good in the air, always personally thought his positives were his strength and heading

Gotta laugh..

He wow'd you with his cryuff turn party trick yet? Normally followed by losing the ball or failing to hoof it someplace.

Surprised by the bit about not being good in the air, always personally thought his positives were his strength and heading

Last week at home to Tranmere, they came and parked the bus and forced our play through Mcombe knowing how useless he is on the ball. My god it was cringeworthy watching him trying to carry the ball out of defence and pick a pass. He hit 3 attempted hoofs in a row straight in to their forward.

He was killed for pace today by the sound of things. I'm sure this will be shown on the highlights on bbc

Last week at home to Tranmere, they came and parked the bus and forced our play through Mcombe knowing how useless he is on the ball. My god it was cringeworthy watching him trying to carry the ball out of defence and pick a pass. He hit 3 attempted hoofs in a row straight in to their forward.

He was killed for pace today by the sound of things. I'm sure this will be shown on the highlights on bbc

McCombe will never be able to pass or carry the ball forward.

he is, however a very good defender and very useful in both boxe.

Also bear in mind - the opposition manager today, signed him for us and would know his weaknesses and how to expose him

Jesus H Christ

How the hell did he cut it for so long in the Championship. He is so slow, shockingly bad with the ball at his feet and not exactly brilliant in the air given his size.

:rofl2br:... That is all.

Jesus H Christ

you forgot to mention he has no Left foot and the turning circle of a cross channel Ferry.....

Jesus H Christ

You want to see the defence that he couldn't get in at Ashton Gate! :blink:

He was excellent in our promotion from League One and one of our key players, so this is slightly surprising. Perhaps he's suffering from a lack of game time, hope he can improve and become a hero for someone else.

He was also a key player in our first season in the Championship, and not at all bad in the second.

His absence in the play off final due to falling ill overnight was a massive blow to our chances against Hull.

Last season his form and confidence suffered through playing through an injury for which he eventually needed an operation.

People have short memories................. McCombe is an excellent defender at League 1 level, and was also superb for City many times in the Championship.

Good luck to him .........and Huddersfield fan, give him time, you've got yourselves a very sound player in McCombe.

He was also a key player in our first season in the Championship, and not at all bad in the second.

His absence in the play off final due to falling ill overnight was a massive blow to our chances against Hull.

Last season his form and confidence suffered through playing through an injury for which he eventually needed an operation.

People have short memories................. McCombe is an excellent defender at League 1 level, and was also superb for City many times in the Championship.

Good luck to him .........and Huddersfield fan, give him time, you've got yourselves a very sound player in McCombe.

Got to second this. We used him numerous times upfront when we were desperately seeking a goal in injury time, won us quite a few points. But I'd agree he's not really Championship standard but excellent in league 1.

Also he was never fit at the start of any season with us. He suffered from shin spints I believe which are aggrivated by hard ground at this time of year. Although after todays rain that may not be a problem! A lovely bloke and quite popular here. I'm sure he will settle and do well.

Have to agree with Riaz and RedM here. He was my (and most other folk's) player of the season in our promotion year.

The big man's very much a confidence player however and he was never quite the same after he came back from his last lengthy injury - Johnson quite rightly dropped him from automatic selection after a howler of a miskick gifted the opposition a goal.

If his confidence returns, I reckon he can do a very good job for Huddersfield.

Jesus H Christ

He didn't cut it in the Championship. Thats why we got rid. Great at L1 level on he settles in though.

Jesus H Christ

He is a fantastic centre half at League One and you are lucky to have him, if you don't see that now, you will soon.

Jamie was very good at League 1 level and had an exceptional first season in the Championship. In fact his illness was a major factor in loosing to Hull.

Sometimes people start slow and I think the booboys here have helped in undermining his confidence...Give it time and the boy will show how good he can be!

Archived