IGNORED

Does James Make Defence Nervous?

dezgimed

One theory as to why defence is so lame at the moment.

There will be alot of pressure on the lads with James behind them. Probably enough to make them jittery, worried about making mistakes etc.

Looking at the highlights, James absolutely mullered Hunt at one stage, ''pi55 off...F this..F that''...thats a hell of a barrage to take from such a high profile name. Prob not good for confidence.

Hunt tho should be used to it, the other lads,maybe not.

I know what you mean...But i wouldnt say it makes them nervous, i'd say it makes them think "James is in goal, he'll save it, or he'll do it". Perhaps makes them lazy?

Bring back carey to add some brains and quality to defence. Put Ribiero at right back. Personally, I'd go for Stewart alongside Carey and then left back, that's the difficult one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go for Fontaine in the absence of a new signing.

Bring back carey to add some brains and quality to defence. Put Ribiero at right back. Personally, I'd go for Stewart alongside Carey and then left back, that's the difficult

one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for Carey to come back, cant see him and Stewart playing together though as both are right sided centre halves. Both our other centre halves Nyatanga and Fontaine are left sided.

There will be alot of pressure on the lads with James behind them. Probably enough to make them jittery, worried about making mistakes etc.

Looking at the highlights, James absolutely mullered Hunt at one stage, ''pi55 off...F this..F that''...thats a hell of a barrage to take from such a high profile name. Prob not good for confidence.

Glad you started this thread as I was thinking the same.

James is such an experienced footballer he knows what should be happening out there and he's probably a bit bemused why it's not? He should realise just what experience he does have and together with KM & SW work with the entire defence to get some understanding and confidence back into a very nervous defence. Then he could have a bit of an easier life and not get back ache every week picking the ball out of the net!

Diddums! Thats why our defence is so bad, the poor little souls are wilting under pressure. Come on thats a p*ss poor excuse. Show some mental strenth, pull your socks up and show some personal responsibility to the team. Lets not make weak excuses for them, the simple fact is their own displays have been shocking and they all need to improve.

david james has to exept that he"s dropped down a division, and that the players are not yet on the same wavelengh as him, i could see him getting frustrated when he wanted to throw the ball out but the fullbacks wernt ready,so he just had to boot the ball up field, but he has to to say something in training and get the players to think quicker. but its fairly obvious after the start of this season that we need some new fullbacks, hunt and mcallister are far to slow in mind and body.

One of the main problems has been so far is that James recovers very quickly from catching corners/shots etc and likes to throw it out quickly and get the team on the attack... so far the defence has just been running up to the half-way line and making him kick it (Which isn't his strong point).

James isn't afraid to yell at the defence if they're woeful, and they have been at times this season. James behind them will only in the end, strengthern the line.

James will not make the defence nervous, if anything he'll encourage them. These are professional footballers playing in a very competitive, and fairly high standard league, they are not children. This is a poor excuse and not one of relevance imo, I think many are over-analysing the situation, the fact of the matter is we are not defending very well, and we must improve, especially out wide.

Ridiculous suggestion. Cardiff players must have been sh*tting themselves with nerves playing with Bellamy... oh no wait it was 4 nil. As a defender you want a keeper behind you who knows what he's doing and constantly talks... whether that means telling you you're gods gift when you get a toe in or giving you a b*llocking! The defence has deserved a talking to the last two home games, particularly the full backs. It's been said before that neither Hunt nor Jamie Cac show for the ball and neither have the pace to track back if the opposition are on a quick break, let alone cover the centre halfs. Hunt is rusty with little game time. On what I've seen so far I'd prefer Orr but would rather reserve judgement til after 20 games. Macca on the other hand I'm just praying for a nasty injury. Praying for Carey to be fit and Fonts to left back. The only person who should be negatively affected by James is Gerken, and if he's got any sense he'll work doubly hard to learn all he can from a world class keeper!

I stated ina nother post that James is like Wilkshire when he was with us, his football brain is just to quick for some, in fact on Saturday the player who was often there waiting for the throw out was LJ. But the wingers have got to be made to stay out on the wing and run into the space, James was lookign for that all game, no wonder he gives them a constant ear bashing. They will learn

Ridiculous suggestion. Cardiff players must have been sh*tting themselves with nerves playing with Bellamy... oh no wait it was 4 nil. As a defender you want a keeper behind you who knows what he's doing and constantly talks... whether that means telling you you're gods gift when you get a toe in or giving you a b*llocking! The defence has deserved a talking to the last two home games, particularly the full backs. It's been said before that neither Hunt nor Jamie Cac show for the ball and neither have the pace to track back if the opposition are on a quick break, let alone cover the centre halfs. Hunt is rusty with little game time. On what I've seen so far I'd prefer Orr but would rather reserve judgement til after 20 games. Macca on the other hand I'm just praying for a nasty injury. Praying for Carey to be fit and Fonts to left back. The only person who should be negatively affected by James is Gerken, and if he's got any sense he'll work doubly hard to learn all he can from a world class keeper!

I know what you mean but that is harsh. If he continues in the team it means that other people cannot see what a liability he is at the moment. That will not be his fault and IMO will be a bigger concern than him actually playing shit. I hope that the lack of a LB signing does not indicate that this will be the case. Hopefully Millen has another option in mind for the immediate future.

If you are a division two defender (old money) playing with someone of Davids experience and he says what you have reported then ....... LISTEN UP!

Archived