IGNORED

Akinde To Bournemouth As Part Of Pittman Deal?

redredrobin5

Mitchell: Pitman cash to be spent wisely

AFC Bournemouth Chairman Eddie Mitchell has revealed that the cash the Cherries will receive for striker Brett Pitman will be spent wisely. <BR itxtvisited=1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Pitman is expected to complete his transfer to Championship side Bristol City today (Monday).<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">The forward will travel to Bristol to complete a medical before the transfer is made official.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Reports in the Bristol area claim the deal is worth around £800,000, while rumours on the AFCB Vital forum suggest John Akinde could be set to move to Dean Court as part of the deal.<BR itxtvisited="1">

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=210373#ixzz0xPvjJbWu

Itb would be sad to see Akinde go because he is our only real strong powerful player up front (target man type of player)nhe has also progressed so much but i think pitman if goes through will be a good signing and an ionvestment as he is only 22 also i think we need to offload a striker otherwise we cud well have

Maynard,Pitman,haynes,jackson,clarkson,stead,akinde,vokes and Styvar

I think we can expect to 2 see 1 of Clarkson akinde jackson or styvar to leave either on loan or perminently

Akinde is 19 mate, if he carries on progressing lik he is, by the time he's 22 he'll be a good player.

Im being honest now in saying that i'd rather Clarkson went as part of the deal, but he wont drop down that far and they wont afford his wages.

Much rather keep Ainde at City over Clarkson.

Akinde is 19 mate, if he carries on progressing lik he is, by the time he's 22 he'll be a good player.

Im being honest now in saying that i'd rather Clarkson went as part of the deal, but he wont drop down that far and they wont afford his wages.

i ment thAT PITMAN is 22 not akinde

Yes I agree, hopefully Akinde is just being loaned, too much potential to be disposed off at his age.

Akinde isn't 19, he's 21.

Considering Pitman's experience and the fact he's not much more than a year older than Akinde if i had to choose one it would be Pitman everyday.

I do think we could do with Akinde due to the different style of player he is but a year in league 1 could give him the game time a 21 year old needs.

Mitchell: Pitman cash to be spent wisely

AFC Bournemouth Chairman Eddie Mitchell has revealed that the cash the Cherries will receive for striker Brett Pitman will be spent wisely. <BR itxtvisited=1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Pitman is expected to complete his transfer to Championship side Bristol City today (Monday).<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">The forward will travel to Bristol to complete a medical before the transfer is made official.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Reports in the Bristol area claim the deal is worth around £800,000, while rumours on the AFCB Vital forum suggest John Akinde could be set to move to Dean Court as part of the deal.<BR itxtvisited="1">

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=210373#ixzz0xPvjJbWu

Resonable. Must be hard for Bournemouth getting rid of their best foward. But Akinde will score a few goals i reakon!

I think if we could send Akinde and Jackson out on season long loans and get rid of Styvar to anywhere, that would be a good result. Having bought 2 strikers(:fingerscrossed: ) and with Maynard and Haynes to come back, it seems a bit stupid to keep them around. If Akinde goes to Bournemouth on loan i think that'd be good for all concerned

It's been inevitable that AFCB would lose Pitman, it's only been a matter of who would buy him and for how much. The proposed Blackpool deal was a nonsense - too little money, and Brett isn't ready for the Premier League yet. I think the move to you is a good one, and I'm confident that he could have an immediate impact. You'll be delighted to know that he's unlikely to have the same effect as our last export to you - Steve Jones!

So what's Akinde like?

Itb would be sad to see Akinde go because he is our only real strong powerful player up front (target man type of player)nhe has also progressed so much but i think pitman if goes through will be a good signing and an ionvestment as he is only 22 also i think we need to offload a striker otherwise we cud well have

Maynard,Pitman,haynes,jackson,clarkson,stead,akinde,vokes and Styvar

I think we can expect to 2 see 1 of Clarkson akinde jackson or styvar to leave either on loan or perminently

How can Akinde be farmed out again? So what if he is 19! Get him playing games for City, he is more than capable

Get rid of Clarkson and Styvar. Will we need Vokes now? Maynard won't be playing again till probably late January earliest. So that leaves us Pitman, Haynes, Jackson and Akinde and Haynes isn't available for a few weeks still.

Pitman is only 22 and a goalscorer so he had to get his games under his belt to achieve that. No different with Akinde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for £800,000 for a League two player, sounds pretty steep to me

It's been inevitable that AFCB would lose Pitman, it's only been a matter of who would buy him and for how much. The proposed Blackpool deal was a nonsense - too little money, and Brett isn't ready for the Premier League yet. I think the move to you is a good one, and I'm confident that he could have an immediate impact. You'll be delighted to know that he's unlikely to have the same effect as our last export to you - Steve Jones!

So what's Akinde like?

Akinde is strong, fast and with a good run of games will do well...Perhpas a stilla little raw but like i said a run of games, confidence will go up and he'll do well.

Like someone else said...he looks like Drogba one second but Bas Savage the next!

A great example of this was on Saturday where he shrugged off 3 defenders as he ran through into the box...ball stuck to feet only to blaze high and wide from 8 yards. At Wycombe a season and a half ago he scored 7 in 11 games i think...including another long run but this time from his own half. I think being 21 with such little game time has affected him...he seems to have the makings of a good player but needs to be polished up which could come from a run in the team!

I'd say his signing would probably go one of two ways for you...amazing or terrible

So what's Akinde like?

Cracking tan though ;)

So what's Akinde like?

Big strong young lad who came into league football to us from Ebbsfleet - although a big lad he's not great in the air, and needs to work on his awareness, positioning etc.

For instance he's not going to pass and move and when he came on Saturday he made good runs but didn't anticipate the pass quickly enough and was caught offside a few times.

At his best powering his way through the middle -he's a quick strong direct runner - difficult to knock off the ball. He can scare even experienced defenders when he runs them.

A work in progress but what you will like is that he gives everything for the shirt and because of that he's a bit of a favourite when he comes on and the AG crowd will forgive his rawness because he so obviously wants to do well for the club.

He did well on loan at Brentford and Wycombe

CR

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but surely if Akinde was part of the deal he would not have played Saturday? if he had and got injured, it could have scuppered the deal. Playing him and risking him would have been suicide.

I think he will go out on loan, maybe to Bournemouth or another League 1 club, but i dont think it will be anything to do with the Pittman deal.

Thanks for the various descriptions. Eddie Howe is very rapidly getting a reputation for getting the best out of young players, and anyone will learn about being a target man from Steve Fletcher. Still it's all speculation until the deal is confirmed.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Brett at City, I'm even prepared to pay to watch him!

Archived