IGNORED

Km's No More Signings Statment

redysteadygo1

With KM suggesting no more signings are likely ( not sure if this covers loans ) and a fairly general opinion that the current mid field options are not adequate, even if Cisse does a good job, does this indicate that the two midfielders signed from Irish clubs are expected to be the answer?

I would say an option rather than an answer. they are for the future although it would be nice to see them in action.. perhaps one or both on the bench and coming on late in a game when we are 4 up.. might have to wait a while then i guess.

Unlikely, they have both come from the 2nd tier of the Irish league which is a fairly low standard, they will need time to get there fitness up and adapt to the step up in class, obviously there is the exception to the rule but I would be surprised if we see them in the first team for a Championship game anytime soon.

I don't think Keohane and Hoban are ready at the moment. When they signed I remember a quote saying something along the lines of "as they're 19 they're too old for our academy so we've signed them on one year deals". Guess that means they should be showing something towards the end of the season to win a second year on the contract and so on.

Afraid not. Keohane plays CM and can also play on either wing. Whereas Hoban is an attacking central midfielder who can also play up front.

In their interviews I thought one of them said they we're a defensive midfielder??

I think that we need a creative midfielder,more than a left-sided player... with Hartley's departure, only Lee Johnson can play in that role IMO; if there won't be other signings,maybe KM could try G.Williams and Campbell-Ryce ..even if they're not playmakers... with Skuse,Elliott and/or Cisse being the 'ball-stealers' .

Archived