IGNORED

Sam Vokes...

DaveF

If we could add him to Stead, Pittman and Maynard we would have fearsome competition for places up front, and also perhaps a long term solution should we go up (whereas perhaps Stead is a little exposed)

Would be an excellent choice of strikers, would probably mean Clarkson, Styvar and one of Akinde / Jackson moving on permanently.

Would be an excellent choice of strikers, would probably mean Clarkson, Styvar and one of Akinde / Jackson moving on permanently.

We could send the two latter out on loan and see if they can score some goals

if they cant do it for a decent club in L1/L2 they wont be pulling up any trees here for us for sure

If we have a fit combination of Vokes, Stead, Maynard and Pitman we will be a threat to anyone. Think Clarkson could be gone in Jan

Styvar will probably be stuck here all season due to his wages, unless an agreement can be made to terminate early. But compare to wages back in Eastern Europe why would Styvar do that on what is the biggest salary of his career. Understandably he's going to hold out for what he can.

Akinde/Jackson - Their aims for the season have to be league 1 loans and do well on them. Otherwise both gone at end of season I reckon.

I can't see us moving either Akinde or Jackson on permanently, they're both still young after all and both show promise. We do however need to think out our strike force, 10 strikers compared to 2 left backs? Madness.

I can't see us moving either Akinde or Jackson on permanently, they're both still young after all and both show promise. We do however need to think out our strike force, 10 strikers compared to 2 left backs? Madness.

know i be shot down but thought Akinde was going to Bournemouth on loan as part of the Pitman move

i wouldnt object to vokes joining permanently, sounds like nice chap and looked sharp for the 10 mins he was on! Loan out Akinde, Sell Clarkson.

Strikers:

Maynard

Pitman

Stead

Vokes

:fingerscrossed:

Keep Clarkson but use him as an attacking midfielder and add Haynes to that list and we're in dream land attacking wise. :innocent06:

Archived