IGNORED

What A Load Of Garbage About Akinde

screech

Jesus get a grip some of you, Akinde is being treated worse than a granny basher, he's gone to play football for goodness sake, it's his career not yours, if he wants to stay at his current home and play a bit of football who the bloody hell are you to question him.

What should he do, say oh well, I'd rather work stacking shelves in Tesco than persue a dream of a becoming a footballer at Bristol Rovers, f..ks sake, who on here wouldn't want to be in his shoes at 20 trying to become a professional footballer, tell me if you have a better job than him. He doesn't yet have the all round ability to play in the championship and may not ever have it, so why should he not try to prolong his working life as a footballer in the football league. Rant over.

Oh come on........how dare you come up with a reasonable and intelligent angle on the subject. When i recieved the text, i thought fair play to him, but could imagine the response from some members (pun intended), so much so i can`t even be bothered to read the thread. Good luck to him, i hope he score a few goals (but not more than they concede !!) gets a bit of confidence and comes back hungry for more.

PDG

Jesus get a grip some of you, Akinde is being treated worse than a granny basher, he's gone to play football for goodness sake, it's his career not yours, if he wants to stay at his current home and play a bit of football who the bloody hell are you to question him.

What should he do, say oh well, I'd rather work stacking shelves in Tesco than persue a dream of a becoming a footballer at Bristol Rovers, f..ks sake, who on here wouldn't want to be in his shoes at 20 trying to become a professional footballer, tell me if you have a better job than him. He doesn't yet have the all round ability to play in the championship and may not ever have it, so why should he not try to prolong his working life as a footballer in the football league. Rant over.

Couldnt of summed it up better myself,

good luck to akinde to what will be a very SHORT stay with rovers, unless the two clubs agree to extend the deal !

It will be good for him to get more playing time, im sure he will come back bigger & stronger :fingerscrossed: hes needs all the playing time he can get at such a young age

Very well put and very sensible. You've saved me a great deal of typing.

Top post.

Wake up and smell the coffee boys. GJ was slaughtered by many on this forum over his failure to give Akinde a run of games (but at least he used to make the bench) and guess what for most of the of the time that KM was in charge after GJ's depature Akinde did'nt even make the bench.

So either KM dosen't fancy Akinde is up to the job or he feels he is still to raw at the moment and I guess only time will tell now.

Guest Cassio

Wake up and smell the coffee boys. GJ was slaughtered by many on this forum over his failure to give Akinde a run of games (but at least he used to make the bench) and guess what for most of the of the time that KM was in charge after GJ's depature Akinde did'nt even make the bench.

So either KM dosen't fancy Akinde is up to the job or he feels he is still to raw at the moment and I guess only time will tell now.

I'm not being negative, but I reckon he's wrecked his career now (with us anyway) and probably taken Milly down with him. One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far, is how the other players will respond to Akinde commiting high treason (joke). Especially Carey who is the most powerful individual in the dressing room (according to Lennartsson & Tinnion). They might not be on speaking terms with Akinde when he comes back. I wonder how the East End will treat him?

I'm not being negative, but I reckon he's wrecked his career now (with us anyway) and probably taken Milly down with him. One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far, is how the other players will respond to Akinde commiting high treason (joke). Especially Carey who is the most powerful individual in the dressing room (according to Lennartsson & Tinnion). They might not be on speaking terms with Akinde when he comes back. I wonder how the East End will treat him?

Probably take the p*ss a bit, then say "Good luck John" and hope he does well, so he can come back and challenge for a place in the team with them for many years to come. Oh wait, no, of course, they'll be outside Millens office, pitch forks and torches at the ready, as will all of us I'm sure fastasleep.gif

Spot on. Those attacking Akinde and Millen are an embarrassment.

If it suits the club and player then its the right move, regardless of where he goes. Rovers aint in the Champ either, I might have a problem if he went to Cardiff or Palarse etc.

Sounds like a very sensible move all round - Akinde needs time on the pitch we can monitor him easily and he does not have to uproot and move somewhere else. I hope he comes back having scored plenty of goals and with confidence high - he's our player and we should want him to succeed and develop anything else is simply shortsighted thinking.

Great post. Honestly I've never seen so many sad acts in my life! Some of the people on here seriously need to get a life, If BCFC and John akinde are the most exciting things in your life at the moment you need to sit down and reflect on where it all went wrong for you....and start to strip down your Bristol city wallpaper from your bedroom. Do you seriously think John gives a flying **** what you stupid qunts think on this pathetic forum!?

Guest monty37

when Maynard has recovered and needs games why don't we loan him too the scum too get games, especially if brett and stead are scoring and playing well by then!!! your thoughts too the ones who thinks its alright for city players go to the gas on loan!!!

when Maynard has recovered and needs games why don't we loan him too the scum too get games, especially if brett and stead are scoring and playing well by then!!! your thoughts too the ones who thinks its alright for city players go to the gas on loan!!!

Akinde is garbage, Maynard is probably the hottest British prospect outside the premier league, next?

Guest monty37

Akinde is garbage, Maynard is probably the hottest British prospect outside the premier league, next?

IT TOOK MAYNARD A RUN OF GAMES TO GET USED TOO CHAMPIONSHIP, WHICH IKINDE HAS NEVER HAD! IKINDE IS MUCH YOUNGER THAN MAYNARD, (ININDE 21, MAYNARD 24) THAT WAS NOT THE QUESTION, IS IT ALRIGHT TO LOAN PLAYERS TOO THE SCUM, YES OR NO, MY ANSWER IS NO!

Agree with op.

The other thread is very much gas hijacked

Personally I feel sorry for John, never got too many chances here, but hasn't really improved since we signed, unlucky that he's ended up at the gas.

Comments about millen a pathetic

Seems to be at least partly a generational thing - not entirely, but I do notice on this and the other thread that much of the criticism for those that object to Akinde's move comes from younger fans.

In my youth there was no need to apologise to any fellow City fans for hating Rovers.

It came deeply entrenched with the territory of being a Bristol City fan.

I look out for their results every week and the bigger thrashing they get the happier I am.

Akinde going there MAY help them, so reading of this loan literally makes me see Red and to me that is an entirely natural reaction

These days it seems many younger City fans almost wish them well, apparently as a footballing entity that is largely irrelevant to us, even though our divisional positions ( one apart) has mostly always been the same as it is now.

Some posters on here calling your fellow Bristol City fans "narrow minded bigots" and the like for objecting to possibly helping the gas is outrageous and truly shocking. It's the terminology of the politically correct and has no place in describing the unique passion of supporting your club and, by association, despising it's rivals.

I can't stand the gas and would hope BCFC would NEVER sanction any move that may help them - hope that isn't TOO controversial on the modern day Bristol City fans forum.

Political Correctness seems to be killing off the rivalry, Bristol Utd. here we come.

Seems to be at least partly a generational thing - not entirely, but I do notice on this and the other thread that much of the criticism for those that object to Akinde's move comes from younger fans.

In my youth there was no need to apologise to any fellow City fans for hating Rovers.

It came deeply entrenched with the territory of being a Bristol City fan.

I look out for their results every week and the bigger thrashing they get the happier I am.

Akinde going there MAY help them, so reading of this loan literally makes me see Red and to me that is an entirely natural reaction

These days it seems many younger City fans almost wish them well, apparently as a footballing entity that is largely irrelevant to us, even though our divisional positions ( one apart) has mostly always been the same as it is now.

Some posters on here calling your fellow Bristol City fans "narrow minded bigots" and the like for objecting to possibly helping the gas is outrageous and truly shocking. It's the terminology of the politically correct and has no place in describing the unique passion of supporting your club and, by association, despising it's rivals.

I can't stand the gas and would hope BCFC would NEVER sanction any move that may help them - hope that isn't TOO controversial on the modern day Bristol City fans forum.

Political Correctness seems to be killing off the rivalry, Bristol Utd. here we come.

I am completely with you mate although (probably like you) I do understand the otherside of the coin, I think it's easier for some posters to get on their moral high horses than actually accept that there are always those that are going to disagree be it correctly or otherwise.

Or maybe I should have just said........

Great post you narrow minded biggot how dare you disagree, how dare you have an opinion, Iam disgusted you are pathetic and an embarrasment to the club. I smell gas etc etc etc.

Archived