IGNORED

What A Load Of Garbage About Akinde

screech

I'm not being negative, but I reckon he's wrecked his career now (with us anyway) and probably taken Milly down with him. One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far, is how the other players will respond to Akinde commiting high treason (joke). Especially Carey who is the most powerful individual in the dressing room (according to Lennartsson & Tinnion). They might not be on speaking terms with Akinde when he comes back. I wonder how the East End will treat him?

I can't believe this is a seriously held opinion. Plenty of examples of players crossing town to play.

Denis Law- ManUtd/ManCity

Sol Campbell-Spurs/Arsenal etc. etc. etc.

Those clubs didn't fall apart., so hopefully Millen won't have to be worrying about his job just yet for loaning out a young player, from a squad that is much too large, to a lower league club.

I can't believe this is a seriously held opinion. Plenty of examples of players crossing town to play.

Denis Law- ManUtd/ManCity

Sol Campbell-Spurs/Arsenal etc. etc. etc.

Those clubs didn't fall apart., so hopefully Millen won't have to be worrying about his job just yet for loaning out a young player, from a squad that is much too large, to a lower league club.

You seemed to have failed to miss out his bracketed quote when highlighting in bold! If you try including it, some of what he says is very valid ie Sol Campbell, if you speak to any arsenal or tottenham fan he burned some very big bridges there!

I agree that although a bad decision (IMHO) by Millen it's not the begining of the end, it shows that he's willing to be held responsible for making bold decisions, an admirable quality in a manager.

You seemed to have failed to miss out his bracketed quote when highlighting in bold! If you try including it, some of what he says is very valid ie Sol Campbell, if you speak to any arsenal or tottenham fan he burned some very big bridges there!

I agree that although a bad decision (IMHO) by Millen it's not the begining of the end, it shows that he's willing to be held responsible for making bold decisions, an admirable quality in a manager.

I think you're beginning to lighten up a bit on this one !

I really must be missing something here, Why the vitriol against Akinde, Did Akinde arrange this loan himself?, Did he sign the loan agreement without telling the club first?, of course not the club are behind this loan, Akinde is an employee and pretty much does as he is told and as a professional he will hopefully do his best for any club whilst on loan and why because he is supposed to be a professional and he will either want to impress Millen or another club if he feels he is not in Millens plans for the future and if that means a hatful of goals then so be it, That's life in professional football.

For me the biggest positive is, This loan will very much define Akinde's career with us, Firstly he is going to have to convince the gash fans (who will be looking for an excuse to turn on him) and secondly he also knows unlike other loans he will be under the most intense scrutiny, He is going to have to grow up quick and show some real character and we could end up with the finished article at last.

It seems pretty obvious to me that we have seen the end of John Akinde in a city shirt. Lets be honest, despite the years of hype based on his potential, he has never amounted to anything special in the championship. He has had the chances at the club; as many chances as any young player can hope to get in the modern game - and bar the one good game at home to plymouth (which normally gets a mention) he has never really taken the chance.

It is goodbye to Akinde, which is no bad thing as we are now heavy on strikers. The move to Rovers simply does not matter, as i doubt whether Akinde will make a big impact even at league one, I would be surprised if he scores more than 8 goals this season. And even if he does well at their small club, what difference will that make? Remember the bad days when Roberts & Cureton were literally on fire for them - even then they never achieved promotion, and more recently the goals of Lambert did absolutely nothing for them at league one - so Akinde will make no difference to their plight!!!

Bye John, all the best for the future in your career as a football player.

I really must be missing something here, Why the vitriol against Akinde, Did Akinde arrange this loan himself?, Did he sign the loan agreement without telling the club first?, of course not the club are behind this loan, Akinde is an employee and pretty much does as he is told and as a professional he will hopefully do his best for any club whilst on loan and why because he is supposed to be a professional and he will either want to impress Millen or another club if he feels he is not in Millens plans for the future and if that means a hatful of goals then so be it, That's life in professional football.

For me the biggest positive is, This loan will very much define Akinde's career with us, Firstly he is going to have to convince the gash fans (who will be looking for an excuse to turn on him) and secondly he also knows unlike other loans he will be under the most intense scrutiny, He is going to have to grow up quick and show some real character and we could end up with the finished article at last.

Totaly agree with the last part. This loan us going to be under the spotlight and Akinde under some pressure and it could be the making of him and Millen not, as some riddiculous poster put it, their downfall.

Seems to be at least partly a generational thing - not entirely, but I do notice on this and the other thread that much of the criticism for those that object to Akinde's move comes from younger fans.

In my youth there was no need to apologise to any fellow City fans for hating Rovers.

It came deeply entrenched with the territory of being a Bristol City fan.

I look out for their results every week and the bigger thrashing they get the happier I am.

Akinde going there MAY help them, so reading of this loan literally makes me see Red and to me that is an entirely natural reaction

These days it seems many younger City fans almost wish them well, apparently as a footballing entity that is largely irrelevant to us, even though our divisional positions ( one apart) has mostly always been the same as it is now.

Some posters on here calling your fellow Bristol City fans "narrow minded bigots" and the like for objecting to possibly helping the gas is outrageous and truly shocking. It's the terminology of the politically correct and has no place in describing the unique passion of supporting your club and, by association, despising it's rivals.

I can't stand the gas and would hope BCFC would NEVER sanction any move that may help them - hope that isn't TOO controversial on the modern day Bristol City fans forum.

Political Correctness seems to be killing off the rivalry, Bristol Utd. here we come.

Nicely put and sums up how I feel about the situation. I have no problem with Akinde going out on loan anywhere else but do not understand why on earth we are helping THEM out! I wouldn't give them anything which COULD help them, it's r*vers FFS!

Jesus get a grip some of you, Akinde is being treated worse than a granny basher, he's gone to play football for goodness sake, it's his career not yours, if he wants to stay at his current home and play a bit of football who the bloody hell are you to question him.

What should he do, say oh well, I'd rather work stacking shelves in Tesco than persue a dream of a becoming a footballer at Bristol Rovers, f..ks sake, who on here wouldn't want to be in his shoes at 20 trying to become a professional footballer, tell me if you have a better job than him. He doesn't yet have the all round ability to play in the championship and may not ever have it, so why should he not try to prolong his working life as a footballer in the football league. Rant over.

Well done for saying that, HE IS A BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALLER for Christ Sake, just because our ex leader did not give him a chance.

He deserves to earn a living hope it will be for many years at BRISTOL CITY. :rolleyes:

Seems to be at least partly a generational thing - not entirely, but I do notice on this and the other thread that much of the criticism for those that object to Akinde's move comes from younger fans.

In my youth there was no need to apologise to any fellow City fans for hating Rovers.

It came deeply entrenched with the territory of being a Bristol City fan.

I look out for their results every week and the bigger thrashing they get the happier I am.

Akinde going there MAY help them, so reading of this loan literally makes me see Red and to me that is an entirely natural reaction

These days it seems many younger City fans almost wish them well, apparently as a footballing entity that is largely irrelevant to us, even though our divisional positions ( one apart) has mostly always been the same as it is now.

Some posters on here calling your fellow Bristol City fans "narrow minded bigots" and the like for objecting to possibly helping the gas is outrageous and truly shocking. It's the terminology of the politically correct and has no place in describing the unique passion of supporting your club and, by association, despising it's rivals.

I can't stand the gas and would hope BCFC would NEVER sanction any move that may help them - hope that isn't TOO controversial on the modern day Bristol City fans forum.

Political Correctness seems to be killing off the rivalry, Bristol Utd. here we come.

Couldnt agree more, but unfortunately your words will be lost on many.. To be slated by your fellow fans beacause you are annoyed we are helping our arch old rivals is pathetic.

You just have to look at the gutless atmosphere that was at AG when played them that night in 07. Sums up the passion in this football club.

I am completely with you mate although (probably like you) I do understand the otherside of the coin, I think it's easier for some posters to get on their moral high horses than actually accept that there are always those that are going to disagree be it correctly or otherwise.

This coming from the same person who put me on ignore and threw insults for having an opposing opinon to himself. What a hypocrite!

Some are just making up the rules as they go along...............

I am still astonished that some are questioning John Akinde's motives for this.

Really easy isn't it when you sit by your computer and tell others what they should be doing with their opportunity in life, he has a gift 99.9% of this forum haven't got and he's trying to make a career for himself from his talent, his time at this club is perhaps almost gone and he realises this, so he's gone to a club who are offering him a chance to prolong his career.

I suppose he should tell them to do one and laugh about it to his mates when he's 22 and working on a building site 12 hours a day and playing football for Weston Super Mare, about the time he stuck to some principles held dearly by a few internet fans, and how he would rather not play football for the other team in Bristol and how glad he is of making that choice now. I'm sure you will all chip in and pay the wages he will be missing out on.

One of the best posts I've read on here for a long time. The nonsense that's so often posted on OTIB makes me despair and when I then think about deleting it as a favourite I see a post that's balanced, well written and makes sense.

Just a shame that these are so few and far between.

We should not have loaned out Akinde to Rovers as it clearly helps them.

In the long run a smaller and weaker Rovers means a better and stronger City . They see something good in him and therefore we should not be helping them. If loaning them Akinde helps them avoid relegation at the end of the season or gets them into the play-offs (which they might win) Then I would be livid at City for helping them to do this.

Personally for Akinde I bear him no malice. City look like they want to get rid of him so he should tout himself around. I am annoyed with City though for helping a rival which could backfire disastrously.

I have to confess I don't want Akinde to do well at Rovers as I want them relegated. Any other non-rival club would be fine and I would cheer him on.

In the long run a smaller and weaker Rovers means a better and stronger City . They see something good in him and therefore we should not be helping them. If loaning them Akinde helps them avoid relegation at the end of the season or gets them into the play-offs (which they might win) Then I would be livid at City for helping them to do this.

Personally for Akinde I bear him no malice. City look like they want to get rid of him so he should tout himself around. I am annoyed with City though for helping a rival which could backfire disastrously.

I have to confess I don't want Akinde to do well at Rovers as I want them relegated. Any other non-rival club would be fine and I would cheer him on.

You've lost me!! How does a weaker Rovers make City stronger???? The lad is from the South-East, does not have a parochial view on Rovers and wants to play more football. It is a good decision all round.

How could this deal backfire disasterously? Is SL going to see the light ( or rather be entranced by the Darkside) , abandon City and take over at the Mem? Will Maynard demand a free transfer to Rovers and accept £1500 per week?

Will the football league relegate City and promote Rovers because we loaned them our 6th choice striker?? Will our 10000 season tickets holders decide that they want to watch hoofball in a marquee on a potato patch??

In my view Rovers are an irrelevance, history. We are now well out of their orbit and this is a good move to give a fringe player game time.

The hysteria this has generated is totally farcical.

You've lost me!! How does a weaker Rovers make City stronger????

A weaker Rover makes City stronger in the LONG RUN. If Rovers play in the bottom division or go non-league like they almost did a few years back then new football fans are more likely to watch Bristol City as they play better football. New City fans = more money for City which makes City stronger. This will happen over the long term as stated. Also we will get more media attention if we are the strongest club in the West.

In my view Rovers are an irrelevance, history. We are now well out of their orbit and this is a good move to give a fringe player game time.

Sadly they are not an irrelevance just yet. They are in the division below. One good season and a bit of luck in the play-offs would see them in the same division as us. Or dare I say it one disastrous season for us and we are back with them.

The hysteria this has generated is totally farcical.

so true smile.gif lets all just chilax. We have the international break and then S****horpe (A) to look foward too!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Jesus get a grip some of you, Akinde is being treated worse than a granny basher, he's gone to play football for goodness sake, it's his career not yours, if he wants to stay at his current home and play a bit of football who the bloody hell are you to question him.

What should he do, say oh well, I'd rather work stacking shelves in Tesco than persue a dream of a becoming a footballer at Bristol Rovers, f..ks sake, who on here wouldn't want to be in his shoes at 20 trying to become a professional footballer, tell me if you have a better job than him. He doesn't yet have the all round ability to play in the championship and may not ever have it, so why should he not try to prolong his working life as a footballer in the football league. Rant over.

Just got back from Paris

I cannot believe we have allowed him to go on loan to the GASH :disapointed2se:

I hope he never scores a goal there!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of other clubs he could go foe experiance!:disapointed2se:

Everything you say is correct!

I can't believe City fans don't understand this alsodisapointed2se.gif

Cant get my head around this sort of thinking, if that is what it is, sound like small minded Bristol rivalry, and one of the reasons that both clubs are held back from going forward. Petty sibling rivalry, Pathetic, we used to practice that at school, but has no place for grown ups I reckon.

Since when has a weak Rovers helped City? Never...for all I can remember when Rovers are doing well we seem to also.

If Rovers turned into a non-league club (a weak club) then that would benefit Bristol City in the long term. Emphasis on the words "Long term"

To say you don't want Akinde to progrees as a pro is farcical, because he plays for Rovers

Not true. I said I did not want him to do well at Rovers. As it will help them. I wish him all the best in his career otherwise.

and you want to see them relegated...

Yup Rovers relegation and them staying down as far away from City as possible is good for City.

Like I said small minded twaddle..get a life.

Learn to read somebodies posts properly and not be so rude in the future.

You are right.

I think you miss the point of opponents to this move, screech. It could be any number of our squad and not specifically Akinde that I have a problem with going to the gas. My beef is that we are helping out Bristol Rovers, a club that i personally despise, including their fans. Call it childish, call it whatever you will and maybe Nogbad's got it right, maybe it's a generational thing or maybe it's bitter personal experience at the hands of that club, i don't know, but speaking personally at no point after when we lost 3-0 on the 2nd May 1990, or when they beat us two years on the bounce at AG in the mid 90's, or when Beadle scored that last minute equaliser leading the infamous pitch invasion, or the JPT when a couple of thousand chavs invaded the pitch and mocked us, did I ever want to loan them players and I don't really see why I should feel any different now thank you?

You've got your opinion of Bristol Rovers and i've got mine, so leave us gas haters be.

Archived