IGNORED

Player Swaps...

spudski

Having looked at our squad and that of other teams in our Division, apart from Maynard and Skuse, I can't see one other team in our Division, that would want to swap a player, in a like for like position, for one of ours. Imo, apart from the two players i have mentioned, I can't see how another team could strenghten their team from choosing one of our players.

I know it is an odd way of looking at the strength of our squad, but when you look at it like this, it does make you wonder.

Has anyone else looked at other teams squads and thought ours looks weak by comparison? Going on what i see, if we don't strenghten and injured layers don't come back in plenty of time, then i see us as a team finishing somewhere in the bottom third.

I really do think it's down to a bit of luck, some tactical awareness by our manager and the full support of our fans, that we stay up this season. This is not based on our recent results, but how i see the strength and capabilities of the individuals within our team.

Any thoughts positive or negartive?

Having looked at our squad and that of other teams in our Division, apart from Maynard and Skuse, I can't see one other team in our Division, that would want to swap a player, in a like for like position, for one of ours. Imo, apart from the two players i have mentioned, I can't see how another team could strenghten their team from choosing one of our players.

I know it is an odd way of looking at the strength of our squad, but when you look at it like this, it does make you wonder.

Has anyone else looked at other teams squads and thought ours looks weak by comparison? Going on what i see, if we don't strenghten and injured layers don't come back in plenty of time, then i see us as a team finishing somewhere in the bottom third.

I really do think it's down to a bit of luck, some tactical awareness by our manager and the full support of our fans, that we stay up this season. This is not based on our recent results, but how i see the strength and capabilities of the individuals within our team.

Any thoughts positive or negartive?

Weird... I was just about to post something very similar. You would have to argue that every single club in the division would have James as first choice. Maynard would probably get in every other side with the possible exception of Cardiff.

Skuse? Again, a fair few sides would start him but after those three it is more 'possible starters'.

I think Ribs would play in a fair few sides that like to give youth a go.... and the signing of Brett seems to have impressed a few people, but maybe that is more for his potential.

I think at the top end of the table, there aren't too many of our players that other clubs would have as first choice (hence the lack of interest (that I know of!) aside from Orr?)

Further down (mid/lower table), I'm sure other teams are quite envious of our squad. I think the fact that we have had a poor start is just giving us a negative outlook at the moment. I would like to think with the international break, we can start fresh and breed some confidence and in turn, start seeing what our new boys and the younger lads can really do :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for the thoughful reply Cookie. I think some of the others have missed the point of the thread. Yes many other teams would like to have some of our players in their squad. But take each teams strongest possible team, take like for like positions and players, and how many would say their RB is weaker than ours. There CB's weaker than ours, and so on.

Of the players mentioned...LJ was great for Derby, as he was for us in his first season. So was Elliot. Have they consistently played like their first seasons? The others...hmmm, not so sure. But interesting to see peoples perspectives, either way.

Archived