IGNORED

Cisse- V's Ipswich

mightyreds89

Showed a couple of promising glimpses but that was it.. He made a couple of good sideways passes and good tackles when tracking back however overall he looked unfit and clumsy. He didn't look comfortable passing forwards and I thought that Elliot was doing more work than he might have been expected too.

He didn't look creative and if he is the long term centre midfield partner of Elliot then on this performance I'm struggling to see where the goals will come from.

However everyone needs time to settle so considering it was his first game, it wasn't a disaster.

Cisse need games to make himself justice. Over at least the last six months he has not played more than a handful games.

Why? Surely after being out injured for a while and making his debut along with 3 other players it's straightforward that despite not being 100% fit that he's rubbish.

Infact our who squad is crap if we keep going on like this the league will relegate us straight to the conference

I was at the game and thought Elliot and and Cisse did well enough. Cisse was obviously the more defensive of the two but both and Elliot broke up loads of Ipswich play. Thats partly why Ipswich didn't tear City apart. Consider that it was Cisse's first game and he was just back from a legthy injury lay-off.

The difficultly in a 4-4-2 is what options are availble in midfield when you win the ball and nor Stead or Pitman made decent runs for a through ball. The only option was to play it wide. 4-5-1 would have been more solid.

Consider that three players were making their debuts away from home and you have some reasons why City didn't threaten much. Also remember that it was two schoolboy errors that gifted Ipswich their goals. At 0-1 down I still though City might nick a point but the second goal killed us.

Despite the result I still remain convinced that Millen has enough quality in the squad to create a team capable of moving up the league. My only worry in the lack of quality at full back.

Why? Surely after being out injured for a while and making his debut along with 3 other players it's straightforward that despite not being 100% fit that he's rubbish.

Infact our who squad is crap if we keep going on like this the league will relegate us straight to the conference

We could do without 75 percent of the current squad but good or bad Cisse need games to make himself justice.

Is this going to degenerate into yet another thread for slagging off one of our players? It was his first game for us after a return from injury FFS.

I wasn't slagging him off as such ... Just giving my opinion on how he played which was the question asked. Yes he was playing his first game back from injury but my opinion was that he did not play well (which was the question asked) Why are people moaned at for being negative on here when we pay our money to watch our team week in week out and end up having to watch the complete non existance of anything resembling a professional football team more often than should happen.

I wasn't slagging him off as such ... Just giving my opinion on how he played which was the question asked. Yes he was playing his first game back from injury but my opinion was that he did not play well (which was the question asked) Why are people moaned at for being negative on here when we pay our money to watch our team week in week out and end up having to watch the complete non existance of anything resembling a professional football team more often than should happen.

If calling him 'absolute shite' isn't a slagging off I'd like to know what your definition is !

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but maybe you could elaborate a bit more.

Archived