IGNORED

Former Trades

riddlesdown red

God its boring during international breaks, had a bloke around my house (surrey) who say my bespoke Bristol city stain glass window and mentioned he knew Albert Adomah and stated he was a blood y good painter and decorater before he went full time pro with Barnet said what a great bloke he was level headed none of your gangster bling types. Got me thinking what other players in our squad have something behind them that they could fall back on when they finish playing.

Jamal Campbell-Ryce is an amateur inventor. He invented a new type of fence panel which doesn't get damaged by strong winds. When it's really windy, the wooden slats go to a horizontal position so the wind just blows straight through. Then after, the slats go back to the normal position giving you back your privacy. He also built a robot for robot wars when he was young. He has a master degree as well but i can't remember what in. The lad's not as stupid as he looks, thats for sure.

Guest Parson St Station

God its boring during international breaks, had a bloke around my house (surrey) who say my bespoke Bristol city stain glass window and mentioned he knew Albert Adomah and stated he was a blood y good painter and decorater before he went full time pro with Barnet said what a great bloke he was level headed none of your gangster bling types. Got me thinking what other players in our squad have something behind them that they could fall back on when they finish playing.

Any chance of showing us mate,sounds brilliant...did it cost much?

Yes. He invented this game where if you are right footed you play on the left side of the pitch.

No, sorry, Gary Johnson invented that. Sold it to a couple of blokes though.

Actually, it's not as stupid as it sounds. For example, Bayern Munich, led by Louis van Gaal, won the Bundesliga and reached the CL final last year playing with Ribery (right footed) on the left and Robben (left footed) on the right. Although both are quite "2 footed"...

JCR an inventor?????

It's true. His dad has a workshop with old fashioned, coal fired tool making machines. The sort they used in the early 1900's before electricity was common place. They entered robot wars when JCR was 15 i think, and now he has a small workshop of his own at home. The fence panel invention is real because he's in the process of trying to sell the patent.

It's true. His dad has a workshop with old fashioned, coal fired tool making machines. The sort they used in the early 1900's before electricity was common place. They entered robot wars when JCR was 15 i think, and now he has a small workshop of his own at home. The fence panel invention is real because he's in the process of trying to sell the patent.

He should try to go onto Dragons Den then. That will give him the publicity he needs.

• Admin

Why ?

The average player in our squad qill be on about 5 k with a career span of 15 years if they look after themselves they shouldnt have to work again........

Not sure your thinking adds up.

They will be living the £5K PW lifestyle, although some will probably invest in their future (houses etc).

£5K PW for 15 years = £3,900,00, if they earn that from 20 - 35, then don't work again, if they live to 80, that equates to £65K PA, with no cost of living increase, bearing in mind that plenty of them will have spent a good % of their weekly wage, just as the rest of us do - living to your means. Take out tax @ 40%, national insurance, mortgage, (the odd divorce settlement!!) and general living expenses and it doesn't seem such a great lifetime annuity after all..

Archived