IGNORED

Matt Bryant

tpitman

Comes from a very good sporting family. Matt suffered more than his fair share of knee injuries after he left City and didnt reach his potential. Was a big fan of his. Simon could have played at Championship level easily with the right attitude. As someone said, very good at cricket as well and I believe he still plays. Matt's other brothers also play at a good semi professional level.

Always remember him scoring a thunderbolt for us from outside the box vs Stoke.

Remember that.. glad it did go in, otherwise someone would have been injured in the Atyeo stand :laugh:

Always remember him scoring a thunderbolt for us from outside the box vs Stoke.

You'll never beat Matt Bryant! :)

Yeah I remember that game and what a strike it was. Uncle is a Stoke fan and was gutted about the 3-1 score line but couldn't stop talking about that goal on the way home.

Matt Bryant still lives in Hanham as does his brother Simon. Matt was a class centre half who got a move to Gillingham when they were Championship. If it wasn't for his back problems and love of the booze he would have played in the Premiership.

Simon was also very talented and one of the youngest ever to captain the Gas. He turned up drunk to Rovers training on a number of occasions and basically pi**ed a talented career away. As has been said I think he now plays for Hanham.

The other Bryant brothers are also decent all round sportsmen.

Played in the Premier League?!

Behave!

You obviously didn't see him play, I'm not saying he was Kompany or Vidic but he could quite easily have played for a lower half PL. team if he had looked after himself and not had the injury problems. Bryant had the lot - tall, strong, quick and with composure.

You obviously didn't see him play, I'm not saying he was Kompany or Vidic but he could quite easily have played for a lower half PL. team if he had looked after himself and not had the injury problems. Bryant had the lot - tall, strong, quick and with composure.

Crikey, are you sure? he was decent, but Premier league! laugh my red f*$%ing ass off!

One thing that Paul Lambert has proved at Villa is the gap between Championship and Premier League is not as big as people think. Look at the number of players he has signed and given chances too. Westwood is the prime example, Crewe to Villa first team and is a wonderful player

Yep agree, but Matt Bryant wasn't anywhere near that quality, average championship quality at best!

Archived