IGNORED

Paulton Rovers

bristolcitysweden

Hi, first post here. I'm a Wexford Youths supporter, the former club of Jimmy Keohane. Great to see him getting his first goal even if only in a friendly. Jimmy is very two-footed and we would regularly see him getting off shots with either foot in matches. He also has a great attitude and would be the type of player who runs past others to get his foot in. This was obviously reflected in your new manager saying that both he and Patrick Hoban were a breath of fresh air when they arrived in Bristol. The big gap he has to make up is that of the difference in power, strength and pace which would be required in the Championship compared to Division 1 (second-tier) in Ireland. If he can bridge that, you'll definitely have a very useful addition to your squad by end of the season.

Cheers, Forzaforth

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the info on the Irish lads, I have yet to see them play but have heard positive things about both. Don't think either of them are near the first team at the moment to be honest, but hopefully they will get a chance as the season progresses. I was over in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and watched St Pats draw 0-0 with Sligo Rovers in the Irish Prem and wasn't too impressed to be honest - are they poor teams or is the league generally not strong? Both teams were very poor going forward, but the atmosphere, food and beer was all good!

Tinman, standard of domestic football in Ireland compared to English football has been hotly debated and the answer seems to vary depending on the most recent comparable result. What you would be looking for is for certain individuals being able to bridge the gap over time. Can well understand that neither of our lads is near the first team at the moment. Hopefully one or both can have made enough progress by the end of their contracts to be kept on.

If Jimmy can develop, would basically see him in the Keith Fahey mould, neat and tidy rather than running rings round fullbacks.

Archived