IGNORED

Somerset Ccc

ciderup

strangely I support both sides, My old man introduced me to cricket watching the great Gloucester one day side under Alleyne, Loved that side, Smith, Ball, Snape and the legend that is Jack Russell...

However, living in somerset I held a season ticket down at taunton for 5 or 6 years... couldn't help but grow a strong affection for them... Especially Arul Suppiah, Best fielder I've seen in a while!!!

Shocking day for us today, had high hopes a month ago of a county championship west country double with Glocs and Somerset succeeding in their respective leagues...

Just hope Somerset dont poach Gemaal Hussain... he's a ruddy Gem.

strangely I support both sides, My old man introduced me to cricket watching the great Gloucester one day side under Alleyne, Loved that side, Smith, Ball, Snape and the legend that is Jack Russell...

However, living in somerset I held a season ticket down at taunton for 5 or 6 years... couldn't help but grow a strong affection for them... Especially Arul Suppiah, Best fielder I've seen in a while!!!

Shocking day for us today, had high hopes a month ago of a county championship west country double with Glocs and Somerset succeeding in their respective leagues...

Just hope Somerset dont poach Gemaal Hussain... he's a ruddy Gem.

must admit, I know how sags must feel, Somerset are light years better than Glos in everything ,players, set up, money etc.

I expect Hussain WILL go, and he'll walk into the England side!

Think England could have a strong west country influence in years to come. James Hildreth must be taken on the Lions tour this winter and then play some of the home tests next summer. Jos Butler can't be far off getting in the ODI/T20 squads.

Well done to Worcs too, after not winning a game last season to turn it around and nick promotion on the last day is a fine achievement.

As a Lancashire fan I am disgusted at the way my team laid down and died to enable Notts to win the county championship.

That is twice this season they have gifted point so Notts, talk about the Pakistanis being under investigation I think the powers that be should look into the Lancashire team first.

The declaration at Trent Bridge gave a far too easy target for the home team and the batting and bowling at Old Trafford yesterday was just a joke.

Think England could have a strong west country influence in years to come. James Hildreth must be taken on the Lions tour this winter and then play some of the home tests next summer. Jos Butler can't be far off getting in the ODI/T20 squads.

Well done to Worcs too, after not winning a game last season to turn it around and nick promotion on the last day is a fine achievement.

The problem with Hildreth is that he seems to go good season, bad season, good season, bad season etc. He's been mr inconsistent in that respect. He should definitly be with the lions this winter 7 tons should see to that. Think the selectors will want him to get a good start to next season if they were to pick him in tests. Sri Lanka and India next summer i think, he will have to get a game against Sri Lanka as i can't see him being tried against India.

In regards to Buttler the selectors will see how he does next season, with this being his debut season alot of guys get worked out in their 2nd season and this will be Jos' test. Imo he should also go with the lions though.

Unfortunately I think they will come straight back down next season !

Archived