IGNORED

Evander Sno

Ashcott Boy

From what im reading he is very lucky to still be here, so a big well done to all the medical staff at the game for doing what they did and heres hoping for a full and fast recovery for Evander. Rate him or not when he was here, not many players from the opposition getting a standing ovation for their efforts, even in a friendly.

Sad news but thank goodness he was given expert life-saving attention. Sounds like the staff at Ajax saved him so they deserve a lot of praise. I hope they can identify the specific problem and completely rectify it so Evander can safely resume his promising career. The emphasis though of course is on 'safely'. He seemed quite popular with the players at Ashton Gate and I am sure they and the Club will send their best wishes and support. I loved watching him with his great control and extra time on the ball that highlighted his talent even though he was adjusting to English football. Very best wishes Evander for a speedy and full recovery.

If the reports are accurate and he was revived several times on the pitch, then it was clearly a very, very close call indeed and it's a blessing he's still here: we could easily have writing his obituary, which is a grim thought.

I'm no medic, but I think I'm right in saying that these events are often the result of hereditary heart conditions that have never been detected. It's mercifully comparitively rare, but I can think of a couple of other tragic exemples in addition to those already mentioned, including one close to home. Didn't we have a young trainee some years back who collapsed and died quite suddenly at the age of about sixteen? Maybe other some OTIB members can confirm this. Also, I believe the former Leeds and Wales player (and Wales manager for a time), Terry Yorath, had a teenage son (brother of Gabby, now Logan) who died in similar circumstances whilst kicking a ball around in their back garden with his Dad.

When a Championship player survived a scare during a game (a year or two ago now - can't remember the name or the club involved), there was much talk about the issue and calls for more screening of players for previously undetected heart defects, but it seems this is still not widely adopted. If there is anything good to come of this (apart from Evander's recovery, of course) perhaps it will be a re-opening of this debate and some meaningful action to protect footballers who may unwittingly be at risk.

And while I'm on the subject, I would of course like to add my own best wishes to Evander to all the other messages above, and if DollyMarie is willing to sort out a card of some sort for him on behalf of us all, I'm sure we'd all be most grateful. Many thanks, Dolly.

Shocked to hear how close you came Evo - so glad you came thru and well done to the staff on hand whose reactions were spot on.....

Goes to show how bad withdrawls from Cider can be! ..............so I will defo be having one tonight to wish you a swift & strong recovery

Hayne's pace is frightfull and Maynards goals delightfull........when there's no where else to go.....give it to Sno...give it to Sno....give it to Sno!

Dear Daniel,

thank you for your support.

I will make sure he gets your message and will copie everything from your link.

He is brought to a hospital in Amsterdam today,

we hope to know more soon, you can always contact us and thanks again,

friendly greetings,

Lydia van der Moot

Secretaresse (Secretary)

AFC AJAX

Hoofd Jeugdopleiding (Youth Department)

Jong Ajax

Manager Bestuurs- en Verenigingszaken

Tel. 0031 - (0)20 - 311 9100

Fax. 0031 - (0)20 - 3119112

l.van.der.moot@ajax.nl