IGNORED

Sproule, Get On The ******* Wing!

Red Cloud

Why the f ** k was he shouting that?! He was there the whole time I can't believe Skuse didn't pass to him! I've never seen Skuse as poor as that second half. Countless times he had the oppurtunity to put the ball in front of Ivan yet he'd just punt it back to James, what was he thinking?! I mean it's not even like you have to play it to his feet you can put it in the space in front of him. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It's hardly a suitable reaction from Sproule, but he was clearly very frustrated and we all blow up sometimes. He's shown before he's one of the most in touch with the fans.

Sproule is a spent force, unable to do anything the opposition can't see coming prior to the kick off. Only chases balls he feels he can comfortably get to or that he wishes to chase. Reluctant to make himself available at times. If I was honest he is very poor on the ball, no control, no skill he is quick but teams have adapted to counteract that. Taxi for Mr Sproule I think!

Watford put 2 men out on Sproule, they knew the danger he posed. Surely Millen could see this, why didnt Sproule and Adomah swap wings for 5 mins just to shake things up and get Watfords defenders out of there comfort zone. We are so predictable,our tacticts seemed to be, bang it long so Watfords giant defender can just head it away all night!!! I despair at our lack of creativity.

Give Sproule a break. He was probably pissed off with the way the game had gone, and how many if us can say we wouldn't have wanted to react in the same way.

Also for those that missed it, he apologised straight away at the end of the game by raising his hand to the dolman stand. How many people are so quick to apologise for their mistakes.

And it was a stupid comment to start with anyway. Yeah he should have been on the wing more, but he wasn't, so it was a shit pass anyway!

shouted the bloke from the Dolman to which Ivan promptly put the V's up!

quite shocked to be honest, justified or not?

I dont care about what he did or didnt do, I only care about the fact he is utter garbage and, for the fourth season is it now? continues to steal a wage from us by fraudulantly claiming to be a footballer

how can you have ago at sproule, he had the ball 3 times in 40 mins? no one would play the ball down the wing our "captain" skuse needs to be put on the transfer list if anyones to blame its him,

No leadership

no organization

no passion

sorry skuse you got to go son

how can you have ago at sproule, he had the ball 3 times in 40 mins? no one would play the ball down the wing our "captain" skuse needs to be put on the transfer list if anyones to blame its him,

No leadership

no organization

no passion

sorry skuse you got to go son

Are you serious? You want our best midfielder to go?

Skusey ain't a captain, but let's be fair who else have we got when Carey isn't playing? Can't of helped Cole either that he had to play left midfield and right back!

best midfielder? you blind mate,

he never found a red shirt with his passing and hasn't put a decent shift in this season, I'd start with Johnson over skue or play with 10 men at the moment,

People only like him because he's from Bristol he's a league one player at best

Yes, he tried a couple of times then gave up. Sums up Ivan's career sadly.

Stupid post Ivan has never given up. He needed short quick passes to stretch watford so he could get some space. We made it so easy for Watford. Even if Skuse had given him the ball more he had two defenders right up his arse ( :crying: ) Sproule is near the bottom of my list for blame

best midfielder? you blind mate,

he never found a red shirt with his passing and hasn't put a decent shift in this season, I'd start with Johnson over skue or play with 10 men at the moment,

People only like him because he's from Bristol he's a league one player at best

Skuse was shit yesterday but he is the best central midfielder we have. To suggest we need to ship him out is ridiculous. We have three 'so-called' defensive midfielders and Skuse is the best by a distance.

He wasn't shit, he was one of the few players to come out of the game with any credit (not much but a little). Especially considering he was playing left midfield and then right back.

Granted right-back isn't his position so it's hard to judge but he was absymal second half. The amount of times he should;ve played it to Sproule but chose to just hoof it back to James, and his defensive play was hardly anything to talk about. He always gives 100% and was our best player for much of last season that's why I can't understand people slagging him off, but he was shit yesterday in my opinion.

Granted right-back isn't his position so it's hard to judge but he was absymal second half. The amount of times he should;ve played it to Sproule but chose to just hoof it back to James, and his defensive play was hardly anything to talk about. He always gives 100% and was our best player for much of last season that's why I can't understand people slagging him off, but he was shit yesterday in my opinion.

and Sproule has been mainly shit for 4 seasons now, 1 good game last season, 1 reasonable game this season. People keep quoting that he is an impact player but can't then name many if any games where he came on as a sub and actually made an impact, He has had more than enough chances and nice guy though he is, He is simply not good enough.

I'd say in the first half that he was up there with Stead and Adomah though and it's not his fault he got dumped at right back (where he did better than Hunt).

Passing to Sproule when Sproule is only going to turn into a defender is not a good idea, Sproule should have been on his man's shoulder waiting to be put through and constantly fails to understand that his strength is pace certainly not skill or control or tricks.

Bottom line for me is I think at least 7 of the players on the pitch yesterday were worse than Skuse.

I'd say in the first half that he was up there with Stead and Adomah though and it's not his fault he got dumped at right back (where he did better than Hunt).

Passing to Sproule when Sproule is only going to turn into a defender is not a good idea, Sproule should have been on his man's shoulder waiting to be put through and constantly fails to understand that his strength is pace certainly not skill or control or tricks.

Bottom line for me is I think at least 7 of the players on the pitch yesterday were worse than Skuse.

That may be true, but he was still poor in my opinion. Only Stead and Adomah have many have said did anything remotely positive, and even they faded. I'm by no means saying Sproule is a world beater, but countless times Sproule found himself in a position with a lot of space in front of him and Skuse just didn't play the ball there. It's Sproule, you don't need to play the ball to his feet play it into the empty space in front of him and he can run into it. I just became very frustrated with this and the fact he kept hoofing it back to James, but like I've said, he was out of position and generally everyone was shit, so I'm not gonna make some of the absurd statements others have said and say sell him.

and Sproule has been mainly shit for 4 seasons now, 1 good game last season, 1 reasonable game this season. People keep quoting that he is an impact player but can't then name many if any games where he came on as a sub and actually made an impact, He has had more than enough chances and nice guy though he is, He is simply not good enough.

This isn't a chance to just moan at Sproule. He wanted the ball and hardly ever recieved it, there were ironic cheers when he finally recieved it in the last few minutes for godsake. How can you criticise him when he wasn't even provided with the ball?!

shouted the bloke from the Dolman to which Ivan promptly put the V's up!

quite shocked to be honest, justified or not?

Bet he wasn't saying that when Sproule got MOM against Barnsley! The person that that shouted that out was a baffoon. I saw Ivan flick the Vs - I'm sure he did it more out of frustration with his appalling team mates who failed to pass him the ball even when he did make a run. If Millen put Sproule on the pitch to have an impact on the right wing, he should have made that message clear to the rest of the team. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

This isn't a chance to just moan at Sproule. He wanted the ball and hardly ever recieved it, there were ironic cheers when he finally recieved it in the last few minutes for godsake. How can you criticise him when he wasn't even provided with the ball?!

Once more read what I actually wrote. Regarding Sproule I was not criticising or even offering an opinion reference last nights debacle, My comment was a general opinion about him and his worth to the team, I know it may not be a universally held opinion but it is my general opinion. Although I must admit I do admire the optimism of some who really believe that he will suddenly improve to become something other than a fast runner, Who very occasionally achieves an end result. Sorry to be really negative but that is my opinion.

Stupid post Ivan has never given up. He needed short quick passes to stretch watford so he could get some space. We made it so easy for Watford. Even if Skuse had given him the ball more he had two defenders right up his arse ( :crying: ) Sproule is near the bottom of my list for blame

I agree I was overly harsh in my frustration. Ivan for me is a great little player but also a source of great frustration. He tried his pace out had Watford all over him (like they were the rest of the team) and that was that more or less.. Clearly he wants the ball, but I don't see why he has to keep going back and back and back to pickpocket it from Skuse (or Orr before), use the pace... And why the team don't just keep offering speculative stuff to him again and again I don't know.

If he is coming on use his strengths...

dunno... :bruce_h4h:

Archived