IGNORED

Entertainment

Esmond Million's Bung

Just wondering if the forum users who last season wanted City to play a more entertaining style of football and also not too worried about results, I think one poster called our football 'turgid' his name escapes me. So just wondering if those posters are more or less entertained than last season?.

I think the term I used at the time was be careful what you wish for.

Just wondering if the forum users who last season wanted City to play a more entertaining style of football and also not too worried about results, I think one poster called our football 'turgid' his name escapes me. So just wondering if those posters are more or less entertained than last season?.

The football last season was shocking, Johnson should have went after the 6-0 Cardiff result.....the dressing room was lost then.

As for Millen......he should NEVER, have been given the job in the first place.

You can climb down off that high horse, because if certain people THINK they have been proven right by saying getting rid of GJ would be mistake, then they havent. Johnson should have went a good 3/4 months before he did.....the only mistake is appointing an unproven manager in Millen.

In answer to your question....no im not enterained

The football last season was shocking, Johnson should have went after the 6-0 Cardiff result.....the dressing room was lost then.

As for Millen......he should NEVER, have been given the job in the first place.

You can climb down off that high horse, because if certain people THINK they have been proven right by saying getting rid of GJ would be mistake, then they havent. Johnson should have went a good 3/4 months before he did.....the only mistake is appointing an unproven manager in Millen.

In answer to your question....no im not enterained

I can see no high horse here mate, That position was taken by another poster who believed he was proven right, Never mentioned Johnson although I agree he had to go. My question is with the reasoning some people put forward entertainment above results.

I am not sure what you are saying.

I defy you to find any City supporter who found Tuesday's game offered any entertainment.

Today we had some comedy defending, but I would prefer we played like we did today rather than how we played on Tuesday. We had some zippy passing moves, some good balls forward as well as the less skillful stuff we are becoming used to.

When people said they would prefer entertainment over results, I think they meant they wanted to be bedazzled by the slick football on the pitch, not bemused by odd team selection and schoolboy defending.

If I I remember right, 0.62% of people wished for Millen to be manager in a forum poll

I presume this poll was after Johnson left, not after Coppell left. After Coppell had left the situation was totally different from when GJ left so to use a poll from then relating to his appointment last month is not really relevant.

With all due respect, we aren't playing a more entertaining style of football!

I am not sure what you are saying.

I defy you to find any City supporter who found Tuesday's game offered any entertainment.

Today we had some comedy defending, but I would prefer we played like we did today rather than how we played on Tuesday. We had some zippy passing moves, some good balls forward as well as the less skillful stuff we are becoming used to.

When people said they would prefer entertainment over results, I think they meant they wanted to be bedazzled by the slick football on the pitch, not bemused by odd team selection and schoolboy defending.

But today the team selection was very odd and by your own admission the defending was comedy.

You are very predictable!

Anyway, I prefer results to entertainment, always have. I prefer to have a side that is difficult to beat. at least then we nearly always have a chance....

Theres nothing entertaining about taking one point from four home games.

Most of our football is dire, think i got excited about 4 times in two games this week.

Millen was the person who told us all that width was a myth last year,so i dont expect we will get much fast flowing entertaining football for a while !!!

You are very predictable!

Anyway, I prefer results to entertainment, always have. I prefer to have a side that is difficult to beat. at least then we nearly always have a chance....

Me predictable, You just attack virtually every post I make, At least this time you have not sunk to abuse I suppose.

Anyway back to the post, We are singing from the same sheet here, I also prefer results to entertainment, That is what I am saying, But many people last season said they preferred entertainment and I am asking for their views.

I presume this poll was after Johnson left, not after Coppell left. After Coppell had left the situation was totally different from when GJ left so to use a poll from then relating to his appointment last month is not really relevant.

I missed the Coppell fiasco whilst on holiday, but my question is as valid now.

Why was Millen the right man when Coppell left, yet not the right man when Johnson did?

Doh, That's what I am saying it's far from being more entertaining.

I am posing the question is it more entertaining for the people who wanted more entertainment.

Doh.

I think you must be on your own in finding this entertaining.

It's just as bad as it was under Johnson in the last year or so which is disappointing.

I've more hope it will come good than I did then though.

I think you must be on your own in finding this entertaining.

It's just as bad as it was under Johnson in the last year or so which is disappointing.

I've more hope it will come good than I did then though.

Listening to KM on the radio as I drove home I'm afraid I've no hope that he has the experience to turn anything around. Unlike Johnson he's been no where and achieved nothing. He's serving his apprenticeship at a club in trouble...which might be great for him in the long run but doesn't offer us much. And he's certainly not going to raise spirits around the ground with his charisma. A long season ahead....

Listening to KM on the radio as I drove home I'm afraid I've no hope that he has the experience to turn anything around. Unlike Johnson he's been no where and achieved nothing. He's serving his apprenticeship at a club in trouble...which might be great for him in the long run but doesn't offer us much. And he's certainly not going to raise spirits around the ground with his charisma. A long season ahead....

The fact that KM is still learning is why I've got more hope he will turn it around than I did GJ. GJ seemed to me to be convinced he already had the winning formula and if it didn't work the fault was someone else's which stopped him progressing.

Don't get me wrong, we're not in a great situation, but I think when you consider the circumstances it is too early to draw conclusions or panic.

Yes people must be careful what they wish for, however it was the right time for Mr. Johnson to move on when he did and our curent problems are much more about results than entertainment

The fact is it is not a bad thing to want more entertaining fooball, but supporters who say they would rather see entertaining football than good results deceive themselves...Most of us feel entertained leaving the ground with a win!

God prey we get one of them soon

The fact that KM is still learning is why I've got more hope he will turn it around than I did GJ. GJ seemed to me to be convinced he already had the winning formula and if it didn't work the fault was someone else's which stopped him progressing.

Don't get me wrong, we're not in a great situation, but I think when you consider the circumstances it is too early to draw conclusions or panic.

I agree that Gary had had his time...I got the impression that in the end he realised that too.

I fear for Keith. He's going to need a lot of luck and time. Will he have it? He's got so little experience of being in the firing line to draw on...

...if we needed an experienced guy who'd done it all before when Coppell was appointed I believe we certainly needed one after. Appointing Keith for 3 years was a big gamble by Steve Lansdown. If it doesn't come off we've taken a major step back as a club.

Me predictable, You just attack virtually every post I make, At least this time you have not sunk to abuse I suppose.

Anyway back to the post, We are singing from the same sheet here, I also prefer results to entertainment, That is what I am saying, But many people last season said they preferred entertainment and I am asking for their views.

I agreed with your original post, just thought it was another dig at certain posters.... which if I'm honest is getting boring. This is from someone who agrees with you.

...if we needed an experienced guy who'd done it all before when Coppell was appointed I believe we certainly needed one after. Appointing Keith for 3 years was a big gamble by Steve Lansdown. If it doesn't come off we've taken a major step back as a club.

But we know how that went. 3 years was the contract length he had as assistant, so SL didn't feel it fair to shorten it (and lets be honest, it won't make any difference if he decides to change things). And just into the new season with the transfer window about to close there was no opportunity to get an experienced guy who'd done it before in.

I know SL said there were dozens of applicants, but that's just the kind of thing you say to big up the club and the new manager. The reality is the only other candidates likely to get the job other than Coppell were Millen and Burley.

Archived