IGNORED

I Really Believe.

BCFC Jordan

I really believe that we are going down. 4 Homes games in against teams who you'd think we'd of been beating at the start of the season and we've drew 1 and lost 3. Since we've been promoted to the Championship, we've only lost three at home every season. How McCallister is still in the team amazes me, he ruins so many moves by just lumping the ball forward to our smallest player. I think Carey and Ribeiro were a massive improvement on Stewart and Hunt however.

I really believe that we are going down. 4 Homes games in against teams who you'd think we'd of been beating at the start of the season and we've drew 1 and lost 3. Since we've been promoted to the Championship, we've only lost three at home every season. How McCallister is still in the team amazes me, he ruins so many moves by just lumping the ball forward to our smallest player. I think Carey and Ribeiro were a massive improvement on Stewart and Hunt however.

Haven't you just said in another thread give Millen until January at least? Why would you say that in one thread and say in another that we're definitely going down?

blink.gif

Haven't you just said in another thread give Millen until January at least? Why would you say that in one thread and say in another that we're definitely going down?

blink.gif

Because I can't see anyone else doing a better job than Millen is at the moment with the same set of players and I over reacted a bit after getting back from the game. Another manager going 7 games into the season isn't exactly going to help is it?

How McCallister is still in the team amazes me, he ruins so many moves by just lumping the ball forward to our smallest player.

McAllister actually had a decent game today I felt.

Indeed he does often lump the ball forward in the vague direction of our attacking players however on days like today, when you essentially remove his only outlet on the flank, I dont see how he can be blamed for it.

Along with Johnson when he came on, McAllister was one of the few players to show an element of vision and passing range.

Throughout the pitch the ball carrier lacks options and, on top of that, the entire team appear in a rush to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. We have devolved into a long ball, hit and hope, side. We have no playmaker in the middle of the park and, as such, revert to the theory of 'the closer the ball is to their goal the better.' We show very little composure or patience, all too often, and certainly not just McAllister although he is a prime culprit, aimlessly hoofing the ball towards our front in the hope that it either sticks or our 'battlers' in midfield can win the second ball - neither of which happens on a frequent enough basis to deem it a viable tactic.

Only two players today consistently offered themselves as an option to the ball carrier, Skuse in patches and Johnson when he came on. That being the case you should expect little other than a direct, no nonsense, approach.

Archived