IGNORED

Pools Fans Very Upset ?

richieb

I see that a thread on their forum is laying some heavy allegations against our fans.

I think that a mindless few do get a little over excited, but if it had happened at their dump, I believe the outcome would have been exactly the same.

Pools players & fans were a credit last night, & I see that comments maybe fueled with a bit of bitterness. :D

But I am sure we would be they same with the boot on the other foot.

Are support last night was awesome & showed what can be achieved if this club achieves success.

Lets look on the positives & leave the soory pools fans hoping that they can replicate what we did last night. ^_^

http://hufc2003.proboards18.com/index.cgi?...&num=1085041936

Could be case of sour grapes - but City fans did invade the pitch against advice and some did attempt to goad the 'pool fans.Shame on them.

If it had been the other way around.I'm sure City fans would be complaining in the same way

If it had been the other way around.I'm sure City fans would be complaining in the same way
If it had been the other way around I think there would of been a full scale riot.

I can't believe soem of those posts, we stopped their players from getting to the tunnel? I think it was a case of the police held them there. Nothing would have happened to them I saw a number of the Hartlepool staff and players walk off with City fans kindly passing on condolances. Also there is one bloke saying fans should be on the pitch and action should be taken. Well I agree if action is taken against us then action should be taken about them. I recall fans going on their pitch last season when they got promoted and also when they scored against us on saturday. It was all in good spirit, there is no way you can stop that number of people entering the pitch but it wa sjust all in good spirit and am I not right in thinking that all the City fans clapped the Hartlepool fans?

Guest Spunkwood

Chris you aint changed a thing :P

well it really is a bad taste of sour grapes I wasnt there but I'm believing what I hear from the forum, it was a happy celebration. Maybe a few Burberrys I dont know but saying we gave one of them Racial abuse thats crap to me City are the most cultured team in Britan if anyone agrees with me ^_^

Guest Spunkwood

poor baby sour grapes more of a case of bad losers, I'm proud of Hartlepool there a great team getting this far in Div2 has suprised me a lot

It's a disgrace if any of our fans abused their players physically. But watching the game on the tv Cooper and his assistant manager seemed to also be goading our fans at certain times. Pitch invasions happen at every last home game for virtually every 2nd Div team, did we moan when the Barnsley lot ran while our players were still on ythe pitch, we even saw the funny side when Stevie Phillips bag and towel were nicked.

Sorry but I feel nothing for the Hartlepool lot apart from the fact that they had an 8 hr trip back up north after losing. We deserevd to win last night, their goal was pretty much against run of play. And we scored two which is one more than they did.

Guest bloodofwedlock

on the basis, me & three mates were singled out for some unnecessary abuse & a few well aimed kicks after the league game up there, I think this is probably a case of "people in glass houses, shouldn't cast the first stone".

I was on the pitch at the end, albeit after a good 300/400 were on there & stayed around to clap the Hartlepool players off the pitch. It appeared to be the police that kept them back not the City fans. I also remember City fans clapping all the Barnsley players off after the game at Oakwell as well, even though the Yorkshire policy happily let their fans stand behind them & continually goad the City fans.

From memory, only one Hartlepool player acknowledged, although I imagine the rest were probably too gutted to do anything.

Bad luck Hartlepool, you gave it everything, but gave us 5 minutes at the end & it was all that we needed.

Football can be littered with excuses, but just accept that you've had a great season, don't start slinging mud & sour everything.

Disgraceful to the few who did goad the Hartlepool players/fans yesterday. But credit to those who did applaud their players and fans. I think the police cordon round the HUFC players on the way back to the tunnel was un-called for, there was never any hint that the players would get trouble from our fans. It was good natured and I think a lot of sour grapes on their forum is clouding their judgement.

However, I have nothing but praise for the Hartlepool's players and fans - they are a credit to their club.

Shocked to read what the 'Pool fans have put on their forum. Serious case of sour grapes there. Alright there were a few Burberry w#####s out there but the majority were celebrating like they would have been had they got to the final. I think they need to sit down and stop moaning.

I feel sorry for the Pool fans but not for Neale Cooper, he can go #### himself. He's arrogant and from what I can see he goaded the fans before the KO in the second half.

Watching his interview when he was nearly in tears, I had to laugh. Learn lessons Mr Cooper from this and try being more professional.

MM

apparently in the local paper one of their players claims he was kicked by city fans
Yes but he's just bitter, it was sweeney apparently according to pool fans, and i can state for a fact that no City fan did anything to him except for pat's on the back hand shakes and hugs, because i watched him, he walked towards me no city fan kicked him i shook his hand and gave him a friendly hug and then he walked straight to the dugout and then the stewards and police moved him to their end again where no further contact was made between him and any city fan.

He is talking ######, just a sour piece of poo like his manager. The longer this goes on the less sympathy i'm feeling for pool and the more i'm hoping they do poo next season.

Archived