IGNORED

No Bubble For Cardiff!

Dollymarie

• Admin

Slightly staggered the police have agreed to do this to say the least.

Fingers crossed those that go can prove to the police that the restrictions can be permanently relaxed. :fingerscrossed:

Not really that relaxed TBH, you have to go to the M4 sevices to get your ticket (in person), and then they are only availlable from 11am so only have an hour before kick off if you are the FIRST in queue !

No real freedom to go anywhere before the game for a beer etc - just saves the police all the hassle of looking after all the coaches etc

Not really that relaxed TBH, you have to go to the M4 sevices to get your ticket (in person), and then they are only availlable from 11am so only have an hour before kick off if you are the FIRST in queue !

No real freedom to go anywhere before the game for a beer etc - just saves the police all the hassle of looking after all the coaches etc

Can anyone who went last time by car and collected their tickets from the services advise what the situation was like at the services, was there a queue for the voucher/ticket swop?, was there enough time left to get into the area around the ground and park up etc in good time for entering the ground?

I might go, but it sounds like there is a potential for missing the KO if things don't go smoothly at the handover.

As you said - it's almost a self propelled bubble.

You can't go by train - unless you can organise taxis up to the services and back

The handover at the services prevent going for a drink in Cardiff centre before.

The pluses are - of course - you are spared the 3 hours incarcerated on the coach, and presumably you can stay on in Cardiff after the game - if that's your thing.

CR

Can anyone who went last time by car and collected their tickets from the services advise what the situation was like at the services, was there a queue for the voucher/ticket swop?, was there enough time left to get into the area around the ground and park up etc in good time for entering the ground?

I would like to know the same. I fancy going but would want to drive and an hour before kick-off to pick up the tickets sounds a bit tight.

Guest big red dog

You can count me out - I refuse to be treated like a criminal football hooligan.

These measures are completely pointless anyway. How are they going to stop trouble makers from fighting after the match?

Get ready for a blood bath.

hmmm this is very annoying in a way, i'm going to be at university in Newport so to get to bristol for the coaches would take time and expensive, get to the service station near cardiff very awkward as i have no car at uni! Can't i just request to meet the coach when it arrives or something and stand at the gate until it arrives

• Admin

hmmm this is very annoying in a way, i'm going to be at university in Newport so to get to bristol for the coaches would take time and expensive, get to the service station near cardiff very awkward as i have no car at uni! Can't i just request to meet the coach when it arrives or something and stand at the gate until it arrives

It does say on OS you can request a stop "over there" !

Best read the ticket info again. . . .

hmm its a bit daft tbh. they get you all excited by saying 'no bubble for cardiff' and you think yes! great, finally.

but oh, hang on. we've got to go the the services to collect our tickets from police, who wont be handing them out until 2 o clock no doubt.

where we then all head to the ground at the same time and try to find a place to park.

better off going on the coaches if theyre going to do it like that!

so its not really 'no bubble' is it.

Well you're half right! Kick off is annoyingly at 12 (when it isn't on telly) and you can't get the tickets until 11! Which is ridiculous really because that's barely enough time, there's bound to be lates. Obviously this is in place to stop people drinking before but collecting from 10 would've been fine.

It does say on OS you can request a stop "over there" !

Best read the ticket info again. . . .

yeh but the motorway service stations arn't close to newport, or near enough to be convenient. It would mean a train then bus/taxi trip to get to the service station

Well I was planning on taking my family for this one, although due to other commitments we can't leave Bristol till almost 11. Even with the fan-unfriendly midday ko that would have been just enough time to get there and hopefully in the ground on time if parking in the Away Fans Family Parking area which Cardiff publicise on their website.

The requirement however to take a detour to Cardiff West Services makes it absolutely certain we will miss the first half hour of the game. I'm assuming that route forces away fans to approach the ground facing the away entrance hence avoiding taking us through those nasty Welshmen, does anyone know if I'm right, or is the ticket collection thing just a Heddlu ploy to agitate City fans?

Archived