IGNORED

No Bubble For Cardiff!

Dollymarie

With having to collect tickets with just an hour before the game kicks off i'll probably just stick with the home end again. Can get the train in from my mates in Gloucester and drink and he's a cardiff fan so sit with him. Would be much easier than messing about with the services.

I am really annoyed. I am in Cardiff for work the day before (I live in London) so have booked a nights stay to see the game. I do not drive and will be in the centre of Cardiff. I checked and a cab to the M4 service station will be £20 EACH WAY. This is decrimanatory against fans not coming from Bristol/fans who don't drive or who are not on the coaches. Any suggestions?

I am really annoyed. I am in Cardiff for work the day before (I live in London) so have booked a nights stay to see the game. I do not drive and will be in the centre of Cardiff. I checked and a cab to the M4 service station will be £20 EACH WAY. This is decrimanatory against fans not coming from Bristol/fans who don't drive or who are not on the coaches. Any suggestions?

I know, like i've posted on here already i will be in Newport and a short train journey away from Cardiff but can't get to a service station without it costing me badly.

Reading through this thread not to mention talking to several people, all with the same difficulty and expense of getting to the game makes me frankly quite angry.

The bubble hasnt been dropped at all.

The Heddlu method of dealing with potential trouble is to require all law-abiding fans to purchase a voucher, in order to travel out of their way to a service station to collect a ticket, at increased taxi or other travel expense for some, at a time which may or may not give them sufficient time to get to the game in time, for a kick off time which is more inconvenient for the vast majority of us.

And somebody somewhere is being paid to dream up this nonsense?

Surely there is a possibility of a meeting point in Cardiff away from the stadium for people affected by this? Or a pick up point in Cardiff?

No, as that would defeat their "bubble". Would let people have a bit of a nice day, go into cardiff, have a few drinks etc.

The service station works for them, as its still the bubble.

You either go on the coach, like the old bubble.

Or drive your own car, still have to sit in the services for your ticket, then go to the game.

Doesnt sound like a normal away day for most people.

Cardiff City fan here too..

I know Bristol City have their idiots like every club, but it seems very odd to have less restrictions on Millwall fans than on Bristol City fans.

It must be very frustrating as I know there are a fair number of BCFC fans in Cardiff, who would like to invite friends over, have a pre-match beer and things without all this hassle.

Anyway, the answer boys is to make sure that everyone behaves themselves!

Cardiff City fan here too..

I know Bristol City have their idiots like every club, but it seems very odd to have less restrictions on Millwall fans than on Bristol City fans.

It must be very frustrating as I know there are a fair number of BCFC fans in Cardiff, who would like to invite friends over, have a pre-match beer and things without all this hassle.

Anyway, the answer boys is to make sure that everyone behaves themselves!

Roughly how much would taxi from Train station to services then to ground cost? Any ideas??

It's pointless fighting against the restrictions, I hate the bubble and it's alternatives, however those that question either it's effectiveness and or relevance have short memories as there has and will continue to be a serious ammount of trouble in the future, should the restrictions be lifted completely........oh and it's the easy (cheaper???) option for the dibble.

It's pointless fighting against the restrictions, I hate the bubble and it's alternatives, however those that question either it's effectiveness and or relevance have short memories as there has and will continue to be a serious ammount of trouble in the future, should the restrictions be lifted completely........oh and it's the easy (cheaper???) option for the dibble.

There won't be a serious amount of trouble if it is policed properly. Bubble can't just be used forever.

Oh yea, like the serious trouble when the swansea bubble was lifted........

There was trouble at a west brom game a few years ago wasnt there, should that be a bubble too if we are in the same league again?

The radio today made out like there was serious trouble at qpr - millwall this week, no bubble will be in force for that. Only ourselves and cardiff (maybe swansea too) have these "bubbles"

Take even millwall cardiff on the weekend, there wasnt any trouble at that game because it was policed correctly. The bubble is just a excuse for lazy policing and a crazy amount of man power. How often do you see police walking the streets etc making sure your area is safe, i have only ever seen it on halloween, but come to a football game and they are out in force even when it IS a bubble.

Why is there is a need for some many police when it is still a bubble? (Or this "non bubble"). Full police out in riot gear, pushing and prodding the few fans that have actually gone to the game.

Football fans should be able to travel about how they wish, without being portrayed as criminals for simply being football fans. You do not see all drivers being punished for people speeding etc.

There is greater trouble in towns on a friday and saturday night, but little is down about that bar the £60 fine and being told to stop being naughty.

Now with this game being on Sky the club have to do something to encourage we take as many fans as possible to CARDIFF to support the lads. NOW is when we need to show our support, anyone can go to Wembley for a playoff final... PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SORT OUT THIS M4 DEBACLE.

Its a BUBBLE, boycott it, we have freedom of movement in Britain.

IVE CHECKED THIS OUT -Not really bubble pick up tickets at Cardiff west M4 services 10-1030 now if driving, so plently of time ro get to stadium.If going by train (or in cardiff) you can ring & ask to pick up tickets from ticket office assistant manger at stadium. Or just get official coach.PLEASE ENCOURAGE EVERYONE U KNOW TO GO WE REALLY NEED TO SUPPORT THE LADS. I was at Wembley one game away from Prem and I will be at Cardiff bottom of Champ. Love to meet any of you guys there, DollyM I've seen on tv , I know u!

Archived