IGNORED

Is There Trouble At The Gate

sumcharred

i think there just may be trouble looming at the gate i cant mention any names yet in case the person has not decided what to do yet but he works with the first team day in day out.he was called into see sl and ds and told to take a 5k pay cut or be made redundant and there is also no need for him to go to the away games.i think something is going on cos this dont look good what do you all think

Things are looking very good, thank you!

We will get our stadium.

You may have a point but basically any newbie is now likely to be viewed as a potential NIMBY troublemaker, cheers fella!...for the record Im 100% FOR a new stadium at Ashton Vale but then your just gonna have to take my word for it, be careful not to tar every new member with the same brush

Glad to hear you are 100% behind the new stadium.....it is the way forward.

It is a very sensitive time at the moment and people moaning about the new stadium will not help the cause, even Bob Cook (NSC) quoted some of our fans saying they didn't want it and why did we need it when we only get 13k/14k per home game.

They conveniently miss the fact about the massive increase in non-football income (we are talking millions here) that would come our way with a new ground, they will just blow the negative comments out of all proportion.

Oh, and welcome to otib.

BCAGFC

It is a very sensitive time at the moment and people moaning about the new stadium will not help the cause, even Bob Cook (NSC) quoted some of our fans saying they didn't want it and why did we need it when we only get 13k/14k per home game.

They conveniently miss the fact about the massive increase in non-football income (we are talking millions here) that would come our way with a new ground, they will just blow the negative comments out of all proportion.

Oh, and welcome to otib.

BCAGFC

thank you for the reply and the welcome, I totally agree with you, it is a very sensitive time and one look on a site like 'This is Bristol' will show how many people there are that cannot see the obvious benefits of the new stadium, not just to the club, but the wider community and the city as a whole.

the NIMBYs masquerading as newbies will become obvious soon enough at which point the best course of action will be to deny them the ammunition they want and just ignore them.

Oh, and welcome to otib.

BCAGFC

The non-football income will be pocketed by the owners of the stadium, which will NOT be the football club. The football club will almost certainly merely be tenants at the new stadium.

thank you for the reply and the welcome, I totally agree with you, it is a very sensitive time and one look on a site like 'This is Bristol' will show how many people there are that cannot see the obvious benefits of the new stadium, not just to the club, but the wider community and the city as a whole.

the NIMBYs masquerading as newbies will become obvious soon enough at which point the best course of action will be to deny them the ammunition they want and just ignore them.

It'll be especially obvious when certain new posters disappear when this Village Green C**p rightly gets chucked out by the council.

Guest Calamity James

sorry pressed wrong key i meant cs

Colin Sexstone has been asked to take a pay cut? Is he the person you're on about?

Maybe Lansdown is on a cost cutting spree similar to when Danny Wilson left. Ask Buckethead - he'll be able to tell us what's going on down there.

to be honest If I wanted to see anyone leave The Club it would be Steve Lansdown the guy is a total tool and until he leaves the Club as he has no idea how to run a Club in the first place we won't get Promoted and The Club will go down Hill I think but thats just my opinion and Steve Wigley New Assistant Manager Really???? Really???? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8924603.stm

5k paycut or be made redundent ??.

How come all these new people are posting on here and starting rumours etc.

My opinion is that there are a few anti new ground people coming on here and trying to stir:yes:

this is fact not rumour plus i was born and bred in bs 3v watching city 40 years and probably want a new ground more than you as soon as i know what he is doing i will post the chaps name

to be honest If I wanted to see anyone leave The Club it would be Steve Lansdown the guy is a total tool and until he leaves the Club as he has no idea how to run a Club in the first place we won't get Promoted and The Club will go down Hill I think but thats just my opinion and Steve Wigley New Assistant Manager Really???? Really???? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8924603.stm

This is a joke. Has to be. If not there is only one tool here. You!

to be honest If I wanted to see anyone leave The Club it would be Steve Lansdown the guy is a total tool and until he leaves the Club as he has no idea how to run a Club in the first place we won't get Promoted and The Club will go down Hill I think but thats just my

L opinion and Steve Wigley New Assistant Manager Really???? Really???? eams/b/bristol_city/8924603.stm"'>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8924603.stm

Oh dear god sometimes I wish I didn't have to be sensible and write what I really think of this post. What planet are you on?

Oh dear god sometimes I wish I didn't have to be sensible and write what I really think of this post. What planet are you on?

I agree Dolly - but this thread is full of ridiculous statements - from the outset through to the one you comment on and the accusations from pro stadium fans of NIMBYs joining the forum trying to stir up infighting - it is paranoia - why not close the thread?

i think there just may be trouble looming at the gate i cant mention any names yet in case the person has not decided what to do yet but he works with the first team day in day out.he was called into see sl and ds and told to take a 5k pay cut or be made redundant and there is also no need for him to go to the away games.i think something is going on cos this dont look good what do you all think

The only trouble looming at the Gate is you !

Actually thinking that anyone would consider your post believable is a dead give away.

Leave now, and take your nonsense with you. We are BCFC, not FU2

Hmmm, exactly the same length of time as Chefunk..........:whistle2:

BCAGFC

On the length of time thing. I have City and Sag fans I went to school with. Watched football since the 1940's. Thats before most of this forum were born.

Some of these fans have no clue, absolutely no idea about the finer points of the game, never played at any senior level and are just happy to sing and criticise. Being a fan for 30,40, 50 or 60 years means nothing if you know nothing, no matter how loudly you sing.

to be honest If I wanted to see anyone leave The Club it would be Steve Lansdown the guy is a total tool and until he leaves the Club as he has no idea how to run a Club in the first place we won't get Promoted and The Club will go down Hill I think but thats just my opinion and Steve Wigley New Assistant Manager Really???? Really???? http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/8924603.stm

What's wrong with Wigley?!

Seriously Ted Sheed. Sheed, Ted. Sh*t Head.

Wake up people, gas wind up merchant.

Not that it matters however.

Ted Sheed/Sh8t Head so what? all that says is Im not precious about gasheads/west ham or QPR fans I know calling me a sh8thead, do you throw your toys out of the pram when someone calls you a sh8thead??-if you do I guarentee they love the fact it winds you up.

It does matter to me when someone Ive never met assumes they know more about me than they actually do, Im a City fan so dont call me a gas wind up merchant and I wont call you a frickin train on account of the fact you call yourself Tom.

I joined OTIB because Ive enjoyed reading it for months and I wanted to be part of it so dont make my exsistence on this forum difficult based on my user name especially at a time when all newbies seem to be viewed with extreme suspicion. Go back to sleep detective, theres nothing for you to worry about.

Ted Sheed/Sh8t Head so what? all that says is Im not precious about gasheads/west ham or QPR fans I know calling me a sh8thead, do you throw your toys out of the pram when someone calls you a sh8thead??-if you do I guarentee they love the fact it winds you up.

It does matter to me when someone Ive never met assumes they know more about me than they actually do, Im a City fan so dont call me a gas wind up merchant and I wont call you a frickin train on account of the fact you call yourself Tom.

I joined OTIB because Ive enjoyed reading it for months and I wanted to be part of it so dont make my exsistence on this forum difficult based on my user name especially at a time when all newbies seem to be viewed with extreme suspicion. Go back to sleep detective, theres nothing for you to worry about.

Yawn, relax a little this is a forum not a job. I posted an opinion you posted yours. I assure you all my teddies and assorted paraphernalia are still contained within the confines of the perambulator.

When someone uses a user name and has little to no posting history, what do you base any opinion on? I'm not going to visit all new members and interview them so I can ascertain what I am and am not allowed to say.

Don't play the victim. If you will react like this to every little comment, you won't last long.

Quite a lot of forums vet new members posts for a while before let them post any old crap.

Just an idea for here.

I'm not sure the Mods would appreciate the workload involved with that!

I went to look at one of the Auld Firm websites a couple of years back (Rangers I think, but can't remember why, possibly when we signed Velicka). To enter the site, you had to click a box to say that you recognised the 'greatness of the club'. I think the idea behind it, was to stop rival fans invading the site. Worth a go on here? It would mean that sags, that regularly come on here in peace, wouldn't post anymore, but some might say that isn't a bad thing!

For the record, I'm not accusing anyone on here of being Gas or a NIMBY, but there are certain threads/posts that I have been sceptical about. I just think that there are probably a fair few newbies on here, who signed up when rumours of the James signing and other transfer activity was flying about over the summer months. As someone else mentioned, let's not tar them all with the same brush. It's healthy for the forum to have fresh faces and ideas.

Yawn, relax a little this is a forum not a job. I posted an opinion you posted yours. I assure you all my teddies and assorted paraphernalia are still contained within the confines of the perambulator.

When someone uses a user name and has little to no posting history, what do you base any opinion on? I'm not going to visit all new members and interview them so I can ascertain what I am and am not allowed to say.

Don't play the victim. If you will react like this to every little comment, you won't last long.

Wasnt playing the victim Tom, merely responding to your post claiming I must be a Gas wind up merchant because of my user name. As regards what you base opinion on I would say you dont judge a book by its cover, if I start posting things that are purely to antagonise the majority of other forum members that would give you justification to accuse me of having an agenda.

Unfortunatly it would appear even to newbies such as myself that this forum has recently obtained new members with an alterior motive, so Im sorry if you pi$$ed me off with your lazy observation but I can assure you that I have broader shoulders than you think, I just dont want to be lumped in with NIMBY morons that may or may not be here to cause trouble.

Keep it to yourself mate or take up gardening or something the www is wasted on you!

Guest Parson St Station

Still waiting for the name........and the 'financial troubles'..... :farmer:

Ps Ted Sheed and I had a laugh about his name over a month a go.

He is 100% BCFC. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived