IGNORED

This Is Going To Be A Good Season...

reddogkev

I dont know about anyone else, but irrespective of the current league spot (very early days) and the poor home form, I still believe this is going to be an exciting season for the club. I still harbour genuine hopes of a play off place, because I honestly feel our squad is more than capable to achieve such a placing. Consider the below factors:

* Millen is still a new manager, did not start the season as the boss, and needs time to develop and still come to terms with some of the damage caused by Copout - this means that the start to the season is understandable and our form will only get better.

* Albert Abdomah is looking lively every game and will get better and better the more he plays at this level. I personally think he is going to be an excellent player.

* The signings of 2 spurs youth players is a massive boost for the club - and they both come with good pedigree. I wonder if Caulkner may have the same impact as mancienne for wolves.

* As the championship has constantly shown with the calibre of teams to win promotion in the past - we all know anything is possible and we should not shy away from the challenge of winning promotion.

* Maynard will come back chomping at the bit and desperate to make up for lost time this season - his return in january will be like signing a new 3 million pound player.

* Dont forget the safe hands of former england number 1 DJ in goal, who is still a fantastic goalkeeper and should surely prove to be too good for this level.

* As bad as some fans have felt the start to this season was, you cannot deny that yesterday's draw away to Burnley shows we can mix it against the best this season.

So, I look forward to another point on tuesday against pompey, then finally a couple of home wins in October, leading to the exciting challenge of qpr infront of the sky cameras.

Come on the boys......

Nice bit of positive Talk. Well done mate. Im with you........................................:dancing2:

Interesting that millen & Wigley is able to negotiate loan deals that others have not been able to in the past - the signings of Rose and Caulker show that they have the respect of at least Harry Redknapp otherwsie these players would not be spending season long loans at Ashton Gate.

Interesting that millen & Wigley is able to negotiate loan deals that others have not been able to in the past - the signings of Rose and Caulker show that they have the respect of at least Harry Redknapp otherwsie these players would not be spending season long loans at Ashton Gate.

Very true! its looks like were building a relationship with Tottenham which is always welcome and would be most benificial to us.

Good artical and i agree 100%. the draw with Burnley will inspire the lads and you can just tell by Fontaine and McAllisters interviews that the seem alot more confident after that performance and felt that actually they could of won the game instead!

Our season starts now ladies and gents, 3 points on tuesday seems a real possibility.

COYR!!

Agree 100% with the comment stated.

Where's the spirit "We're Bristol City We Always Believe!"

When we first came in this division all we wanted to do is stay up. Why not bring that positive thinking in to the dressing room and take some presseure of the players and see where the results get us.

We all know our players arn't great whilst under pressure you could see that in some of our own games this season.

Well i believe we can still achieve our aim of the play offs.

at last - some positivity on here!! As a part time Yid i'm delighted to see the new lads coming in on loan, they are quality too unlike some of GJ's loanees

I still think its a long season and certainly not one we can judge just yet - was Burnley a turning point for us mentally and physically? Lets see eh - COYR !!!!

Keep up the positive mental attitude :-)

I think its to do with Harry Redknapp knowing that Wigley is good with youngsters so he feels they will learn alot from him. He is Englands under 21s assistant after all.

The problem can be summed up in two words - home form. Our away form is, at present, good enough to see us 5th, as Leeds' is identical, and that's taken from 4 very tricky fixtures against good opposition each time. If we sort that out, and I'm confident Milly & Wigley will do so, given the run at the end of last season, the players that've been brought in, and the fact that away from home we're looking more than competitive. The play-offs were always a long shot this year as Coppell himself said, but if we can get up back where we've been for the past 2 seasons I personally would be more than happy considering the upheaval that's happened within the past month alone.

Agree with all your points and all the positive thoughts. We do have a good squad who will continue to improve and get us back up the league to the levels we all want. Only possible worry would be Maynard's return. Sure he'll be chomping at the bit, but we've all seem players come back from injuries and never quite be the same again. Fingers crossed this will not be the case... (sorry to continue the positive vibe)... this WILL not be the case!! Come on City!

I dont know about anyone else, but irrespective of the current league spot (very early days) and the poor home form, I still believe this is going to be an exciting season for the club. I still harbour genuine hopes of a play off place, because I honestly feel our squad is more than capable to achieve such a placing. Consider the below factors:

* Millen is still a new manager, did not start the season as the boss, and needs time to develop and still come to terms with some of the damage caused by Copout - this means that the start to the season is understandable and our form will only get better.

* Albert Abdomah is looking lively every game and will get better and better the more he plays at this level. I personally think he is going to be an excellent player.

* The signings of 2 spurs youth players is a massive boost for the club - and they both come with good pedigree. I wonder if Caulkner may have the same impact as mancienne for wolves.

* As the championship has constantly shown with the calibre of teams to win promotion in the past - we all know anything is possible and we should not shy away from the challenge of winning promotion.

* Maynard will come back chomping at the bit and desperate to make up for lost time this season - his return in january will be like signing a new 3 million pound player.

* Dont forget the safe hands of former england number 1 DJ in goal, who is still a fantastic goalkeeper and should surely prove to be too good for this level.

* As bad as some fans have felt the start to this season was, you cannot deny that yesterday's draw away to Burnley shows we can mix it against the best this season.

So, I look forward to another point on tuesday against pompey, then finally a couple of home wins in October, leading to the exciting challenge of qpr infront of the sky cameras.

Come on the boys......

Nice post, and i admire your optimism, even if I don't share it.

Let's see what the mood of the board is like after the Pompey game. A win, and we'll be drowning in optimism, whereas a defeat will see white flags being waved throughout BS3, as we collectively acknowledge that we're going down this season!

Agree with all your points and all the positive thoughts. We do have a good squad who will continue to improve and get us back up the league to the levels we all want. Only possible worry would be Maynard's return. Sure he'll be chomping at the bit, but we've all seem players come back from injuries and never quite be the same again. Fingers crossed this will not be the case... (sorry to continue the positive vibe)... this WILL not be the case!! Come on City!

As I have been saying for the last 2 or 3 weeks,

Form is temporary,

The squad we have is top draw !!

I believe 90% if not more of our players could get a starting place in 99% of championship teams !

Our manager is not new to the game or the club, he has played at a good level and has a top assistant with good contacts

Our chairman is ambitious and wealthy !!

Onwards and upwards, I have little doubt ! :surrender:

Nice post, and i admire your optimism, even if I don't share it.

Let's see what the mood of the board is like after the Pompey game. A win, and we'll be drowning in optimism, whereas a defeat will see white flags being waved throughout BS3, as we collectively acknowledge that we're going down this season!

What about a draw

Come on the boys......

The two following games are very very important. One point vs Pompey and 3 vs Norwich should be great. Think we have a good statistc against Canarises. I am hopefull. COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Archived