IGNORED

Mr Adomah

bcfcchris2016

in his interview

he likes saying the word 'obviously' :shutup:

Better than ''y'know'' every other word.

I though he came accros well in that interview. He's not the most articulate footballer I've ever seen interviewed but no difficulties at all understanding what he was saying. Seemed a very likeable guy.

From what I have seen of Adomah so far, this player is, without doubt, our best signing of the season and whether or not he gets there with us, this lad is heading for the Prem - definitely.

Quick, fit, very aware of what is going on around him, play-maker, potential goal scorer. What more do you want ?

I forecast Adomah will be a major force in turning our season around.

So long as he stays fit.

From what I have seen of Adomah so far, this player is, without doubt, our best signing of the season and whether or not he gets there with us, this lad is heading for the Prem - definitely.

Quick, fit, very aware of what is going on around him, play-maker, potential goal scorer. What more do you want ?

I forecast Adomah will be a major force in turning our season around.

So long as he stays fit.

we seem to be having trouble with that at the moment though

we seem to be having trouble with that at the moment though

Quite right Hinsleburg..

I think we fans have underestimated the impact of the major injury crisis at the start of this season on our first few games. It badly screwed up pre-season for sure..

Most of it is behind us now (apart from NM of course)

So, Onwards and Upwards we must go (looking at our drastic league position - that is the only direction we can go)

Quite right Hinsleburg..

I think we fans have underestimated the impact of the major injury crisis at the start of this season on our first few games. It badly screwed up pre-season for sure..

Most of it is behind us now (apart from NM of course)

So, Onwards and Upwards we must go (looking at our drastic league position - that is the only direction we can go)

i don't think, however, that we can still use injuries and a disrupted pre-season as an excuse. we are 9 games into the season and our managers have had time to analyze the squad and form a plan if injuries should occur. in my opinion we have to stop blaming referees and injuries and start focusiong on what we're doing wrong.

Not a legend yet but he is heading in the right direction. He runs his heart out for 90 mins and is all over the field. Adomah you are a class act........:chant6ez:

He's definately impressed in his 9 Championship games so far and is very popular with the faithfull with his great attitude and 100% approach.

It took Scot Murray far more than 9 games to gain legenary status at Bristol City, more like half a dozen seasons so we'll just have to wait and see with Albert.

One thing is for sure, at this early stage of the season Albert is favorite for Player of the Year.

Albert's ability to make the right runs at the right time and stay onside even when the ball is delayed is remarkable. He shows absolutley no fear in running at teams and can turn at pace with such balance and control. Has the raw talent for a Premier League future and so far seems to have the right attitude to make it as well.

For me he is likely to be our player of the season. He still sometimes needs to learn when to release the ball, but that comes with time and first team experience. Such a talent.

If this is what he is like after 8 games at this level I am genuinely excited about his future at the club. His link play with Stead at Pompy was excellent, with a super goal to prove it. Maynard must be itching to play with somebody who will do some leg work for him.

'Legend' is generally a loose term anyway. The bloke who opened the door for me earlier is a legend as is the guy who served me in the shop.

Adomah is certainly on his was to real legendary status at city though. His whole attitude is exceptional and should be a lesson to oher city players. Also his willingness to run non stop for 90 mins makes him a firm fans favourite, a bit like Danny Haynes in my opinion.

I had thought we might be witnessing a sort of honeymoon period and that Albert might fade for a while before finding his level in the CCC. It wouldn't be unusual for the form of a young player who's come up a couple of divisions to follow that pattern and I wouldn't have criticised him if it had happened (as I suppose it still might).

However, his performance at Pompey has started me believing, like others here, that the one favour Coppell did us was to unearth what increasingly looks like a real diamond. He was quite outstanding at Fratton Park and showed a remarkable maturity for one so inexperienced at this standard. It wasn't just his ability to run at people that impressed: we'd already seen he could do that. It was his increasing awareness of others, knowing when to take a man on one-to-one and when to bring others into play. It doesn't do to get too carried away too soon with developing players of his age, but it would have been impossible to witness that display and not feel excited for his future.

If there was one thing I'd have liked him to do on Tuesday that he didn't, it would have been to have a go at goal from around 20 yards. He repeatedly cut inside and ran across the face of the area, much as Utaka did for their first goal, but very unselfishly tried to play others in to scoring positions. That's greatly to his credit, but he was in such good touch that I found myself willing him to try his luck and smack one from outside the box. I hope Millen will encourage him to have a go occasionally in those situations.

The other factor that may come into play is that he is a relative unknown at Championship level at the moment, but he won't be for much longer if he keeps playing like that. Watching managers may start to make plans to neutralise the danger he presents and if that happens we'll learn a lot about him from the way he responds to being singled out for special treatment. I must admit that after Portsmouth I can't wait to see how he shapes up against Norwich. I don't want to put the kiss of death on the outcome, but for all Norwich's good start to the season, if City and Albert can perform again like they did on Tuesday I would be very hopeful of a good result.

that the one favour Coppell did us was to unearth what increasingly looks like a real diamond.

Pretty sure I read on here that Albert said he agreed to sign when johnson was manager - it was on here in pre-season.

Not that it matters of course. He looks the business

I had thought we might be witnessing a sort of honeymoon period and that Albert might fade for a while before finding his level in the CCC. It wouldn't be unusual for the form of a young player who's come up a couple of divisions to follow that pattern and I wouldn't have criticised him if it had happened (as I suppose it still might).

It some ways Albert reminds of Elliot when he first joined City. For about half, three quarters of his first season he was awesome but then faded. Some would say he's never regained that form. Its possible that the long 46 game season plus a potential cup run could take its toll on Albert in the same way as it did Elliot.

The other factor that may come into play is that he is a relative unknown at Championship level at the moment, but he won't be for much longer if he keeps playing like that. Watching managers may start to make plans to neutralise the danger he presents and if that happens we'll learn a lot about him from the way he responds to being singled out for special treatment. I must admit that after Portsmouth I can't wait to see how he shapes up against Norwich.

He is a new phenominon in the Championship and not many other teams have yet to work him out and probably won't 'till next season. It will then be a much bigger test for him and we'll get to see just how good (or otherwise) he really is.

Archived