IGNORED

Official Sms (merged Threads)

GJS_Cider_Army

Tom williams joins colchester united on a months loan.

Strange when macca isnt fit to let are only other left sided defender out on loan, maybe were close to bringing in a replacement ?

I don't get it, surely this is his moment to impress if McAllister is doubtful. Why did we have him here at all if his sole purpose was to just train 5-6 days a week and pick up a good wage, I could have done that. Is it any wonder football clubs are crap with finances when they can pay people to sit on their arses for months without ever having any chance of earning it out on the field.

Anyway this could mean that the rumoured sighting of Ashley Cole in a Clifton estate agents yesterday may be true after all.

Hopefully with Toms contract not being renewed will mean buying a 1st choice left back will be top priority. Tom Williams was a wasted signing and a desperate move. We should of brought in a 1st choice left back last summer. We have a few months now to find one. However we've needed one for 2 years.

This is like Johnsons search for a winger last season. Now we have enough out and out wingers for two teams and we changed our formation to a non wing formation. Next season will probably have 3 out and out left backs!!

the idea behind the buying of Williams wasn't wrong, it was just that Williams was exactly the wrong guy to bring in. I didn't mind that we bought cover for left back when we knew injuries would be a problem. Now we have Fontaine and Nyntanga (soon) who can play left back if needed.

It appears that Millen is beginning to make clear by his actions what he thought of some aspects of Coppell's player recruitment strategy and the position it left him in when Coppell walked - and in so doing he is gradually putting his own stamp on the squad (for example, by also signing Rose and Caulker on loan). It is one reason why I agree with those who feel that, despite our deeply worrying current position, we have to give the man more time to show whether he can turn things round.

He's crap , even the fans who watched him pre season were in total disbelief we signed him including me!

Absolutely agree with that. He was unbelievably bad in the couple of games I saw him in pre-season.

He was so bad it was almost like a comedy routine and I was baffled how he remained on the pitch. I thought it was a formality that we'd say thanks but no thanks when his trial ended, so was gobsmacked when he was offered a contract . That was the point that I started to have doubts about what Coppell was bringing us.

We're well rid ....... of Williams and Coppout !!!

Archived