IGNORED

There Is No Realistic Manager.

BCFC Jordan

There is no manager out their that I think we are capable of getting that could actually do the job here. Jewell, Sousa, Pardew are all not good enough for us and would yet again be taking a step backwards.

So what's the alternative? I don't understand how posts like yours help in any way at all.

A decent manager, with the players we have, could still turn this team right around by Christmas. We'd only be one decent experienced, creative midfielder away from a very good side.

There is no manager out their that I think we are capable of getting that could actually do the job here. Jewell, Sousa, Pardew are all not good enough for us and would yet again be taking a step backwards.

BRILLIANT, not good enough for us, who is? one second i'll just ask sir alex feruson if he wants the job. No wait he isn't good enough for us.

SL will need to go out and get the right man,this will cost,but not as much as relegation.

Why wouldnt Pardew be a good shout? took West Ham and Reading up, and led West Ham to an FA Cup final. Did a decent job at Southampton to....

Why wouldnt Pardew be a good shout? took West Ham and Reading up, and led West Ham to an FA Cup final. Did a decent job at Southampton to....

did not take reading up.

Should have walked the league with that west ham side, absolute travesty they had to go up via the play-offs.

John Aldridge took Tranmere to a league cup final and an FA cup semi... still doesn't change the fact he's a naff gaffer and suited to the radio station.

Pardew is a wet weekend.

we don't need that.

at all.

So what's the alternative? I don't understand how posts like yours help in any way at all.

A decent manager, with the players we have, could still turn this team right around by Christmas. We'd only be one decent experienced, creative midfielder away from a very good side.

One player away from a very good side?

I dont think you've borne in mind the back 4!

did not take reading up.

Should have walked the league with that west ham side, absolute travesty they had to go up via the play-offs.

John Aldridge took Tranmere to a league cup final and an FA cup semi... still doesn't change the fact he's a naff gaffer and suited to the radio station.

Pardew is a wet weekend.

we don't need that.

at all.

think you find he took them from League 1 to the championship?

Pardew is a wet weekend? yet Millen is full of charisma???

The simple fact of the matter is he is a far better option then Keith Millen. The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

One player away from a very good side?

I dont think you've borne in mind the back 4!

surely we could make a solid unit out of the following:

Hunt, Stewart, Ribeiro, J. Wilson, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Carey, Caulker, McAllister, Cisse. Anyone else? Admittedly, full-back might need addressing, but I honestly think there's enough there to still make a secure defence. At least I'd hope so.

think you find he took them from League 1 to the championship?

Pardew is a wet weekend? yet Millen is full of charisma???

The simple fact of the matter is he is a far better option then Keith Millen. The bloke really is clueless.....possibly the worst manager ive known in my time. In fact, I'd even appoint you in front of "Millie"...and thats saying something

I said Millen was charismatic did I?

I'd rather have Jade goody in charge than have Pardew, and I'd rather have Pardew in charge than you... the lads would all be suicidal with your negativity around them...

Whilst I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I'd say the two men who stand out are... Mowbray and O'Driscoll.

I said Millen was charismatic did I?

I'd rather have Jade goody in charge than have Pardew, and I'd rather have Pardew in charge than you... the lads would all be suicidal with your negativity around them...

Whilst I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I'd say the two men who stand out are... Mowbray and O'Driscoll.

dont confuse negativity with being realistic matey.

The lads would be suicidal??.....jeez, my heart bleeds for them, the poor souls.....they really have a hard life.

I agree with Mowbray and O Driscoll though.....wow, I found that hard to admit. I actually agree with you for once

The lads would be suicidal??.....jeez, my heart bleeds for them, the poor souls.....they really have a hard life.

I agree with Mowbray and O Driscoll though.....wow, I found that hard to admit. I actually agree with you for once

Have you seen the league table? Why would O'Driscoll leave Doncaster to join us?

I don't need a reality check, I just feel hiring any of the people listed would not change anything. The players have now failed under three different managers, two very established managers in fact so why should we go for somebody like Jewell? I'm not one of those people thinking we could possibly hire O'neill etc.

Realism would be a bit more constructive in my view, Clearly Millen is not "clueless", yet you insult the man almost non stop.

you offer next to no "support" as in supportive comments, I mean, Millen might not be the right man for the job, I can go along with that, But the way you talk about him, and the reasons (if I can call them that) make your view less respectable.

Take Olé's thread today, His comments are difficult to disagree with, Yet he does well to not insult a man who has done a lot of work for this club and does deserve a little more respect.

Ha! Both of them would be Ideal. Mowbray would be the easier option to coax here... You'd say that Sextone and Lansdown would have to be on top form to ever get O'Driscoll here, though the promise of backing would turn my head in his position.

Still, untill Millen leaves I will be behind him 100%, I think any bristol city manager deserves my support during the 90 minutes I'm there... We all want the same thing after all... for us to win football matches.

Guest Parson St Station

Gary Megson.

And btw,whoever suggested Jade Goody probably does have a point.She's moving about even more now than Millen does in the dugout. :innocent06:

Realism would be a bit more constructive in my view, Clearly Millen is not "clueless", yet you insult the man almost non stop.

you offer next to no "support" as in supportive comments, I mean, Millen might not be the right man for the job, I can go along with that, But the way you talk about him, and the reasons (if I can call them that) make your view less respectable.

Take Olé's thread today, His comments are difficult to disagree with, Yet he does well to not insult a man who has done a lot of work for this club and does deserve a little more respect.

Ha! Both of them would be Ideal. Mowbray would be the easier option to coax here... You'd say that Sextone and Lansdown would have to be on top form to ever get O'Driscoll here, though the promise of backing would turn my head in his position.

Still, untill Millen leaves I will be behind him 100%, I think any bristol city manager deserves my support during the 90 minutes I'm there... We all want the same thing after all... for us to win football matches.

The reasons I want Millen to leave, are for the very same reasons I spoke about on here pre-season. I posted a topic on here on 5th August (I'd happily bump it back up if you want?), this was before the Millwall debacle. Every single point I raised in that post.....has been proven right. Every single concern I had then. has been proven right. Now...if I, I dumbass, average Joe....could see this, why couldnt Millen, and at the time, Coppell.

Millen is not a good coach. A good coach gets results. Behind the scenes this club has gone stale.....and it needs freshening up. 11 players left in the summer, 11 came in.....yet we make the same mistakes, and never improve. This is down to the coaching staff and the manager. Even Millen said it himself 6 months ago, sometimes you need a new voice on the training pitch with new ideas.

Millen should never have been given the job, and im so angry that he was. Ok, I admit sometimes my lack of support may not help.....but I would rather vent it on here, then at the Ground. Ive stayed awau the last two home games because I find it that bad, I actually find myself getting angry.....and I have never in my life boo'd a team of the pitch, and dont want to start now. Call me an "arm chair" fan if you wish....but I guarantee Ive been going to City a hell of a lot longer then you my friend.

The simple fact is this, Millen HAS to go....if he doesnt, I would bet anything, we will be relegated this year

Archived