IGNORED

Poor Old David James

cityfan

He must wonder what he's joined! The Premier League was still available to him at 40 and he comes to a Championship club and offers his support for a push to the Premier League.

Well, I hope he gave the whole team a rollicking at half time and full time. They certainly look as though they are going to ruin his footballing CV at the end of his career. Today was a shambles. Not cohesive, no team spirit, no pace, no fluency, no movement, no idea. It was truly dismal. There was nothing James could have done about any of the goals again. He must be both embarrassed and hugely frustrated.

The only players in the team today who I would stick with are David James and Adomah, JCR did okay. Apart from that it was dismal and every other position should be available to others.

PS. Way too many players in the squad, way too many choices and I am sure, way too many upset players

DJ has been a great servant to all his clubs

The important thing for him is he is close to his family. His only other option was not to leave Portsmouth. He said himself he'd still be there if it wasn't for their financial problems

So look at where they are. A couple of points above us

DJ has been a great servant to all his clubs

The important thing for him is he is close to his family. His only other option was not to leave Portsmouth. He said himself he'd still be there if it wasn't for their financial problems

So look at where they are. A couple of points above us

Yes, top bloke. He will not walk out on City, even if we are in trouble. I'm not a big fan of modern footballers in general, but he is intelligent, articulate, loyal and professional. I can't understand the criticism he gets here.

Guest Parson St Station

Hear hear...David James hopefully will be at this club for as long as his body holds up.

I cannot believe the disrespect given to a footballer with so many honours to his name.

Disgraceful.

It won't happen, but I would love to know what he really thinks of the club and our defence. He said in an interview the other day that the first 8 games had been 'interesting', but things were getting better now. Well yesterday, he looked totally frustrated with Carey for the second goal and the whole defence for the third goal, and rightly so.

I am sure he is an imposing figure, but I am also sure we could and should learn from him. Watching City at the moment we look like a league one side again and some players in the team yesterday just don't seem capable enough to propel us forward i.e. Fontaine, McCallister, Skuse and Elliott, all long term servants who have done well, but are they right for us now?

I also thought Danny Rose was very very disappointing yesterday and there is no way he is a central midfielder. Disaster position for him!

please james take a taxi. the man is a joke. get deano in goal. just here for the money.what has he brought to the club. answer nothing.

Every player is here for the money... I feel sorry for James with the so called defending infront of him... Take yesterday when the norwich lad was unmarked for the 3rd goal, it was a schoolboy error..

David James doesn't care about BCFC, he is here purely for convenience, and that's fair enough at his stage of career.

His signing has been a mistake along with the rest of Steve Coppell's rushed purchases..... Nicky Hunt, Damien Stewart not Adomah.

To be fair its not all that easy for a goalkeeper to 'look interested'. The chanting for deano yesterday was stupid, doesn't matter who's in goal if there isn't a defence. After the third goal everybody is booing James - why? There was not one defender in front of Jackson, if we expect him to save every single shot because he's played for england then we really are more deluded than even I thought!

To be fair its not all that easy for a goalkeeper to 'look interested'. The chanting for deano yesterday was stupid, doesn't matter who's in goal if there isn't a defence. After the third goal everybody is booing James - why? There was not one defender in front of Jackson, if we expect him to save every single shot because he's played for england then we really are more deluded than even I thought!

I agree with you. James went ape shit when the 3rd goal went in due to non marking on Jackson, sure sign is that of somebody who doesn't give a f###...

please james take a taxi. the man is a joke. get deano in goal. just here for the money.what has he brought to the club. answer nothing.

I cant see how you can call the man a joke with a thread like this?? You say drop James and get deano in goal, now thats the joke!! Id fully understand if you were saying drop James and get in Hart or carson, i might think you'd lost the plot for thinking we would get them but i'd understand your arguement, but to drop DJ for Deano that is just beyond belief, Deano is NOT good enough he was awful last season!! Ok Ipswich away had a good game but for the rest of the season was not up to championship standard, kept making stupid mistakes like cardiff home, Barnsley away, Sheff UTD home, and i could go on and on and on, before coming to us the guy was number 2 at Colchester could not get in there side, even the club knew we needed a new number 1 during the summer thats why we bid alot of money for Lee Grant and then went for James. So for me for anyone to say lets drop James to play gerkin like i said is beyond belief. And for anyone to say james dont care is also total C**p, you only got to watch him he is a very passionate guy, he was going nuts at his defence yesterday, who were totally s**t again.

Guest Parson St Station

ok pete 1975. tell me what he brings. as i thought you cant. you need the taxi. get one and tell him to keep driving.

I understand you are angry, but why at James specifically?

Our entire defence has played like schoolboys all season.

James has actually won 2 man of the match awards,were you aware of that?

Put into perspective thats 20% of games he has played for BCFC, hes been voted best on ground. Not bad as we've only won 1 game.

The only thing that I know of that 'flys in the air' besides a bird or plane is Gas..... :gasmask::gasmask::gasmask::gasmask::gasmask:

i need a taxi. i pay to watch that crap. ok pal tell me what james has brought to the team.

Completely agree. James has brought nothing whatsoever to the team. Don't care what honours, awards or who he has played for before in the past. All I care about is how he plays for us.

For what is supposedly such a good keeper, I would expect a lot more. I would expect him to be saving a lot more than he does and pulling off some saves that would not be expected of others.....not getting beaten at his near post, fumbling crosses, slow out to the ball, cant kick.

At present, I see a 40 year old man on £15,000 a week, who trains when he fancies it, is an automatic pick whatsoever, and has no interest in City whatsoever.

He may not be entirely to blame for the situation we are in, but he is certainly a big part of it!

I cant see how you can call the man a joke with a thread like this?? You say drop James and get deano in goal, now thats the joke!! Id fully understand if you were saying drop James and get in Hart or carson, i might think you'd lost the plot for thinking we would get them but i'd understand your arguement, but to drop DJ for Deano that is just beyond belief, Deano is NOT good enough he was awful last season!! Ok Ipswich away had a good game but for the rest of the season was not up to championship standard, kept making stupid mistakes like cardiff home, Barnsley away, Sheff UTD home, and i could go on and on and on, before coming to us the guy was number 2 at Colchester could not get in there side, even the club knew we needed a new number 1 during the summer thats why we bid alot of money for Lee Grant and then went for James. So for me for anyone to say lets drop James to play gerkin like i said is beyond belief. And for anyone to say james dont care is also total C**p, you only got to watch him he is a very passionate guy, he was going nuts at his defence yesterday, who were totally s**t again.

spot on post but the abuse he was getting yesterday being called a useless C###t, f##k off back to pompey and i can go on and on, i cant see him taking that crap for long and i wouldn't blame him either if he said sod this im off

David James, one of the top keepers in the Country for over a decade, played in the World Cup Finals just a couple of months ago and now gets slated by City fans, how embarrassing some 'football fans' are, i use the word 'football' loosely because it seems a few on here haven't got a clue about the game.

the abuse david james or any other player gets is unacceptable. Although he is a top keeper he should not be invincible and should be dropped. Surely some blame rests at his feet? He is after all just another squad member. What must deano be thinking.

I should think Deano's thinking "I'm bloody glad I'm not out there playing behind that sh1te defence, please Jammo, don't get injured".

What a bunch of morons to suggest DJ should be dropped, football illiterates the lot of 'em.

Guys, guys, guys ......

I was afraid this would happen.

Look at us, fighting amongst ourselves - why is this happening. STOP and think.

Why is brother turning on brother, fan on fan?

:tumbleweed:

I'll tell you why: it is the pervading stentch of evil that is sweeping across the npower Championship, eminating from West London: Loftus Road, to be precise.

Let us not squabble, let us not blame David James - who, afterall, has to play behind our defence - let us focus our efforts in defeating the evil that is bloody Neil Warnock.

I have long suspected that out defence has been possessed by evil, and with the decisions about the 'village green', and now our goals against tally, this can be the only plausible explanation.

The evil master has come amongst us, and is destroying Bristol City from his liar in West London.

Right! What to do?

1) Garlic

2) Cricifixes

3) Holy water

"Save yourselves!"

I'm off .......... :shocking:

You happy with Millen as well, eh todger?

I was happy for him to be given a chance, and until yesterday, when it became obvious we are not making any progress defensively, i would have liked him to have been given longer, but I think we look more shambolic in that department than ever before, Berti.

However my response was about the brainless morons suggesting its down to DJ.

I think this says it all about Bristol City fans, Englands goalkeeper less than 6 months ago and some of the geniuses on here are pointing the finger at him. Haha, shit, what a laughing stock some of you are, It should be funny if some of you weren't so serious, you really are the most utterly clueless football fans in the entire world.

I have just had the misfortune again of watching the goals yesterday, first goal Fontaine pushed up and Carey was not close enough to the man, great strike, second goal a penalty, third goal the defence was in the changing rooms having a shower and Jackson had a free run at goal from our corner, yes I can see what you mean, it's not the total comedy act in front of him, it's James, he's the problem.

Archived