IGNORED

Poor Old David James

cityfan

I agree that we have some of the most clueless fans in the world.

I had the misfortune to sit next to one such cretin at the Watford game, for the first 20mins he was shouting go on Danny everytime Adomah got the ball, until I could take any more, and pointed out Rose was on the bench !

Someone said to me a few weeks ago they reckon David James would be manager by Christmas, which I scoffed at, but in the present humiliating position, I can't think of a better person currently at the Club getting massive wages, who has the expierience of playing behind those clowns.

He knows better than anyone what's required.

To promote him into the Managers job, if he fancied it, wouldn't be the worst thing I think could happen, even if he was offered it until the end of the season.

But with S.L.'s record he'd be offered a 5 year contract.

My God only at City can things go tits up in the blink of an eye, it beggars belief really what's happening, you couldn't make it up.

He must wonder what he's joined! The Premier League was still available to him at 40 and he comes to a Championship club and offers his support for a push to the Premier League.

Well, I hope he gave the whole team a rollicking at half time and full time. They certainly look as though they are going to ruin his footballing CV at the end of his career. Today was a shambles. Not cohesive, no team spirit, no pace, no fluency, no movement, no idea. It was truly dismal. There was nothing James could have done about any of the goals again. He must be both embarrassed and hugely frustrated.

The only players in the team today who I would stick with are David James and Adomah, JCR did okay. Apart from that it was dismal and every other position should be available to others.

PS. Way too many players in the squad, way too many choices and I am sure, way too many upset players

He didnt seem to be to bothered whilst playing blackjack in the Grosvenor at 3 this morning ha

please james take a taxi. the man is a joke. get deano in goal. just here for the money.what has he brought to the club. answer nothing.

Jesus H Christ, you havent got a ******* clue. did you watch that clown Gerkin last season???? David James can do better in his sleep than Gerkin can fully awake

Jesus H Christ, you havent got a ******* clue. did you watch that clown Gerkin last season???? David James can do better in his sleep than Gerkin can fully awake

That's really unfair. This thread isn't about Gerken. Anyway, for what it's worth, I thought he was one of the few successes to emerge from the last mediocre season.

As I've said before, we are getting nothing more from James than we would get from our other keepers.

He had a sparkling career, but let's face it, it's over now and even Rob 'butterfingers' Green gets the nod over him as 3rd goalie in the England squad to face Montenegro.

The £750,000+ he costs the club would have been better spent buying a decent left back.

I don't feel sorry for him! He's getting paid 15,000 a week to play shite and not look interested. Hard life isn't it?

You are missing the point mate, James is a goalkeeper who has been there and done it, dont you think he could have got more money from someone like Fulham.

If you had played for England most of your life I think you'd feel that being a championship clubs top earner would be pretty much correct, when our other so called professional players have a similar record then they will be able to command such wages.

I have heard that James might be causing unrest in the squad, if thats true then some players need to take a long hard look at themselves, do you think for one minute that Craig Bellamy is playing for peanuts at Cardiff.

Sometimes I think certain players make for good scapegoats, would Dean Gerkin have saved any of those attempts on saturday, maybe he'd command the defence better, oh yeah that I seem to recall was what people were criticising him for last season.

Lets face it the WHOLE team arent performing at the moment and a goalkeeper can only play with whats in front of him, you look at the Coventry goal the other week where he ran right from the half way line before scoring unopposed, need I say more

Gerken wouldn't have saved those shots but he isn't on such a massive salary NOR is he afforded the unwarranted adulation that some posters here seem to give James.

Football - like every sport - is full of examples of players who were great but declined to just be average. I think we have one such wearing our Number One jersey.

And before people leap down my throat, I'm NOT saying that DJ is the root of our problems or to blame for the current fiasco. I just object to the praise he has received from some quarters when he has been very, very ordinary.

Anyone know the story about the "Emporer Has No Clothes" ?

OK here's how it goes, a superb con-man gets to see the Emporer of some tin-pot country and sells him the idea that he can pay a fortune for a wonderful outfit which the Emporer can't see but everyone else can. Said con-man takes the dosh and does a runner.

The Emporer goes out on a parade in his carriage wearing his new "clothes" (actually bollock naked). Everyone claps as the procession goes by until one guy shouts out "The Emporer Has No Clothes" after which everyone realises the truth.

Sorry, but this is how I feel about DJ. I hear what everyone says about the failures of our defence recently (and I agree) but without doubt he was TOTALLY responsible for both goals at Ipswich and although I think no keeper would have had any chance against Norwich's 3rd goal last Sat (after our defence went AWOL) , he should have got a hand to the first goal and more than once during that game his distribution up-field was hopeless.

So, what I am saying is, just because he has had a brilliant career are we all being conned ? His goals against so far this season average nearly two per game. Our goal difference is currently the worst in the league.

I think DJ is past it and taking the piss out of all of us. I would start Gerken against Cardiff.

If Millen does that, I might start believing in him.

James trains but not as much as the rest of the squad,which is common for alot of older players they know their bodies well at their age, if he spent as much time on the field as the other keepers his knees would be in no condition for a game.

This was know when he signed.

It's happened before for older players at city and will happen again.

As for his place in the team, gerkin or James. No brained james everytime, simply a better all round player

Archived