IGNORED

Hollowhead - The Manager We Should Have Had All Along ?

The Red Planet

Guest Mr Mosquito

I advocated at the time that Holloway or Warnock would have been excellent appointments. Despite what many see as baggage both are clearly capable - in my mind - in motivating a team that punches above it's weight.

Both might be disliked intensely by the CTID diehards, but who where would you prefer to be now? Beating Liverpool away and having a fantastic afternoon - remember FA cup victory anyone? - or riding along looking up at the real chance of Premier League next season ala Colin - or wondering whether your own manager will ever uncross his arms as we're staring at a defeat - oh, but we played great football, the ref was to blame, we deserved more.

I don't know the answer to the question but with SLs apparent wealth and commitment to the club, does anyone know how that compares to the backers of QPR? I ask as if the wealth and investment is the same I wonder whether the reason QPR are where they are and we're where we are is due to something more fundamental? The ability and skill of the manager?

Don't look back and hindsight and all that but we need to take something from our past to build for the future.

Did we do that with recent managerial appointments? I fear not. Appointing from within, someone who has coaching qualifications and "is a good bloke' doesn"t work.

Or put another way, the monkeys haven't evolved and we're in danger of forever walking around on all fours.

For me the play-off semis between us and Warnock's Crystal Palace were the best two City games I've seen in years. Warnock achieved great things at Crystal Palace on a shoestring budjet and now he's at QPR - with money to spend - QPR definately look like automatic promotion material.

Guest Mr Mosquito

I would love to have Holloway at Ashton Gate. As I am sure some would deep down love Warnock to be here too! (Yes I said it, let the slaughter begin)

Alas, we haven't got a hope in hell of getting Warnock from QPR. If it was Hollowhead and not Millen with us at the bottom of the Championship then Hollowhead would get crucified here. Gary Johnson had run out of ideas on how to take us forward and Warnock could have taken us forward but that's history. Warnock does know how to get clubs promoted from this division and now Hollowhead does as well. We need a manager with a proven track record, Cop-out wasn't the man but no harm in debating who could be the right manager for us.

I would love to have Holloway at Ashton Gate. As I am sure some would deep down love Warnock to be here too! (Yes I said it, let the slaughter begin)

I'd have no problem with Warnock as manager, he's a pantomine villain, great for matchday banter and a good rival. But he's a great character and you'd love him if he was your manager. Holloway is an entirely different situation imo and I would not under any circumstances want him as manager.

No. You and many others like you. He's gas isn't he? North of the river? Said some bad, bad things about us.

But bugger me. He's Bristolian. He's passionate. He clearly cares about what he does and the city he was born and bred in.

That different to you, me and many others that post on here?

Probably not.

What was said and done in the past was said and done then. Move on. Live in the here and now.

No. You and many others like you. He's gas isn't he? North of the river? Said some bad, bad things about us.

But bugger me. He's Bristolian. He's passionate. He clearly cares about what he does and the city he was born and bred in.

That different to you, me and many others that post on here?

Probably not.

What was said and done in the past was said and done then. Move on. Live in the here and now.

more or less exactly what i said on an earlier post. totally agree.

Any Gasheads reading this thread would probably be shocked by the slight majority, ( think) supportring the (arguably) crazy idea I put up on the OP that Ian Holloway should now be managing City.

Taking into account posts from fellow BCFC fans about his career history (and yes, I know he flopped at Leicester) and understanding (now) he was not actually available when GJ was fired, I still say:

At the risk of a fatal fusillade of bullets from City Fans

Holloway was probably the best manager we never had.

Any Gasheads reading this thread would probably be shocked by the slight majority, ( think) supportring the (arguably) crazy idea I put up on the OP that Ian Holloway should now be managing City.

Taking into account posts from fellow BCFC fans about his career history (and yes, I know he flopped at Leicester) and understanding (now) he was not actually available when GJ was fired, I still say:

At the risk of a fatal fusillade of bullets from City Fans

Holloway was probably the best manager we never had.

I think the lack of replies against Hollowhead is simply because we've said it all before.

Hollowhead has always hated City, from his early days as a Tote Ender, to the entirety of his football career when he has never missed an opportunity to criticise BCFC and made his detestation of everything to do with our club abundantly clear.

He truly despises Bristol City Football Club.

Skeletor as manager of BCFC is a non starter, as should be any thread suggesting such an stomach turning eventuality.

David Moyes was the best manager we never had.

Archived