IGNORED

Steve Henderson

Portland Bill

Henderson is a better all round goal keeper than both Gerken and James in my opinion! i just feel so much safer when hes between the sticks!

Christ.... I'm never ever going to understand how James went from the messiah to the worlds worst keeper - he's only had one bad game at Ipswich.

It's so embarrassing.

Henderson is a better all round goal keeper than both Gerken and James in my opinion! i just feel so much safer when hes between the sticks!

1. Better than James? I hope thats a joke.

2. Casillas would concede goals for us with that so called 'defense' in front of him.

3. You feel safer with him in goal? I suppose you came to that conclusion in the 3 games he played for us?

Christ.... I'm never ever going to understand how James went from the messiah to the worlds worst keeper - he's only had one bad game at Ipswich.

It's so embarrassing.

Ive never rated james, even when he was in the prem, i still thought he was a calamity! i didnt want him at city and everyone who knows me will tell you the same. When Henderson has been in goal for us he looks a more complete all rounder than david james, he doesnt panic, hes not a calamity and is a good goalkeeper! ofcourse this is just my opinion and im more than entitled to it :)

Guest Parson St Station

Ive never rated james, even when he was in the prem, i still thought he was a calamity! i didnt want him at city and everyone who knows me will tell you the same. When Henderson has been in goal for us he looks a more complete all rounder than david james, he doesnt panic, hes not a calamity and is a good goalkeeper! ofcourse this is just my opinion and im more than entitled to it :)

I respect your opinion but can I just ask exactly what parts of James keeping do you feel are inferior to Hendersons?

I agree I think he will be a very good keeper over time, but David James has achieved so much over his career,is still very fit, and can play on for years yet, should he want to do so.

I feel the fact that Celtic and Sunderland both made offers to him speaks volumes.Hes the same age as Van der Sar (sp?) and is still a truly world class keeper.

Gordon Banks would struggle with the embarrasing defending this season.

He was Englands best player in the World Cup, and as daft as it may sound, should city get their act together and rise up the table,he may well snag another International cap or two.

IMO he's the best keeper we've had since Cashley and 'baldy' Shaw (sorry John!).

Not wanting an argument, would just like you to expand on your post a bit please. :drunk2:

Yes you're entitled to it but I don't see how you can actually beleive that he is better than James.

Regardless, you are wrong, there's people who get paid to judge footballers and they disagree with you.

Numerous Premier League managers just can't be wrong.

I respect your opinion but can I just ask exactly what parts of James keeping do you feel are inferior to Hendersons?

I agree I think he will be a very good keeper over time, but David James has achieved so much over his career,is still very fit, and can play on for years yet, should he want to do so.

I feel the fact that Celtic and Sunderland both made offers to him speaks volumes.Hes the same age as Van der Sar (sp?) and is still a truly world class keeper.

Gordon Banks would struggle with the embarrasing defending this season.

He was Englands best player in the World Cup, and as daft as it may sound, should city get their act together and rise up the table,he may well snag another International cap or two.

IMO he's the best keeper we've had since Cashley and 'baldy' Shaw (sorry John!).

Not wanting an argument, would just like you to expand on your post a bit please. :drunk2:

To be honnest the standard of English goalkeepers is pretty lot, james is the best out of a bad bunch. not only that but he doesnt look interested, i dont care what hes achieved in the past, that is history not, hes playing for Bristol City Football club and hes looked nothing more than average to me. he could of done better with alot of goals this season and i feel that if hendo or even gerken was in goal they would of done a better job. James is on huge wages, hes most probably the highest paid city player, mabie even the highest earner through out our history? he doesnt deserve the money hes on for the reasons ive stated above. the money would of been much better spent on a new defence, instead we blow in all on 1 goalkeeper whos 40 years old. atleast Henderson wants to he here (if only milly could see this rather than sending him out on loan) how many balls did hendo flap at walst he was in goal for us? how many did he save and then drop? the answer my friend would be none.

Guest Parson St Station

To be honnest the standard of English goalkeepers is pretty lot, james is the best out of a bad bunch. not only that but he doesnt look interested, i dont care what hes achieved in the past, that is history not, hes playing for Bristol City Football club and hes looked nothing more than average to me. he could of done better with alot of goals this season and i feel that if hendo or even gerken was in goal they would of done a better job. James is on huge wages, hes most probably the highest paid city player, mabie even the highest earner through out our history? he doesnt deserve the money hes on for the reasons ive stated above. the money would of been much better spent on a new defence, instead we blow in all on 1 goalkeeper whos 40 years old. atleast Henderson wants to he here (if only milly could see this rather than sending him out on loan) how many balls did hendo flap at walst he was in goal for us? how many did he save and then drop? the answer my friend would be none.

Then I'm sorry OriginalRed,I don't understand your issue with DJ.

I love the fact that Englands recent goalkeeper plays for us.

Go DJ! :dancing6:

"Goalkeeper Stephen Henderson would be happy to extend his stay at Yeovil Town after admitting he was "rotting away" at Bristol City."

Always said he has the worst job on the team. Played second fiddle for years and hardly got a game. He could quite adequately be our first team keeper so it must be frustrating for him to not even get on the bench.

I think I would be thinking about moving on if I was Hendo.

Guest Parson St Station

Why ask for a responce when your not willing to take into account everything else ive had to say? seems odd.

Probably because you've only repeated what you said before.James has won m-o-m twice.I don't believe Gerkin and Henderson have won one between them.

I can't believe you think James 'flaps' more than Gerkin and Hendersons played 3 championship level games.

As for wages,James is on 8k per week.

I think thats a bloody good deal.

I hope you are satisfied with my reply, because as you have said, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Unfortunately for you, no-one seems to share yours.

Cheers.

I honestly do not understand what you are on about and you are not entitled to this opinion.

Of course, that's just my opinion (is there a little icon to denote irony?).

Probably because you've only repeated what you said before.James has won m-o-m twice.I don't believe Gerkin and Henderson have won one between them.

I can't believe you think James 'flaps' more than Gerkin and Hendersons played 3 championship level games.

I hope you are satisfied with my reply, because as you have said, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Cheers.

Did you get that wage figure off FIFA11? because if you did that's totally unrealistic, and would also mean that he is on less than Maynard. Made i larf anyway :D

To me, James is just a short-term publicity stunt, and so far, has not looked value for money. I have always liked the look of Henderson, he might not have been as good as James this season, but had he been given a chance, it would be far better in the long-term for City.

Cheers.

Henderson has won man of the match once actually if i remember rightly! i dont care if people share my opinion, its my opinion regardless. i dont follow the crowd, i go with what i think! Henderson IS a better keeper than James.

I honestly do not understand what you are on about and you are not entitled to this opinion.

Of course, that's just my opinion (is there a little icon to denote irony?).

Its quite simple to understand what i am on about. let me spell it out to you in block capitals: HENDERSON IS A BETTER KEEPER THAN JAMES. is that clear enough for you?

Guest Parson St Station

Did you get that wage figure off FIFA11? because if you did that's totally unrealistic, and would also mean that he is on less than Maynard. Made i larf anyway :D

No, my Dad was the BCFC kit-man from the late 70's to the 1990's.Even in the team photo fron Wembley in 85-86.

As we slid down the leagues, me dad would bring the kit home and me and me mum would wash,dry and iron it...training kit and all.

Every Xmas while me dad was there City players would pop round for a (quick!) drink,but it meant a lot.

Still got Kevin Mabutts and John Shaws tops.

My dad still knows some of the other old timers at AG, so if they say he's on 8k per week,well with their history of being involved in the club,Ill believe them, not you.

No offence meant to you mate but my mam and dad did shitloads of stuff for city back in the VERY bad days.

Its quite simple to understand what i am on about. let me spell it out to you in block capitals: HENDERSON IS A BETTER KEEPER THAN JAMES. is that clear enough for you?

NO HE ISN'T, to be honest you are talking shite! He's been at fault for only 2 of the 19 goals conceded this season.

James is better than Gerken or Henderson will ever be!

I don't understand how you can believe that Henderson is a better keeper than James. It seems bizarre that you have formed such an opinion.

I think you may have been watching a different game to me over the last few years. James is an outstanding player and could still be playing in the Premier League. Stephen Henderson has played 5 games for City and about 30 in his career (mostly in the lower leagues). What are you basing your opinion on?

So that you are clear I think your opinion is wrong. No need to get shouty and angry.

Archived