IGNORED

Steve Henderson

Portland Bill

Henderson has won man of the match once actually if i remember rightly! i dont care if people share my opinion, its my opinion regardless. i dont follow the crowd, i go with what i think! Henderson IS a better keeper than James.

Just saying "it's my opinion" is brilliant. No way to argue with that is there?

I don't agree with you. It's not an opinion I can even respect.

Over 20 years, DJ has maintained the highest standards as a player and has the track record. He has made mistakes (name a keeper who hasn't) but always worked to overcome his weak points.

Successive England managers have picked him, he was offered terms at premier league clubs before signing at City and has made outstanding saves in the games I've seen at the Gate.

Hendo is a player with some potential. That's all. It's not like dozens of top clubs (or even 1 top club) are trying to get him to sign. There's are reason he was allowed to leave Aston Villa.

I've personally always rated Stephen Henderson higher than Dean Gerken if that's anything to go by!

I know Henderson hasn't played that many games for us, but he's been flawless in every single one in my opinion!

A fantastic shot stopper, a great commander of his box, knows how to control his defence, does the right things from corners and free kicks etc, so what more could you want from a keeper?

Ok, so he did let in "one perfect penalty" last season, but that wasn't his fault, and there was nothing any keeper could have done about it!

It seems to me that most of the people who post salary numbers on OTIB are either plucking numbers from the air or have some anecdotal evidence from some 'source'; do any of us truly know what anyone is being paid? More to my point do we really care IF they are doing the job? And even if they are not i don't think we should prejudice against any player based on anecdotal evidence, largely, at best; it is hardly a players fault he is on thousands a week as opposed to a tenner back in JA's day.

I do not doubt for one moment that every single City player is here simply because they love to play football, they get a salary to boot and many of them, probably all of them, enjoy playing for City. Well, OK, maybe not right at this moment, but you will get my point i hope.

Too right -- I find it very hard to understand why he has een overlooked -- as you say theonly goalie for ages who has had such a command of his area and giives defence confidence. What really worries me tho is that the management team cannot see it -- and i am meant to be optimistic about our chances of escape this season. Obviously after 50 years i have learnt v little about football and my team!!!

I've personally always rated Stephen Henderson higher than Dean Gerken if that's anything to go by!

I know Henderson hasn't played that many games for us, but he's been flawless in every single one in my opinion!

A fantastic shot stopper, a great commander of his box, knows how to control his defence, does the right things from corners and free kicks etc, so what more could you want from a keeper?

Ok, so he did let in "one perfect penalty" last season, but that wasn't his fault, and there was nothing any keeper could have done about it!

david james is just here for a final payday, 15k a week and 1/2 a mill signing on. not bad if you can get it.imo i would have deano in goal. james does not show me he really wants to be at ashton gate.

As a "final pay day" his wages here are less than offered at other clubs. He was on significantly more at Pompey and waived his right to an extension in order to play. If he was in it for the money he would be at Sunderland or Stoke on a load more than here. Or he could be raking it in playing away in Abu Dhabi or Kazakstan or somewhere.

What do you want to see him do to persuade you he wants to be at City? He's at training every day. He's working with the other keepers. He's doing everything a senior is expected to do.

What are you looking for exactly?

show some passion for the club. not walking around as if he is not interested.i for one wish he was at stoke or sunderland.he is stopping two young keepers from playing at decent level. the man is 40. taxi for james.

I guess we are not seeing the same things, because I don't agree at all. James is working hard for the team and trying to communicate with the defence who seem to ignore him regularly. He looks exasperated and upset with the team's performances. I think that shows passion.

Going back to Steven Henderson, I think there is a reason why he has had so few games for City. It would be similar to the reason he was allowed to move on from Aston Villa. In a nutshell, he is not ready/good enough to make the first team yet.

I suppose what makes football interesting is different opinions on the game.

No, my Dad was the BCFC kit-man from the late 70's to the 1990's.Even in the team photo fron Wembley in 85-86.

As we slid down the leagues, me dad would bring the kit home and me and me mum would wash,dry and iron it...training kit and all.

Every Xmas while me dad was there City players would pop round for a (quick!) drink,but it meant a lot.

Still got Kevin Mabutts and John Shaws tops.

My dad still knows some of the other old timers at AG, so if they say he's on 8k per week,well with their history of being involved in the club,Ill believe them, not you.

No offence meant to you mate but my mam and dad did shitloads of stuff for city back in the VERY bad days.

Not doubting your old man was told these figures, but I'm sure I remember Sextone saying the only people who knew what James gets p/w were James himself, Colin, and Steve Lansdown.

Archived